PineBridge Investments

Updated Jun 26, 2014

PineBridge Investments CEO David T. Jiang

David T. Jiang

Excellent firm

ProsExcellent firm and great to work

ConsI have no cons at this time

Have heard it is a good company

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Mount Juliet, TN

ProsGrowth and reaching my potential

Consmaybe learning the corporate structure

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lack of work-life balance, long hours and unhappy employees.

Performance Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGenerally the employees were down to earth and approachable. The benefits were ok, but could be better. Cost cutting has had an adverse effect.

ConsLack of leadership was always a constant challenge. The slave driving nature of the business at PineBridge created a very negative atmosphere. People sees me to be always looking for a way out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Management needs to reassess themselves and their weaknesses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for

Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have been with this company for 9 years and every year has been more rewarding than the last. I have had a wonderful team of professionals guide me and encourage me in my personal and professional development. The culture around the organization has changed for the positive and I would say the change has been driven by a management that really listens to and cares about their employees. There are really exciting opportunities to be had as a PineBridge employee.

ConsThere is a lot of work to do and there is never any downtime. But it is great to be part of a team that is working tirelessly towards growing PineBridge Investments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

PineBridge is a great employer!

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people and strong management team. PineBridge management has made great strides in turning things around and has done an excellent job developing the next generation of talent. Employees are collaborative and we are encouraged to share our ideas in order to continuously improve and create new efficiencies. I am proud to be part of the PineBridge team.

ConsThere is work to be done in improving work-life balance. PineBridge has made significant progress in this area and is moving in the right direction.

Eliminating the negative

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible work schedules, visible/approachable senior management team, great people, opportunities for growth and development, hard work does not go unnoticed and collaborative work environment.

Cons- Internal politics slow down the decision making process
    - Some of senior management's direct reports are not timely in communicating important information/changes with their teams
    - Certain teams do not consider project deadlines and consistently deliver content at the 11th hour (there are no enforced consequences for missing deadlines)

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement anonymous 360 review process!

Great firm, great people...

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI truly enjoy coming to work every day and interacting with some of the best and brightest in the business. Although we work hard, we have fun along the way. It's unique to be in an environment where employees are recognized for their contributions and senior management listens to employees at all levels about how to make this the best place to work.

ConsLots of work to do, but it keeps it challenging!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue promoting open communication throughout the firm.

This company has no idea what it is

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can make a lot of money for a long time without actually making any money for the company. The legacy insurance company culture (PB used to be AIG Investments) is very undemanding. The Park Ave location is nice, especially if you get a window office. Free soda, for some reason.

ConsThe company is losing AUM and doesn't really make money, so it's hard to increase your comp. This is a sleepy insurance asset manager that is losing its insurance assets and has no idea how to raise third-party money. It won't end well, and when it gets rolled up the company will probably be run out of Hong Kong.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out ALL the legacy AIG leadership. When the CEO and senior management team were fired their long-time lieutenants remained in leadership positions, which just isn't working. Figure out what owner Richard Li wants PB to be, and be honest with him about whether or not that is possible. The current strategy seems like a long-shot.

Hopeful company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood attitude among staff, friendly environment.

ConsSketchy management styles - people in roles they're not qualified for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore engagement

Getting a lot better...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood group of people. Great work/life balance. Looks like senior management cares.

ConsA lot of managers don't know how to manage or communicate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMandatory management training for managers please! Share critical information with everybody. Some managers filter or adjust the message by the time it reaches those that rely on it to accomplish their work!

Worked for PineBridge Investments? Contribute to the Community!