Pinkberry

www.pinkberry.com

Pinkberry Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Ron Graves

Pros
  • I really enjoyed Pinkberry, as the work environment is generally quite peaceful(in 6 reviews)

• A lot of training created good customer service, friendly customers in my location, manager was very understanding(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance, you are practically an on call doctor minus the pay for being disturb when not working(in 3 reviews)

• Constant worry about labor costs causes employees to get sent home early, and then managers complain about how you have bad availability(in 3 reviews)

Average Job

Team Member (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEasy hours for students who need the extra money

ConsLot's of work and have high tolerance for customers

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training

My experience with Pinkberry was wonderful!!!

Shift Lead (Former Employee) Brentwood, CA

ProsCustomer Service Training, Management Training.

ConsYogurt is way too addictive!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked for this company as a shift manager at two separate stores in CA throughout college. My experience with this company taught me a ton about management, customer service training, recruiting, and hiring. Great for any college-age person!

Working at Pinkberry is great if your looking for a part-time job, just don't make it into a career.

Shift Lead (Current Employee) Studio City, CA

ProsGreat Work EXPERiENCE!, Opportunities for growth, Free shift meal, Very easy job as a supervisor and team member.

ConsDepending where your store is customers can be very picky and rude with there yogurt. I worked at both the beverly center and studio city Pinkberry and i hated the customers at beverly center. I customers at studio city are great though!

After a while this job become a routine, as if you were working at a factory, so i wouldn't advise you to stay too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might get a bad manager or you might get a good one, it all depends on your luck. Same as every job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was just a job

Prosfree yogurt, lots of tips

ConsVERY VERY BUSY, immature coworkers, treated like replaceable

pinkberry

General Manager (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Prosjob advancement up to GM level

ConsLack of communication and organization

Abnosome

Team Member (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people to meet
    Free Yogurt
    Good skills to learn
    Good Co-Workers

ConsNot enough hours
    The rush can get overwhelming at times if there aren't many team members

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more hours

Shift Lead

Shift Lead (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun work environment. Diverse cultures.

ConsLate hours. Shady Management. Revolving door of employees

A Positive Place for Positive People

Team Member (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe NYC branch of this company works very hard to hire people who work together, and values a work environment that believes in a positive work & customer experience. I was drawn to the company, and support it despite its drawbacks, because it is a place in the big city where you can get small-town respect and an emphasis on happiness non-existent outside its doors.

The company gives 50-cent raises every six months if you pass your evaluation.

The company really supports upward mobility, though you do have to go after it yourself. No matter what position you start in, if you work hard and are competent, managers will help you climb the ranks.

Managers know you need a work/life balance and accommodate that well.

You can get hired on the spot through the company's "auditions" every week, or at an individual store, the typical way. The former allows for you to be sourced to many different locations--this can be good or bad.

You are able to pick up shifts at other stores if you would like.

Delivery persons make really good money in this city.

You can do delivery and work behind the counter, which I do, which offers a little extra income and variability from the norm.

The shifts are about 6 hours, though sometimes you can be there for 10 if it's slammed. This can be a pro or a con, depending on if you're trying to make a living at it. That I'm aware of, there is currently no health insurance offered, despite the low-level staff being entirely part-time.

ConsSome of the stores are very small, or have supply areas far from the counter, so they can be frustrating to work in, in that regard.

Some of the stores get very hot in the back.

The teams vary by store, so find one where you jive with the people.

The company's management will shift workers around from store to store without their say. That's quite annoying.

Some of the company's upper management is infuriatingly chicken-with-its-head-cutt-off. I spent six weeks trying to get an incorrect check fixed. They act as if they think you have all the time in the world.

The company asks for the highest in customer service skills, but doesn't pay you accordingly. (Other stores in my area, non-food-service, pay $2/hour more to start.)

I wouldn't refer this job to my worst enemy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe product is unparrallel, the best frozen yogurt undisputed. Great flavor profiles...they appreciate all customer feedback. Service model believes in customers first connection.

ConsWas forced to do catering using my own car! I still have dents and scratches from the cam chillers. Poor leadership from senior leadership. They seemed to display an us verse them mentality, they were condescending. Lacked critictal leadership to carry out the vision of the company. There was no structure when it came to day to day operations. Had archaic resources to get managerial things done. The company seemed to have a revolving door when it came to the longetivity of its employees. I am actually shocked that there are law suits pending for meal break violations and working off the clock and safety and security for being alone in the store at any given time. There is no work life balance, you are practically an on call doctor minus the pay for being disturb when not working.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should do hire all new senior managment and support staff or else the company will continue to spiral. People on the inside know that this is true.

Good first step, bad management.

Certified Trainer (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsPay, flexible schedule, fun experience, easy, introduces employees to valuable communication skills, and plenty of room to grow in company.

ConsBad management, favorism, among other upper level deficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just hire anyone. Be more selective in the hiring process and give the same opportunities to everyone.

Worked for Pinkberry? Contribute to the Community!