Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc.

www.pilotcat.com

Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

W Davis Pilot Jr

Pilot Catastrophe review

Property Adjuster (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLots of support, great atmosphere, good pay. I enjoyed getting about half the year off, but that varies by person.

ConsA little "clickish". Sometimes you have to deny people money and they then rate you, they should dismiss all denials that rate you very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know it's important to have employees that treat customers very well, but consider that those who get denied will take out their frustrations on the adjuster!

experienced, reliable, willing to go the dangerous mile

Independent Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

Prosthe travel and helping people

Constravel relationships, hard to be with kids

never again would sell my soul to pilot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosif you were just about homeless

Consif you had to sell roses on a street corner you would be better off

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue and you might get real adjusters

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It depends

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsIndependent Adjusters find that there are some good options at Pilot when there is work. The managers know what they are doing. There is training available at a fee.

ConsAs any catastrophe adjusting firm, there are times that there is no work. Only the best, or those with close ties, are the ones who continue to work. Be cautious if you consider working inside - some of the extra curricular activities could be an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo much to say. Adjusters have no promotions unless you step to a lead - not any more money in that really. Training opportunities that do not cost so much would be nice. Davis may be okay, but Curtis is out for himself. He feels people are expendable. That opinion, plus other situations could create issues for the company.

Great company, people,Tech Support,

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat company, great people, great technical Support.

ConsNone, Supervision is always helpful, and resourceful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great opportunity for a single person!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsGreat money, fast paced, demanding, personal interaction with customers, and ability to learn new skills.

ConsDuring a catastrophe long hours and days - can take a toll on personal life, but is well-compensated for.

Not a lot of upward mobility and therefore a cap on earning potential and raises.

Good people, Excellent pay. Good training.

Independent Adjuster (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsGreat Pay, travel, and good people. I got to go to New York two times, in just two years. Awesome.

ConsNot enough work to go around. Feast or Famine. There's a "good ole boy" system that's very difficult to breach.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think it could be run any better.

Great company, wonderful environment but definitely the "Good-Ole Boy" mentality.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsGreat pay, great benefits and wonderful people to work with. Awesome IT, HR & financial support as well as fantastic physical working conditions.

ConsUpward mobility is not easy unless your part of the "Boy's Club"...more often than not, the in-crowd will credit and move up/advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work hard as you always have, however you should really put blinders on the personal opinions you have for folks and focus more on their talent, ideas and potential contributions to make a good company, great.

Great Options for Independent Adjusters

Independent Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPlenty of help if you need it, technical support readily available, ongoing educational opportunities, checks come regularly, and the options for professional improvement are varied.

ConsStressful industry, communication between managers can be confusing at times. More positive feedback would be helpful for morale. Streamlining administrative duties would be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be a resource to the adjuster and review what adjusters do well as often as make corrections. Consistent messaging from management helpful.

Gave me the new knowledge to do the job in a professional manor.

Auto and Property Adjuster (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey are nation wide. I had the chance to work with wonderful people. And clients were always will to let me know if there was a problem. The happiness I was able to give to the insured was worth my long day at work.

ConsHaving to hear all of the heartache and sadness of the insured, who had lost everything to a hurricane or floods and winds.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Pilot Catastrophe Services, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!