Pinkberry Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
100 reviews filtered by

1. Has positive moments. Mostly awful.

I have been working at Pinkberry

Pros

Get paid
    One free meal

Cons

Poor management
    Poor staff
    Poor customers
    Poor store attitude
    Fighting between staff

Advice to Management

Hire someone other than 16 year old girls and something might get done.

2. The people make the atmosphere.

Former Employee - Team Member in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Davis, CA

I worked at Pinkberry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are truly what make the job amazing. My coworkers quickly turned into my friends, and the customers are always so awesome to meet. The yogurt is delicious, and I love that the flavors are not artificial, but actually come from what you'd hope that they would. I love that the work is relatively easy and straightforward, and that I have learned many different sides of the store (cash register, food prep, customer service, etc.)

Cons

I really wish the store would have organic and non-GMO foods. We have organic gummy bears, which is great! But I really hope that Pinkberry will soon switch over to more organic options, as it's much healthier and I have had people leave when they hear we do not have organic.

The pay is very low, and the people are what kept me around for so long.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and consider bringing in healthier options (organic, non-GMO, etc.) This will definitely appeal to a larger variety of people in my area.

3. This was a great first job.

Former Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL

I worked at Pinkberry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you very well, so you are never lost and confused.

Cons

Very cheap, minimal pay raises.

5. "Easy First Job"

Current Employee - Team Member in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Pinkberry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun coworker, super flexible work schedule, and above average pay. It was fun working with the customers, trying to be more like a bar tender than a yogurt server. The yogurt are pretty good and depending on work situation, you can get a lot of tips.

Cons

Sometime can get super slow or fast-paced depending on season. The cleaning up are tedious and there are many things to do after closing. Promotion is more depend on availability, if you have time, they will promote you to shift lead.

6. Easy First Job

Former Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Team Member in Washington, DC

I worked at Pinkberry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, shift meals, nice people, fun/relaxed environment

Cons

Low pay, constantly cleaning the store, insane rushes, costumers get mad easily, management was poor, long hours, free wifi=everyone uses the wifi and then our cash registers don't work.

Advice to Management

Some of the products were not well thought out. Costumers were very confused with the layout of the store and menu.

7. hmm

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Pinkberry part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

deliveries were slow on certain days being that it became slow

Cons

the tips were bigger than the managers paycheck

Advice to Management

step up the the plate and be seen as a leader

8. Bipolar.

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Pinkberry

Pros

The staff you work with becomes almost like you're family in my experience. Most shift leads are far more sympathetic and understanding than your GM. Odds are the SLs were in your position at some point whether at pinkberry or any other food establishment so they know how you feel. Yogurt is good. Catering is awesome if you ever get the chance to do it.depending on your location some if not all the customers you get are really nice and cool. And if you talk to them the correct way they'll respond the correct way.

Cons

I don't know about any other state but in NYC it really depends on where you are. Some places are more understanding than others based on the schedules you provide. I've seen store managers get team member schedules and work around it and some managers who only care about the business that they don't pay attention and give you whatever they give you and expect you to be OK with it. As previously stated it depends on location. Obviously we live in NYC so in the winter you barely get hours. They watch out more for their shiftleads than team members at this time. That's why a lot of them leave or if you really love it that much you find a second job. Speaking of shiftleads, they come and go like the seasons.you were to think that if they watch out for them in the winter they're safe from anything, wrong. Other places pay shifts at least $3 more than what they pay at pinkberry and with benefits (team members know this now you get about $8.45 with no benefits) I've seen really good shift leads get fired for the dumbest stuff and they value the lazy (open availability)stealing, leaving the store alone and vouching for them leads. Yeah some get fired. To get rehired again. They don't value the hard working ones in fact they tired them out the most to the point of quitting or getting fired for dumb things. Anyone above the general manager are really shady. One moment you think you're good the next its the chopping block "of with your head " kind of context.you never get a straight up answer and they're cowards sending other people to do their dirty work. (If you're going to fire someone or close a store do it yourself) If something is wrong with your check you better just remind them everyday if not you won't get your money. Depending on the store and who you work with if you really would like to move up it is possible. Some will work with you. Others will just merely take a good look at you and lie to you and tell you they'll work with you and then give the job to someone else ( perhaps a pretty girl that you and your coworkers know is probably flirting with your boss to promote herself or a guy who with no questions ask does everything and anything for your boss and acts like he's your boss too)

Honesty is the best policy in my book so here it is.

Advice to Management

Stop being shady. Don't let others do your job because it is your job to do xyz.
    If someone is getting fired because you want them fired. Fire them yourself. Or if a store is closing down show up and let your employees know what is going on.
    Stop promoting and hiring people just by their looks or because they are friends with you.
    Listen to your shift leads because odds are they're there way more times than the GMs.
    Value them too. Ive seen so many of them get harrassed on for things that odds are their bosses did.

Team members need love too! Give their raises on time. Its a six month thing so on that sixth month evaluate them. Don't make them wait a year+

9. Shift lead

I have been working at Pinkberry

Pros

Easy going, fun, getting tips.

Cons

I dont find Pinkberry challenging..but during the winters hours get cut.

10. Wonderful job for college/ high school students!

I have been working at Pinkberry

Pros

The friends I have made while working here are amazing. It's a very easy job when done right and very rewarding. As a shift leader, I have gained pretty good manager experience and the position has taught me to be a better leader. Definitely a good start!

Cons

The only complaint I have for this job is the hours and being severely understaffed. We are open until 11pm. I love closing shifts however it's very hard to work almost 40hrs a week and closing that late and having to go to class at 8 the next morning.

11. It's a pretty fun job

Current Employee - Goodness Guide
    Current Employee - Goodness Guide

I have been working at Pinkberry (More than a year)

Pros

Meet lots of new people, easy going job

Cons

Strict rules and continuous training, odd hours, can be boring

Pinkberry Photos