Pinnacle Airlines

www.pncl.com

Pinnacle Airlines Reviews in Memphis, TN

1.9

Ryan Gumm

Pros
  • You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect (in 21 reviews)

• Travel benefits thru Delta, that's it (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of training, on line self study ,no time for OJT, lack of computers, (in 4 reviews)

• Flight benefits are many times worthless (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people working for this company!

Former Employee - MX Planner in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - MX Planner in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people on staff. Became a very family oriented place to work. The compassion that the workers have for each other is very encouraging.

Cons

Company moved its operation to MN.

Overall, Pinnacle was a satisfactory place to work.

Former Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part of working at Pinnacle was the friendly coworkers. Many lifelong friends were made during my time there. This made for a very pleasant work environment.

Cons

Due to the company's recent emergence from bankrupcy, salaries and benefits are less than desired. In addition, because of the company's move to Minneapolis from Memphis many of the most senior employees are no longer there. This leaves a lot of gaps in operational experience.

Not worthy of the 11 months and 21 days out of my life!

Former Employee - Ground Service Agent in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Ground Service Agent in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flight privileges...401k, nice facilities at the airport and corporate headquarters...easy hire..adequate training

Cons

Plantation style management-bureaucratic Many degrees of separation between management and employees Poor inflight service delays favoritism

Talk to employees.see what they don't like about working conditions...talk to customers see what they don't like about the service...talk to middle managers...see what they don't like about the tasks and strategy..have a meeting for the whole company and let the president speak once a month to each level of employees.have managers share the information by video. get the employees and customer's opinion on the leadership.no sex on the job!

Incompentent, hillbilly, moron airline

Former Employee - Flight Operations in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Flight Operations in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The job paid "okay" for Memphis and the amount of work that I did. I actually had free time to learn some new skills on the job and help other people who needed it.

Cons

This airline was terrible, especially after 2008. Upper and middle management was a joke. There were a lot of office politics, unfairness, and general mistreatment of employees. I could see that some of the entry-level and lower level employees really getting screwed. Layoffs happened frequently. Pilots were treated poorly, but they kinda brought it on themselves because of their greedy, robot-machine union. I feel more sympathy for some of the ground workers and dispatchers.

Get an education. Learn how to type. Learn how to spell properly in your emails. Learn how to treat people properly. Don't think that yelling at people is an effective way to get them to work harder. Maybe find another profession.

Failing company when I left.....reason for leaving

Current Employee - First Officer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - First Officer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Days of that are not offered in corporate world - sometimes on reserve, I wasnt used. Major and only pro - I got to fly an airplane, which is what I wanted to do.

Cons

People, management, salaries, junior manning, unorganized...mostly everything at the time. I hear they are however, cleaning up their act.

Need to hire to CEO

Failure of a company

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a flight attendant is a fun job and working with a fun crew is great.

Cons

Pinnacle is shady about paying their employees and will do anything not to pay you. They will over work you, so you need your union by your side at all times.

Get Mesaba back!

Pinnacle Airlines, the downward spiral of what once was a decent company.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's an airline. You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect.

Cons

Total mismanagement. No real concern for the employees. Morale is extremely low. I would never suggest this company to anyone.

Quit lying to employees. Involve employees in your decision making processes to get their perspectives and input on things that effect their jobs and lives.

Great coworkers, everything with mgmt and corporate is a giant mess with nobody being accountable.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing crewmembers and use to have great benefits including health insurance but that's all going away with the new TAs

Cons

You can't get any answers from corporate regarding leaves, pay mistakes, schedule errors, etc... I spend my entire leave trying to get the things I needed and had questions of how it worked and nobody could answer them and didn't know who I could talk too. We (crew) are people too and should be treated with respect. Crew scheduling went through a phase of constantly lying and hanging up on us. Per our contract I'm required to talk to you and you made the mistake so don't hang up on me!

Base mgmt is drowning, hopefully the recent changes help, crew scheduling has improved (thank you!) but we are living in poverty so please consider this as your cutting insurance, crew pay, vacation and holiday pay, those who did the job for the love of it are being forced to quit and your going to be stuck with employees who can't get any better and will cause the company to continue to go under as they have no passion and respect.

Once was a family....

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines (more than 8 years)

Pros

In 2004 we were a family that took pride in our company. I looked forward to going to work to see my friends. I took pride in our company by putting on my uniform and getting people where they needed to go.

Cons

Family has been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Love has been replaced by distrust. Faithful employees have lost their fire for the job and for the company.

Look at the employees - we are the company. Take your greed and hatefulness some other place . What we the employees of Pinnacle want is our company back. If you take care of the people we will take care of the customers. The customers will take of us. People. Service. Profit.

What a Cluster...

Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Pinnacle Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ummm.... you get a debtor in possession check every 2 weeks. fingers crossed the next one goes through

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefits, terrible mgt, terrible atmosphere, extremely low morale

get with the program and start caring more about your company than the job of your buddies

Pinnacle Airlines Photos