Pine Belt Mental Health Resources

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerry Mayo

"It's NOT for everyone..."

Case Manager (Former Employee)
    Laurel, MS

ProsEven though there is not much room for advancement with this company, I enjoyed my co-workers and other staff I came in contact with. Also the insurance, paid time off, and community settings were a plus.

ConsAs with other mental health facilities, this was a very stressful job at times. However, if the staff received more support from management, it would be a lot better. In addition, there is no room for advancement, minimum pay, and large caseloads.

Advice to Senior ManagementFailure to communicate and setting unrealistic expectations ad goals does not lead to the road of success. Remember that your staff is under your direction and need your support, not criticism.

Work for this company only if you desperate

ProsThe desire to help and the clients who appreciate your efforts

ConsArrogant and aggressive supervisors, pitiful salary, no raise, impossible productivity expectations. If you don't meet productivity, you can not use your ETO. Felt threatened often when rules were introduced. No respect for employees from administrators. Everyone is dispensable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix salaries, respect Co-s and CM-s, they bring in the dough. Get some clients for yourself and meet your own expectations with them to see what you want from us. Invite everyone for your Christmas party, we deserve it!

Not good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsParticipant partly paid health insurance, local staff, being in community setting, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life insurance.

ConsMore paper work than time to get it done. Low pay, no overtime even when you work through lunch .Management is out of touch with reality. There is no structure and rules change and some divisions are left out of the loop but still reprimanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you make changes staff need training on how to do things, not 6 months after the fact. Rules need to be clear not ambiguous.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run for the hills, now!

Clinician (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers, experiential training, the clients.

ConsManagement, huge expectations from the get-go with little to no supervision or support.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent about expectations between offices and between employees of the same level. Encourage therapists to treat all clients equally and not focus on just medicaid. Management in the office is sub-par.

Rolercoaster

Community Service Support (Current Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsThe people I work with.

ConsCommunication between management and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll facilities should have the same rules and regulations. Changes should be known ahead of time and training should be done beforehand.

Terrible place to work

Case Manager (Current Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsThe clients are the reason you get up and go to work in the morning.

ConsManagement and Supervisors are terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet training so that you know what you are doing. Stop instructing people to milk medicaid for all their money for services that are not needed. Treat employees with respect and recognize that they are human beings just like you.

Worked for Pine Belt Mental Health Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pine Belt Mental Health Resources CEO Jerry Mayo. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Pine Belt Mental Health Resources employees.