Pinnacle Airlines
www.pncl.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Pinnacle Airlines Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014
Pinnacle Airlines – US – “ramp rainbow”

Ryan Gumm

Pros:
  • "You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Travel benefits thru Delta, that's it"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "lack of training, on line self study ,no time for OJT, lack of computers,"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Flight attendants and a first officer with any family qualify for food stamps, it is very shameful"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Please don't accept this job.

Flight Attendant (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsFree travel, if you're even able to make the cut on the standby list because you have such low seniority.

ConsIf I could give zero stars, I would.

You'll be treated poorly and the pay is borderline illegal. You'll get paid $1.65 an hour unless you are literally on the plane with the doors closed. You'll sit an 8 hour shift at the airport, and you'll only get paid for 4 ($6.60 for an entire days work? I wish it were a joke).

If a company treats me well, I can handle bad pay. But crew scheduling and management do not care about you. It's no surprise that they can't retain employees. Over half my training class quit within 3 months.

I had many planes that had cabins held together with duct tape and had entire seats unsafe to be used. Incredibly safe.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go under soon.

Pinnacle Airlines, the downward spiral of what once was a decent company.

Memphis, TN

ProsIt's an airline. You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect.

ConsTotal mismanagement. No real concern for the employees. Morale is extremely low. I would never suggest this company to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit lying to employees. Involve employees in your decision making processes to get their perspectives and input on things that effect their jobs and lives.

Do not come to pinnacle, poorly run

Captain (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsTravel benefits thru Delta, that's it

ConsWorking for this company and taking a 30% pay cut last week

Advice to Senior ManagementStart managing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a job. Could be treated better by the company.

Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexibility of schedule w/ high seniority. Raises every year. They want you to pass Annual Training-- they are making it less intimidating, however, more thorough. The management in Detroit.

ConsContract and Pay does not compete w/ other airlines.

Advice to Senior Management.... bring us in the office for the hard work we do sometimes... not just for something wrong.

Great at first, down hill fast.

ProsAll the pros for the company are gone now. Bankrupcy destroyed company, took away all good benefits, including flight benefits. If your just statrting your airline career. it would be ok for a little while. But Move on fast.

ConsThe CEO replaced all managment with his buddies.His buddies dont have clue how to run a large airline, lucky for them it will soon be a small airline. The airline will not grow as it did due to being tied with only one airline.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe New CEO will need to act quickly and replace buddies with people who know what there doing and can follow a procedure.

This Place Made Me Miss Colgan

Flight Attendant/Aircraft Dispatcher (Current Employee)

ProsMy paycheck usually cleared on time; having a job in a negative environment was better than not having a job at all.

ConsMy biggest complaint stems around the extremely negative atmosphere at the airline. Anytime one walks into a crew room or the SOC the complaining is constant - it's heard everywhere. Unfortunately, most of the complaints are valid. Coworkers can commiserate, but ultimately can't seem to work together on the same team. Pilots complain about line maintenance, dispatchers complain about pilots, flight attendants complain about scheduling ... and EVERYONE complains about management - which is a valid complaint. When Pinnacle snatched up Colgan and Mesaba things got worse...I never thought I'd see the day that I missed Colgan, but from the minute I was transferred to the Pinnacle side of the operation I begged to go back to good old 9L.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together - don't turn your back on your pilots/flight attendants/dispatchers/maintenance workers who are the backbone of your company. You couldn't do it without them.

Great coworkers, everything with mgmt and corporate is a giant mess with nobody being accountable.

Memphis, TN

ProsAmazing crewmembers and use to have great benefits including health insurance but that's all going away with the new TAs

ConsYou can't get any answers from corporate regarding leaves, pay mistakes, schedule errors, etc... I spend my entire leave trying to get the things I needed and had questions of how it worked and nobody could answer them and didn't know who I could talk too. We (crew) are people too and should be treated with respect. Crew scheduling went through a phase of constantly lying and hanging up on us. Per our contract I'm required to talk to you and you made the mistake so don't hang up on me!

Advice to Senior ManagementBase mgmt is drowning, hopefully the recent changes help, crew scheduling has improved (thank you!) but we are living in poverty so please consider this as your cutting insurance, crew pay, vacation and holiday pay, those who did the job for the love of it are being forced to quit and your going to be stuck with employees who can't get any better and will cause the company to continue to go under as they have no passion and respect.

Once was a family....

Memphis, TN

ProsIn 2004 we were a family that took pride in our company. I looked forward to going to work to see my friends. I took pride in our company by putting on my uniform and getting people where they needed to go.

ConsFamily has been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Love has been replaced by distrust. Faithful employees have lost their fire for the job and for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the employees - we are the company. Take your greed and hatefulness some other place . What we the employees of Pinnacle want is our company back. If you take care of the people we will take care of the customers. The customers will take of us. People. Service. Profit.

While the opportunity to be an airline pilot is incredible, Pinnacle treats its employees horribly.

First Officer (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsFlying airliners is fun, especially CRJ900s (which will be Pinnacle Airline's only fleet in about 1-2 years based on its new air service agreement with Delta). There is the opportunity to build hours of experience, to be able to move on to other airlines if they hire. Flight benefits are great for those that love to travel. I wish I could be more positive, I really would like to be, but there just isn't enough there to be positive.

ConsPinnacle Airlines is a very punitive company that treats its professional employees as if they were badly behaved primary students. There is also little movement. Becoming a Captain as a pilot is the best way to gain the experience to move on, but after half a decade, most pilots are still First Officers, and many are still on reserve. With the planned shrinking of the fleet, this will get worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers throughout the company with masters degrees in aviation operations management, listen to what they have to say, and manage the airline properly. Additionally, treat the professional employees within the airline as professionals that are vital to success and safety, not as small children.

a step in the right direction for some experieance

Detroit, MI

Prosgreat people to work with, and the flying benefits

Consis just a regional company

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement are great

Worked for Pinnacle Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pinnacle Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pinnacle Airlines CEO Ryan Gumm. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Pinnacle Airlines employees.