Pinehurst Resort

Add Photos

Robert H. Dedman Jr.

Housekeeping

Houseperson (Former Employee) Pinehurst, NC

ProsNot too much!! As a employee, you'll get discounts on food, hotel rooms, and golfing. Health benefits are average at best. Hotel Guest sometimes tip you if he/she likes what you're doing.

Cons* Housekeeping staff are definitely overworked and underpaid; poor work/life balance; and they'll make you work a 6 day work schedule when the resort gets into their busy season.

* Discovered way too much favoritism toward certain employees within the department.

* Management Staff in the department don't care about their employees working for them. All they care about is numbers. Then every time a staff member go see one of the managers about a problem regarding other individuals or something, they act like they're listening to you. But at the same, they're not buying into it. They'll sweep your concerns right under the rug like it's nothing.

* Low Morale--high staff turnover rate along with multiple staff call-outs.

* Low pay--You are getting paid minimum wage. There If you call-out, be late, or not show up for work, you'll lose $1 per hour extra for that week.

Advice to Senior Management"DO WHAT'S RIGHT"; PLEASE!! Y'ALL NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES RIGHT, OR ELSE THEY'LL WALK OUT AND QUIT ON YOU...JUST PLAIN SIMPLE.

Racist, sexist, money hungry managers

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe pros are meeting friendly, interesting ppl from all over

ConsThey automatically take 20% of everyone's vacation time yearly while management receives bonuses annually. If you're white...you're advancing period. Department Heads only have High School Education.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity, Equal Opportunity, get managers that have more than High School Diploma.

Banquet Staff

ProsThe pay is pretty good to keep your head above water

ConsThere isn't a set time to get off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potential to make a lot of money in F&B but management treats employees like trash!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI made a ton of money working there. The benefits were pretty good especially if you like you to play golf. I met some of my best friends there and the hotel is a beautiful place to work at.

ConsManagement there treats you like a number not a human. Their philosophy is "what have you done for me today" not all you have put into the company. I know many employees that worked there 10 to 20 years and were fired over nothing. They will fire you in a heartbeat just to replace you with a younger version. They fired me when I was pregnant for something that I had no control over. They will work you to death and get rid of you without a thought or concern

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way you would want to be treated.

It was a great starter job.

Steward (Former Employee) Pinehurst, NC

ProsGreat People
    Upper Management that did seem to care
    Great Learning Experience

ConsSalary to Work Ratio is unfair
    Nearly impossible to advance in your career
    Its one of those dead-end jobs

Solid part time position

Lawn and Maintenance (Former Employee) Pinehurst, NC

ProsA great icon of the culture in the area. Very nice place to work with very well mannered people.

ConsThe only true con for this position was that it was a part time job that didn't last long as I was between school years at the time.

Great place to work

ProsThe executives are great and are available to employees. The managers are fair. The employees are work together great and it is truly like a family. Opportunity to advance is great for some and bad for others. It is more about who you know at times.

ConsSome managers are not very understanding of family time and personal time. Advancement should be available for everyone regardless or color. The policy of the resort should be the same for all departments and not vary based on the mood of your manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and meet your employees. Your door is always open but you need to be more visible and available. Make Pinehurst more diverse and honor the equal opportunity that should be available to all EP's

Worked for Pinehurst Resort? Contribute to the Community!