Pima Medical Institute

Family Owned Technical School - Good benefits, overall a nice place to work

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Instructor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Pima Medical Institute part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and love the students!

Cons

Family owned so there are some issues with favoritism.

Let your instructors do what they do best and think about having them review management.

Been there 1 1/2 years - great career move - company genuinely works to do the right thing.

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong ethics, humble company that works hard to do right by students and employees

Cons

No company is perfect, so it has its challenges like anyone else

Jun 25, 2014Corp Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are so glad that you are enjoying PMI. We take great pride in our family values that support and enhance the lives of our students and employees.

Excellent Company with a Family Culture

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Instructor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As an instructor we are given the autonomy to design our lesson plans as we see fit with a lot of encouragement from everyone. Very upbeat, positive people at all levels.

Cons

Equipment access was a bit hit or miss but has gotten better.

Open up the ESOP to part time employees. There are quite a few of us and we do contribute to the success of the company.

Jun 25, 2014Corp Recruiter

Thank you for writing a review. I was very happy to read your positive feedback. With regards to the ESOP, the plan is open to part time employees. However, you must work at least 1000 hours ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Progressive company with a terrific customer-first, people-first attitude!

Current Employee - Campus Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Campus Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Pima is a company that provides outstanding opportunities for professionals with excellent people skills.
    2. Pima is a very rewarding place to work as the company fully supports its Mission Statement of improving lives by providing the best value in medical career education.
    3. Pima has outstanding upper management leadership that has family values, values of high integrity and values that provide excellence in service delivery.
    4. Pima has a great sense of teamwork with its intra service delivery between its employees at the Corporate level and the campuses.
    5. Pima is a company that allows you to "knock yourself out" with your passion! You can give all that you want!
    6. Pima has a very promising future with phenomenal metrics, an impressive rising financial picture and a strong demand for services offered.
    7. Pima provides a professional and productive and safe work environment. It is fun to work at Pima. I look forward to go to work every morning as soon as my feet hit the floor!

Cons

This is actually a good thing, but don't apply to Pima if you just want to put in your time. Everyone works hard and stays on task.

Some of the pay ranges could be somewhat higher, but there is an excellent retirement plan that more than makes the difference.

We are progressing extremely well and many great things are happening in Pima! Don't forget the special things that you give to employees that make the difference such as turkeys, gifted days, quarterly rewards and the people-first attitude. These are the things that employees really appreciate and they produce loyalty and dedication.

Be cautious of going down the road of micromanagement or stifling policies and procedures. Continue to allow employees to have the ability to be creative and have "elbow room" to do their thing. The product of this is passion, the best adrenalin you could possibly inject into your employees.

Jun 25, 2014Corp Recruiter

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. With regards to our family values, you are spot on. We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity and treat others ... More

Company owners are concerned about their employees and students and do a great job sharing the wealth.

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a Christian, family orientated business. Christian values are accepted and encouraged. Everyone who works there is not a Christian but the owners would be happy to have as many Christians as they could get employed in the company. This is worth a lot in this day and age! The kindness and concern the owners of the company have for all their people both students and employees as well as the community is so impressive it inspires loyalty and pride in those involved with them. This is rare in business today and this makes Pima stand head and shoulders above to rest!
    I think anyone would have a difficult time finding a company as good as this to invest their working life into.

Cons

Not more than any other business has. Just the daily struggle of trying to balance all the challenges of trying to keep all the people happy all the time. As a for profit school they must keep an eye on the bottom line or there would be no school.

It would be nice if all employees could take part in yearly department meetings to feel more connected and important in the processes of their departments. Overall the company is mostly management orientated. The company may benefit from giving the "little guy/workers in the trenches" a louder voice. Beneficial ideas can come from anyone.

I currently work for Pima Medical Institute.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the most amazing place to work. Dick Jr. is generous, caring, and unselfish. I'm proud to say I work for the PMI team and that is exactly what working here feels like......a TEAM!

Cons

There is nothing that needs to be changed.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Huge compassion and great family values in terms of what they are trying to accomplish. Yes, they are for profit, but most successful companies are. Wouldn't you want to get an education from a company that is successful? Mission statement says profit is only by-product of helping students succeed in quality education. Yes they realize students come first and they have natural passion for that. Your not around for 40+ years if you are not helping people and that's what they are good at.

Cons

No cons. All I need to do is visit one of the campuses and talk to the students to know we are changing peoples lives in a positive way. That is what is important to me and why I love my job.

Keep the compassion and spirit for helping others alive, always, thanks!

A Corporation with Family Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pima cares about its employees and their families.
    Large corporation with a small business culture.
    Student and employee diversity embraced.

Cons

Nothing that can't be addressed.

No advice. Thanks for listening. Glad that instruction, career placement & accreditation are are taken seriously.

Amazing! A for-profit school that takes its mission seriously.

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Accountant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Student-first: PMI is the epitome of none left behind in the education process (unless the individual chooses it).

ESOP: PMI rewards the efforts of their staff with an ESOP for employees to take ownership in their work and retirement.

Cons

Cons are consistent with most employers - it depends on the viewpoint of the individual.

Continued communication with all levels of staff, if not more frequently.

The best experience you could ever imagine is at Pima Medical Institute

Current Employee - Faculty  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Faculty in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pima Medical Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing staff, great atmosphere to work in, supportive leadership team, the place to be!

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the great work!!

Worked for Pima Medical Institute? Contribute to the Community!