Pike Electric Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pike Electric Corporation Chairman, President, and CEO J. Eric Pike

J. Eric Pike

My experience was generally positive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven though Pike is a public corporation, it has the feel of a much smaller company. Senior management is accessible. Employees are regarded as individuals rather than faceless employees. There is a sincere effort to provide a safe workplace.

ConsWork-life balance is not always healthy. Large promotions are uncommon. You will understand your hours and opportunities for promotion when hired.

OK for the short term but I wouldn't want a career here

Business Systems Analyst/Administrator (Current Employee) Mount Airy, NC

ProsThe benefits offered are great and affordable.

ConsNo one ever seems to get a raise and the vacation time sucks. Management is really out of touch with what goes on in the company. People seem to be a commodity and are frequently treated as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what is going on in your comapny and simply make better decisions.

Outstanding People

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mount Airy, NC

ProsThe people that I work with at Pike in Financial Systems are very knowledgeable and are extremely nice and easy to deal with. I have not had a single conflict personally yet.

ConsThe direction can be a bit wonky at times. Decisions seem to sometimes be made without any idea of the impacts to current work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people! They know what is going on in the trenches.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can work at your own pace because management is oblivious to what is going on. The pay is pretty good. Work-life balance is pretty light, easy to do other things

ConsManagement is awful. Projects are always behind schedule and over budget. Hiring is extremely sporadic. Needs are not filled, but managers fudge projected work to justify hiring random positions.

Linemen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, room for advancement.

ConsAway from home often. Out in all kinds of weather.

Horrible

C Class Lineman (Current Employee)

ProsOnly pros are if you get to move up the pay is good, and travelling on storm is good money.

ConsEmployees haven't had a cost of living in 7 years, while they give every excuse wh. Oh y. Need to improve our safety, meet our goals. We met the safety goals and still no pay raise, meanwhile they are buying companies left and right and lining thier own pockets. As far as management goes, its who you know, or who your buddies with, not the best qualified. That goes on the lower levels as well. They have gone from giving bonuses for safety to firing if your not. Most employees are there because they can't find anything else. There is alot of tell you what you want to hear, and do something else. Its not about the employees anymore. Oh yeah, if they read this they would fire or write me up for this instead of improving anything if they found out who i was.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your priorities straight, without good employees you are nothing.

Very rewarding opportunity to work with great individuals

Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWell run orginization with top noch people

ConsLow pay with contractor mentality towards the ENTIRE business.

Professional

Construction Manager (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat place to work. Much concern with family life as well as propessional activities. Super management personnel.

ConsI found nothing to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not change a thing

Good place to start

Electrical Groundman (Current Employee) Clarksville, TN

ProsSteady work that could lead to an excelant careear.

ConsNo vacationthe first year. Never any sick time or paid time off for ANY reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hireing your friends!

Worked for Pike Electric Corporation? Contribute to the Community!