Pine Belt Mental Health Resources

Profile Unclaimed

Pine Belt Mental Health Resources Reviews

1.3

Jerry Mayo

"It's NOT for everyone..."

Former Employee - Case Manager in Laurel, MS
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Laurel, MS

I worked at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Even though there is not much room for advancement with this company, I enjoyed my co-workers and other staff I came in contact with. Also the insurance, paid time off, and community settings were a plus.

Cons

As with other mental health facilities, this was a very stressful job at times. However, if the staff received more support from management, it would be a lot better. In addition, there is no room for advancement, minimum pay, and large caseloads.

Failure to communicate and setting unrealistic expectations ad goals does not lead to the road of success. Remember that your staff is under your direction and need your support, not criticism.

Work for this company only if you desperate

I have been working at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The desire to help and the clients who appreciate your efforts

Cons

Arrogant and aggressive supervisors, pitiful salary, no raise, impossible productivity expectations. If you don't meet productivity, you can not use your ETO. Felt threatened often when rules were introduced. No respect for employees from administrators. Everyone is dispensable.

Fix salaries, respect Co-s and CM-s, they bring in the dough. Get some clients for yourself and meet your own expectations with them to see what you want from us. Invite everyone for your Christmas party, we deserve it!

Not good company to work for.

I worked at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Participant partly paid health insurance, local staff, being in community setting, paid time off, paid holidays, company paid life insurance.

Cons

More paper work than time to get it done. Low pay, no overtime even when you work through lunch .Management is out of touch with reality. There is no structure and rules change and some divisions are left out of the loop but still reprimanded.

Before you make changes staff need training on how to do things, not 6 months after the fact. Rules need to be clear not ambiguous.

Run for the hills, now!

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, experiential training, the clients.

Cons

Management, huge expectations from the get-go with little to no supervision or support.

Be consistent about expectations between offices and between employees of the same level. Encourage therapists to treat all clients equally and not focus on just medicaid. Management in the office is sub-par.

Rolercoaster

Current Employee - Community Service Support in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Community Service Support in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with.

Cons

Communication between management and employees.

All facilities should have the same rules and regulations. Changes should be known ahead of time and training should be done beforehand.

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Case Manager in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Hattiesburg, MS

Pros

The clients are the reason you get up and go to work in the morning.

Cons

Management and Supervisors are terrible.

Get training so that you know what you are doing. Stop instructing people to milk medicaid for all their money for services that are not needed. Treat employees with respect and recognize that they are human beings just like you.