Pinehurst Resort

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert H. Dedman Jr.

Solid part time position

Lawn and Maintenance (Former Employee)
Pinehurst, NC

I worked at Pinehurst Resort part-time for less than a year

ProsA great icon of the culture in the area. Very nice place to work with very well mannered people.

ConsThe only true con for this position was that it was a part time job that didn't last long as I was between school years at the time.

Great place to work

I have been working at Pinehurst Resort

ProsThe executives are great and are available to employees. The managers are fair. The employees are work together great and it is truly like a family. Opportunity to advance is great for some and bad for others. It is more about who you know at times.

ConsSome managers are not very understanding of family time and personal time. Advancement should be available for everyone regardless or color. The policy of the resort should be the same for all departments and not vary based on the mood of your manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and meet your employees. Your door is always open but you need to be more visible and available. Make Pinehurst more diverse and honor the equal opportunity that should be available to all EP's

Potential to make a lot of money in F&B but management treats employees like trash!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pinehurst Resort full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI made a ton of money working there. The benefits were pretty good especially if you like you to play golf. I met some of my best friends there and the hotel is a beautiful place to work at.

ConsManagement there treats you like a number not a human. Their philosophy is "what have you done for me today" not all you have put into the company. I know many employees that worked there 10 to 20 years and were fired over nothing. They will fire you in a heartbeat just to replace you with a younger version. They fired me when I was pregnant for something that I had no control over. They will work you to death and get rid of you without a thought or concern

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way you would want to be treated.

It was a great starter job.

Steward (Former Employee)
Pinehurst, NC

I worked at Pinehurst Resort full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People
Upper Management that did seem to care
Great Learning Experience

ConsSalary to Work Ratio is unfair
Nearly impossible to advance in your career
Its one of those dead-end jobs

Worked for Pinehurst Resort? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pinehurst Resort reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pinehurst Resort CEO Robert H. Dedman Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Pinehurst Resort employees.