Pier 1 Imports Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

1. Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the atmosphere and peers. Loved the products I was selling. Loved helping others make decisions on decor and any other questions asked.

Cons

The drive was far for me. Occasionally rude customers. Many employees seemed to call in a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pier 1 spirit and team work. Focus on hiring more reliable people.

2. Assistant manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fast growth, lot of hours

Cons

Long hours bad management truck process

3. Great Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wall, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wall, NJ

Pros

Very accommodating to scheduling needs. The management was very well trained and the company rules ensured an enjoyable workplace.

Cons

Not a bad place to work in the slightest.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing

5. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

Pros

They work with your hours and they co workers are always fun to be around with, a lot if perks with tech companies like samsung. Great environment so far.

Cons

Late hours at our busy drive through store.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Upper management doesn't know it all.

6. Friendly coworkers and active atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and flexible work hours. You always have something to do and most customers are very kind and understanding. There is a lot of product knowledge to learn and you'll be amazed at how much you can remember about a certain item.

Cons

You may have to wake up incredibly early or stay up very late. The work can be labor intensive and your feet and back will hurt at some point. This is a retail job and you will deal with angry customers. There is a dress code so be prepared to buy appropriate clothing if you do not already own some.

Advice to Management

We have been having a lot of problems with our express request orders being canceled and the store not knowing/realizing the order had been canceled until the customer comes in to pick up or complain as to how long they have been waiting for their order.

7. sales associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

Pier 1 imports offers flexible schedule.

Cons

The pier management had many difficulties with the new system of ordering furniture.

8. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, but your overall experience as a sales associate highly depends on your team. Luckily, I had a great team at my store so it was a joy to come into work. The merchandise is always new and fun, plus the employee discount is a serious perk!

Cons

Difficult hours for seasonal store transitions. It's almost impossible to complete these changes without doing anything during store hours. As a result, store managers are borderline abused for how long they work overnight.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing nice and fun merchandise with the increased amount of competitors out there. Really value and try to offer incentives to stores with a strong performance, specifically, managers.

9. I love working here

Pros

Discount, friendly work environment, decent hours, fun.

Cons

Flex shifts, which means you may or may not work but will not be confirmed until 2 hours before scheduled.

10. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a variety of different skills, and most importantly you will always be surrounded by a great atmosphere!

Cons

I wish there would be a more eco-friendly way of doing the monthly sales tagging so that we can stop wasting so much paper.

Advice to Management

I love the management, but i wish that there would be a more positive twist on the daily chat in so that I would feel more motivated at the beginning of my shift.

11. Sales Lead

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Boise, ID

Pros

Pier 1 is a fun company to work for. The buyers find great products. The regional & store managers set goals and expectations that are reasonable. My store manager was the best!

Cons

They should come up with a better way to get rid of clearance merchandise. It would often clutter the floors of our store and make it look messy.

RSS Feed </> Embed