Ping Identity

Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand

Andre Durand

Fantastic place to work.

I have been working at Ping Identity for more than 5 years

ProsI've worked in at a bunch of startups and Ping Identity is right up there with the best. The company has been changing at a very high rate over the past year in prep for their IPO run, but I view this as a great move. There's a lot of opportunity for people to grow here, in a great culture and atmosphere that strives for excellence while remaining balanced. The office culture is much more "family" than "coworkers." 6 tap kegerator.

ConsChange isn't easy for everyone, and can be disruptive for some people who have worked here for a long time. No good coffee machine in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is good!

Rapidly growing company with a great product, in a market that is on fire. Great HR perks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ping Identity full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent product and reputation in the industry. Growing quickly and likely to meet IPO goals. They hire talented young professionals and provide excellent productivity tools. Visionary company in the Identity Security space.

ConsVery political for a small company. The drinking and partying atmosphere may not be right for everyone. Not the place to be if you are over 40 or female - you'll see very few peers and even fewer who are advancing. Little to no career development and senior management has minimal experience at an executive level.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more than you talk and judge.

Great place to start your career and gain experience if you're self-motivated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ping Identity full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company culture can't be beat from a social standpoint. The pace is fast but there's real work/life balance as long as you can keep up. There's a lot of opportunity to learn and wear multiple hats. The people are passionate about their product from the C-level all the way down to the assistant. The company has a great reputation in the community.

ConsConstant change. Lack of clear direction. Not much in the way of structured mentorship/coaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team.

Great culture, product & people

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid product, rave reviews from customers for product and support. Transparent communication and trust culture

ConsGrowth pains associated with scaling the organization and portfolio.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your transparency and trust.

One Year at Ping Identity; Why did I ever work anywhere else.

Configuration Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for more than a year

ProsEvery day I feel lucky to work in a challenging and supportive environment with some of the smartest and most talented people anywhere. Ping sets the bar high and the result is the best workplace I've ever encountered. Why? Because the employees have a deep love for what they do every day.

ConsThe pace of change accelerates along with the growth we are experiencing. Personally, I love it, but I don't think it's for everyone and is worth mentioning as a 'Con'.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and let's continue to share the passion with all our customers and and employees.

Misguided

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat product that repeatedly wins against competing products in the market space

ConsHighly mismanaged company... it is basically a popularity contest. Often you will hear about the Ping culture, but it is a falsehood. If you are not a Director or above you not be listened to and will be marginalized. Beware of the bully's as there are quite a few of them.

Incredible.

Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for less than a year

Pros-Culture
-CEO cares about people
-Work/life balance
-FUN
-Engaging work

ConsI honestly can't think of any.

Best Company I Have Worked For

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time

ProsPing is so great about work/life balance. I never have to worry about taking time off to go to a school play or kids doctor appointment. If my kids are sick, it's no problem to work from home. That was one of the main reasons I came to work here, along with the fact that Ping truly cares about employees' happiness. The work environment is one that promotes fun, creativity and has a strong team feel. People actually like coming to work every day. On top of it all, the product is fabulous and I feel like this company is truly the leader in cloud identity security.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about working at Ping. I feel like I made a great choice in coming to work here.

Best company I've worked for so far

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCEO is great. Software we develop fills a true need in the marketplace.

Conswork environments might be noisy

Pinger for the long haul

Partner Success Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible work schedule, great benefits, fabulous work environment, caring managers, ability to move up/to new roles, great collection of people to work with, integrity of product and management. True focus on growing internal employees before hiring from outside.

ConsI have very little to say for a con. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Ping. Being a startup the nature of business is to work very, very hard. The environment they have built makes this seem much less like work however.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! And keep working to maintain the small company feel as we grow. Our ability to be nimble is one of our greatest assets.

Worked for Ping Identity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ping Identity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Ping Identity employees.