Piedmont Healthcare

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
3.4

Kevin Brown

Great if you are not silo'd and want advancement

Current Employee - Applications Training Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working enviroment, smart people, flexible and kind

Cons

Silo's, difficult to stand out when you are stuck in a cube

Nice place

Current Employee - Nurse  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice people and nice place

Cons

Don't really have any except they need to pay better

In 13 years I grew a strong attachment to several people and felt like my immediate supervisor had my back.

Former Employee - Registrar II
    Former Employee - Registrar II

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The facility always keeps up with latest technology. Great cafeteria food. Very educated clinical staff. I learned alot and I was just a Patient Care Tech. The docs and nurses in ICU and ER took me under their wing and taught me so much.

Cons

After I went to school to further my education as a Cardiovascular Technologist, it was impossible to advance in that area because the supervisor at the time wouldn't give me a chance as a new Echo Tech. Even though I had shown my skills to several of the techs and they were very impressed. She would tell people throughout the dept that my school was horrible which was far from the truth. I had later found out from one of my lead instructors that she had a dispute with her which is totally personal. My career suffered and after 13yrs of working with people I loved, I had to leave and relocate so I could work on my field. It hurt me so much. That supervisor is no longer there so maybe piedmont admins finally learned of this womans behavior.

Dont discriminate and be more proactive in promoting your team

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall fantastic.

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Great leadership, pay and atmosphere.

Cons

Very few overall, floors differ greatly from what I can tell.

Keep on keeping on!

Better, Better, Better!

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Visionary Leadership and awesome staff. I've been with Piedmont for two years now. It was a pretty good place when I started - culturally, one of the most friendly environments I've ever worked in. Things were a little chaotic...lots of new software implementations that may have gone to "Go Live" a little premature, but even during the height of chaos our clinicians never skipped a beat wit our "patients first" montra. Now under the new senior leadership, particularly Kevin Brown and Vicki Cansler, Piedmont is reinventing itself with "stewardship" as our new focus - Piedmont belongs to the community and we are "stewards" of the community's hospital. When Piedmont said, "It's time to get BETTER", we did and we are...getting better every day.

Cons

Traffic to and from work is definitely a huge challenge...not a lot of "back up" routes during unexpected traffic situations. A twenty minute commute can easily turn into an hour and a half, with even minor accidents. Front line managers need more "management" training - most are too "hands on" ...tactical, but not very strategic - employees see them as good teammates, but they don't have the confidence in them as leaders, which becomes problematic whenever they need someone to turn to.

Stay the course with your vision and get your managers trained.

Excellent job...one of my best employers ever!

Former Employee - CT Tech  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - CT Tech in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Piedmont Healthcare part-time

Pros

Great pay, wonderful supervisor, open communication with staff and management

Cons

traffic to job was the problem

continue being open when communicating with staff. It helps the staff to know where everyone stands and what is required of them.

A great learning experience with even better benefits

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have a very strong supervisor and director. They both are willing to help in any situation and my supervisor keeps his/her employees motivated.

Cons

Working with the general public at any job has the potential to be tedious. It is very fulfulling to have the opportunity to provide some of the best service (with a strong team there to back you) to make someone's day, but you aren't always given that chance in this field.

Lucy, I'm home

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

Multiple opportunities within different departments and locations

Cons

traffic on Collier Rd is annoying

Piedmont has been by far the fairest and most caring place to work for in my career, it's like home.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've never worked anywhere that went above and beyond the norm to provide such fair and equitable treatment of their staff compared to what I've experienced at Piedmont Healthcare. I honestly feel that an enormous amount of time, work and expense has gone into rewards programs for all levels of employees, with support from the highest levels of leadership. Strategies that impact employees as well as patient care are not taken lightly or without extreme diligence, our patient's care and needs have always been first and foremost. I have received excellent care at Piedmont when I've needed it, and so have my family members.

Cons

There are always challenges when you are in growth-mode, but expansion is much better than the alternative, and necessary to survive in this ever-changing industry. I wouldn't care to work for a system that is satisfied with status-quo, or worse, declining.

Keep rounding and listening, our employees will provide you with good feedback and will not let you down.

I enjoy working at piedmont because the job is very interesting and I feel like I directly influence the quality of care

Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Great Place to Work and Grow In Your Career in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Piedmont Healthcare

Pros

- Interesting work
    - Career growth and training offered
    - Supportive management in most cases
    - Good work life balance
    - Reasonable pay and it's nice to get a small bonus at the end of the year

Cons

- PTO policy is not that good and misleading when you are hired
    - Not many "extra" benefits
    - Medical benefits are not that great for this to be a hospital. You would think they would be better.
    - Too many old timers in IT have too much control. It gets to the point where you cant do you job efficienty because of all the restrictions IT has in place.

I was disappointed to hear our CTO say that IT was "an expense" and needed to be kept under control. I agree with cost controls, but as an IT person, I get tired of the "IT is just an expense" mantra. We provide valuable services that make EVERYONE's work much easier and much more efficient. I automate things all the time that would take an FTE to do manually, so my work should be considered as cost-savings and not as an expense.

Worked for Piedmont Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!