Pinnacle Airlines Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Ryan Gumm

Pros
  • Other than management, the flight crews are alot of fun (in 2 reviews)

• great people to work with, and the flying benefits (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of training and recurrent training (in 4 reviews)

• Flight benefits are many times worthless (in 5 reviews)

1. Great

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So fun I loved it

Cons

Just wish they would have got comfortable with knowing my way around the airport before flying me to JFK but it was still great!

2. Low Morale throughout the company

Former Employee - Pilot - First Officer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Pilot - First Officer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aviation is a great area to work in.

Cons

Lousy domiciles, poor morale, disorganized

Advice to Management

Connect with your employees.

3. Regional Airline for stepping stone

Current Employee - Pilot - First Officer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Pilot - First Officer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to have quick upgrade times

Cons

Pay was really bad, now more competitive. If you on reserve you have no life.

I enjoy working there. Sure the paycut sucked but I enjoy the people and nature of the business.

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, ok, 3 out of 5 coworkers are fun if you can take and give in the joke department. We are mechanics....high strung, highly rude mouthed but get the job done kind of people. I work on aircraft. Aircraft people trust to go 35,000 feet in the air and not break apart. Everyday is a learning experience no matter how long you've been in the field.

Cons

Recently took a paycut and had a hike in the health insurance department. Not for the faint of heart. Only thing worse would've been if the company didn't pull through bankruptcy and we ended up out of a job.

Advice to Management

Spread the experience and "know how" out amongst all shifts and do not just stick the veterans on day shift early in the week. Pay the veterans a bonus to entice them to go to 2nd, 3rd shift or the end of the week.

Please don't accept this job.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free travel, if you're even able to make the cut on the standby list because you have such low seniority.

Cons

If I could give zero stars, I would. You'll be treated poorly and the pay is borderline illegal. You'll get paid $1.65 an hour unless you are literally on the plane with the doors closed. You'll sit an 8 hour shift at the airport, and you'll only get paid for 4 ($6.60 for an entire days work? I wish it were a joke). If a company treats me well, I can handle bad pay. But crew scheduling and management do not care about you. It's no surprise that they can't retain employees. Over half my training class quit within 3 months. I had many planes that had cabins held together with duct tape and had entire seats unsafe to be used. Incredibly safe. Wouldn't be surprised if they go under soon.

7. a step in the right direction for some experieance

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with, and the flying benefits

Cons

is just a regional company

Advice to Management

management are great

8. flying with family

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there is a big diffence when you go to work and have to, and a difference when you go and know you are doing something you like an enjoy. there are those that do help you at reach this and will make it an enjoyable time

Cons

there are times that you feel you are spinning your wheels when you have something that may help in trainingor getting something done better to inprove the service that you are giving to the passagngers

Advice to Management

listen and hear what the crews have to say they are your front line and care for them

How I will never be treated again.

Current Employee - Pilot in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Pilot in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

It was a place for a furloughed freight dawg to build some flight time in turbine aircraft, to be able to get some experience on a glass flight deck, and to learn how an airline should NOT be run.

Cons

These rednecks and corporate sycophants think that they're still flying 20 turboprops out of Memphis. It's no wonder that they fell apart when they were given an actual fleet of aircraft...the Norther Mississippi Flying Club was bound to screw that up. The only thing that holds this airline together is the employees on the line...the pilots, the FA's, the mechanics, and the agents pushing hard to get things done. It's not going to be long before Pinnacle is a bad memory...for a great number of people. And the reason it will be so is the people running the company...right into the ground.

Advice to Management

Get out...go away...and never return. Get out of the airlines. You have proven yourselves incapable of even the most basic tenets of business in aviation. I'm done even caring about anything you say or do.

Great job for building FAR Part 121 Turbine Engine Experience so a Pilot Can move onto another job.

Current Employee - Pilot "Capt CRJ 200" in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Pilot "Capt CRJ 200" in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

Some of the employees at Pinnacle Airlines are outstanding people who are a pleasure to work with. As a line Pilot, you are able to come to work, do your job and go home with little or no contact from Management. You are basically in charge of your own work day which gives a sense of freedom compared to working with other employers. We have a new CEO, who seems to care and make a difference at Pinnacle Airlines.

Cons

Since the Merger Northwest and Delta Airlines followed by the merger of Colgan and Mesaba Airlines there are not many Pros to working for Pinnacle Airlines Inc. Pinnacle Pilots wages are barely industry average at the Regional Airline level and management is now looking for a permanent 5% pay cut from all Pilots and Flight Attendants who make anywhere from 15 to 20k per year. Pilot and flight attendant schedules "lines" constructed poorly. There is no reason a Pilot should fly an aircraft for 7:59 minutes, with a 13:25 minute duty day after having only 9 hours on the ground with maybe 6 or 7 hours of sleep if they are lucky. Overall Pinnacle Airlines is not a safe operation and they exploit their current employees instead of hiring more pilots to run a safer operation with well rested crew members. This will not change until Pinnacle Airlines puts another aircraft into the ground due to Pilot Error caused by Fatigue. In regards to Maintenance Issues, the company would rather defer an item and allow the aircraft to fly if it is legal, versus taking the time to ground the aircraft and remedy the issue. One example would be the Thrust Levers that are worn out causing the engines to spool up at different speeds causing tendencies to yaw, or other control issues during take-off and landing.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Allow them to stay in nicer hotels with shorter duty days. Treat your employees like adults versus high school kids who need a chaperone. Pinnacle Crew members work very hard and should be paid much better than they currently are. If Pinnacle were a better place to work, employees would try much harder to save the company money and go out of their way a bit more when needed. Most important, Pinnacle needs to reduce the schedule load on their current employees. Any Scheduled duty period over 11 hours is not an acceptable way to do business.

11. its a pretty good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines

Pros

it can e fun and the travel experiance is amazing it makes me wanna shout

Cons

i want to get paid i need some money so nothing personal but i have to find more green you know what i mean

RSS Feed </> Embed