Ping Identity

Updated November 6, 2014
3.6

Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand
Andre Durand

Currently experiencing growing pains but Ping is destined for great things- in it for the long haul.

Current Employee - G&A in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - G&A in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity for career advancement, visibility to executives, and appreciation of employees is outstanding. The things I've been able to experience so early in my career simply by just raising my hand has been unparalleled. Our great culture starts and ends with Andre- his passion for Ping and every employee, along with his ability to cascade his message downward is the reason I will be at Ping for the long haul. I've also never worked with such a great group of employees- there is such unbelievable talent in every department and every role here at Ping.

Cons

Ping has experienced an unusual amount of change over the last year or so- some of which has been very difficult and hasn't been managed or communicated in the right way. The changes at the executive level have changed the vibe of Ping but I can see the need for it. Ping is growing up- a good thing but not always fun or easy.

Executives need to continue to find the balance between performing but keeping our culture in tact. My suggestion for execs is to improve communication from the top all the way to the bottom- you can never over-communicate.

Frustrating experience

Former Employee - RSA
    Former Employee - RSA

I worked at Ping Identity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits and pay were very competitive

Cons

Lousy on-boarding process, felt a little cultish.

Once promising company now rapidly imploding. In constant catch up mode to competitors.

I have been working at Ping Identity (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best of breed enterprise product with excellent technical teams to support customers. Prestigious customer list. Nice downtown location. Some really good people trying to make the company successful.

Cons

Arrogant senior management that values empty "big thinkers" and executive ego strokers over job competency and execution. Dysfunctional level of distrust between departments leads to an inability to stay focused on any initiatives. Too many incompetent people held key roles for way too long resulting in weakening market position and sales opportunities.

Your insularity and arrogance is ruining the company. Take a hard look at yourselves and how the company is performing under your leadership. It is really sad to see what has become of Ping over the past several years.

Contractor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Ping Identity as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The technical teams are very professional and effective. They have their own style of agile operations but they get the job done.

Cons

They have some internal issues with direction and market capture but seem to be growing.

Sort out your direction and focus like a laser.

Floundering

I have been working at Ping Identity

Pros

Great people with great intentions.

Cons

Leadership is terrible. Tons of transition and zero ability to react to competitive threats.

Passionate Company in an Exploding Market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Andre (CEO) really cares about the people
    - Good perks
    - Awesome product in a great market
    - Smart people, great culture

Cons

- Lots of transition but that's to be expected as Ping moves away from being a start up company
    - Leadership must be proactive and not reactive as things change
    - Need to break down silos

- Don't get too "corporate" -- balance the growth with the culture

Great Company, Hot Market

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ping has created a world class product over the last 11 years and continues to innovate on the platform. Ping is deployed in 60 of the Fortune 100 and is certainly viewed in the enterprise space as a best of breed technology. Culture is good in the Denver HQ with lots of young energy and passion for growing the company. Andre Durand is a true visionary!

Cons

Only real challenges are the continuous changes that are common with a growth company. Simplifying the marketing message is something that also needs to be changed and upgraded.

It was great for the 52 days I was there...

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Ping Identity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good products, solid customer base.

Cons

Screwy sales comp plan, (to me) management seemed insular. How could they not foresee the need for a massive reduction in force 2 months out? I quit a very good job to join here in May only to be canned in July. Not even enough time to make enemies or not make my quota.

Not sure I have any. I wasn't here long enough to really get to know any of them.

Off the rails

Former Employee - GCS in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - GCS in Waltham, MA

I worked at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

Locations are ok. Denver office looks cool, but it's not necessarily a great place to get work done. The passion and commitment had been the company's strongest asset, but it's gone toxic.
    Very strong development team

Cons

The company kept bad managers on staff way too long
    Poor collaboration across groups was basically institutionalized
    LIke so many companies, risk taking was encouraged, but failure punished

Not sure what went wrong, but the wheels came off the bus so quick I didn't know what was happening.
    Learn how to fire people with dignity -- not over the phone, not by proxy. Face-to-face like an adult.

Rapidly growing company with a great product, in a market that is on fire. Great HR perks.

I worked at Ping Identity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent product and reputation in the industry. Growing quickly and likely to meet IPO goals. They hire talented young professionals and provide excellent productivity tools. Visionary company in the Identity Security space.

Cons

Very political for a small company. The drinking and partying atmosphere may not be right for everyone. Not the place to be if you are over 40 or female - you'll see very few peers and even fewer who are advancing. Little to no career development and senior management has minimal experience at an executive level.

Listen more than you talk and judge.