Pier 1 Imports

Pier 1 Imports Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Pier 1 Imports President, CEO, and Director Alex Smith

Alex Smith

Pros
  • The employee discount was the only thing good about the job(in 59 reviews)

• Most of the people are fun to work with, and extremely enthusiastic(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Pushing the Pier 1 credit card so hard can really drive you and the customers crazy(in 88 reviews)

• Management gives part-time employees 4 hour shifts( anything over 4 hour shifts requires a break)(in 31 reviews)

Loved it!

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Asheville, NC

ProsFun, kept me in shape because of the active type of work. Enjoyed it!

ConsNot much to complain about.

My job was both fun and challenging

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat discount, and laid back environment

ConsThe glitter can sometimes be a pain

This is where I go to relax

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love working at this place so much. I work with an amazing group of people who are mature (for the most part) really funny and helpful.
    I appreciate that the managers are very respectful, they are never condescending and they don't yell at you as if youre a child.
    I once accidentally told a customer wrong info, the manager waited for to finish and politely said "I think they might've been moved to another floor" instead of cutting me off an yelling at me in front of the customer

ConsSome employees who have been there for a while like to dictate and be a bit bossy.
    Also the hours suck sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what youre doing. Thank you for always visiting our store and being in touch. It shows you care about us.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pier 1 has been a fun experience building place

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsThere is a great sense of team working for pier 1. The store manager and sales leads are all on the same page, pleasant, helpful, and understanding. It takes a bit of time but after the learning curve it is simple to understand and execute what the company expects of you. You need people skills for this job and you need to be willing to walk up to customers even if they haven't asked for help

ConsThe hourly wage is average and doesn't really encourage me to stay. Hours can be limited in supply especially after the holiday season. This is a job that keeps you on your feet constantly. Because sales associates usually work 4 hour shifts you don't really get defined breaks, though it is acceptable to get a drink of water or use the restroom when needed. There is not a lot of room for growth due to the fact that there are really only sales associates, sales leaders, assistant manager and store manager. Wish there was commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward stores with good sales by giving employees higher wages

I love working at Pier 1. I have been there for 6 years and I see myself there for a very long time.

ProsI love the people that I work with and my customers.

ConsThere are no downsides in Pier 1!

it is a very ok job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Freeport, NY

Prosraises and nice people discounts

Consbad area bad customers rude sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementnothing good job

Awesome, and Fun!!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsPeople are friendly, managers are helpful, customers are sweet, managers help motivate the employees to perform well, everyone is honest

Conshave to try to sell the pier one instore rewards credit card, yes it feels like I am being incredibly annoying - but I expected to have to do this when applying for a retail job, and they asked how I felt about it in the interview.

A Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Aspinwall, PA

ProsI loved working for this company. It had great hours, very flexible scheduling, and awesome discounts. I definitely recommend it!

ConsThere's a higher standard for personal appearance. You've got to make sure that you look stylish; otherwise, you may not be accepted by the other employees.

Loved the atmosphere.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsIt was a great place to work for me. My store manager was very nice and upbeat, but she did expect a lot from us. Very positive though and a great experience for me.

ConsThere wasn't much I didn't like about Pier 1 Imports. The music soundtracks got old, but that was about it.

Best retailer to work for

Store Manager (Current Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsThey truly care about their employees, from the bottom up. GREAT benefits for Full time employees. They encourage feedback from the store level.

ConsTypical cons in retail.....SCHEDULE! (BUT they are much better than MANY retailers out there!)

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!