Piedmont Natural Gas

Thomas E. Skains

Call center rep

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Listening to customers complain about stuff you may not be able to help them with. You can't give everyone what they want and some customers of course don't understand this.

Excellent Pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

Full time, excellent pay, great benefits, large bonuses, raises once or twice a year based on performance.

Cons

No promtions unless you move to Charlotte.

Keep up the good work!

Great Company, Plenty of Opportunity

Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time

Pros

Piedmont does a great job of recognizing and developing talented employees. New ideas or approaches are well-received. Management is happy to be a resource throughout the company, and learning and growth are encouraged. Excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Employees rarely leave the company, so opportunities for advancement are limited. Some areas can be somewhat slow to embrace change.

Keep up the good work!

Best company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Skills of training and family orientate .

Cons

Solve customer issues in a professional manner.

Keep training old and new employees.

Intern Review

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas as an intern

Pros

Great people, well-organized, fun events

Cons

under utilized due to internship being completed during slow season

Customer service representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, great environment,wonderful people.

Cons

Hours, forced to sale . Hard to get promoted unless you are willing to relocate.

Training was good but...

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

The training was good but once you get out on the floor it all goes out the window. It's survival of the fittest.

Cons

There is no chance for advancement in the lower positions

A great company to work for.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits package is, for the most part, highly satisfying in comparison to other businesses in the area.

Cons

This is a negative of the benefits package The company was Inconsistent in the process of determining the level of further education they would pay for. (see more in next box)

Be consistent in the way that you provide assistance for employees to further their education. When an employee already has a bachelors degree that had they already obtained on their own but is not in a supervisory position, pay for their masters degree now so that they can move up. Disallowing the masters level educational benefit to any position below supervisors makes it difficult for employees to move up. I know of one person that was not in a supervisory position and the company paid for her masters degree anyway. She was able to move up in the company and has done very well.

Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for! There are many that would like to work for PNG.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

PNG is interested in their employees and offers a comprehensive Wellness Program. It starts with the employee and allows us to take care of ourselves and that allows us to give to our families and to our workplace. PNG also provides us additional days off the job for participating in Wellness initiatives. It is a win-win situation for both the employee and the company. Each year this program continues to get better! I am excited for the changes we have to look forward to in 2011.

Cons

There is very little movement within the district I work, thus allowing hardly no opportunity for growth or promotion. The company supports continued education and once you reach your educational goal, that doesn't necessarily mean you will reap the benefits of one's hard work with a promotion. Because there is no job openings and hardling no new jobs created, you find yourself remaining in the same job as well as continuing to do the same job.

Continue with the program of removing those that compain and are not engaged with PNG's core values. Those with 30+ years of service are many times the ones that find it hard to change. I recognize their experience, but today our job duties and responsibilities have been realigned and no longer are the same so everyone is begining at square one. Gone are the days of loyalty to the employees. Just offer packages that will reward them well for their many years of dedicated service.

good place to work, better than most ,but is slowly going the wrong way!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas

Pros

money is fair and benifits are pretty good but again, these things are changing also. people trying to justify their jobs in corp.

Cons

just let the workers do what they are trained to do! always something is going on to upset the apple cart. change,change, change, maybe something needs to change at corp office!!! no one trust our leadership!!!

to many changes to fast! you about cant any work done because of the diffrent classes, programs, and all the changes that we are trying to get use too. Piedmont waste so much money on all the feels like GAMES that they play. i like it there but its a place of nonforgiveness. everyone is scare of what the next change is and it affects peoples lives!! people are tring to do the best job they can , but its in the back of everyones mind of just being let go over things that can be small issues! this is not the perfect world .