Pinnacle Airlines

www.pncl.com

Pinnacle Airlines Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014
Pinnacle Airlines – US – “ramp rainbow”

Ryan Gumm

Pros
  • You get flight benefits although they are less than you would expect(in 21 reviews)

• Travel benefits thru Delta, that's it(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of training, on line self study ,no time for OJT, lack of computers,(in 4 reviews)

• Flight attendants and a first officer with any family qualify for food stamps, it is very shameful(in 5 reviews)

Great people working for this company!

MX Planner (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat people on staff. Became a very family oriented place to work. The compassion that the workers have for each other is very encouraging.

ConsCompany moved its operation to MN.

Working there was awesome until the CEO was forced to buy another airline and we were thrown into a Chapter 11 BK.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA great place to gain valuable knowledge, trial by fire.

ConsLack of training, new regime cares nothing for hiring quality people so much as hiring their friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality, not your buddies with no airline experience.

Former Crew Scheduler

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost coworkers were great to work with. Facilities were very nice. Learned a lot about aviation.

ConsOverworked and extremely underpaid for importance of job. High stress level. Flight benefits are many times worthless.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees! Improve communication level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I don't know how to feel.

Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIt's a good company for entry level jobs. With the organization being small, you develop good relationships with those you work with.

ConsThe company displaced a lot of good personell when they decided to relocate the headquarters to Minneapolis. Some of the jobs require a knowledge base and due to the relocation, the majority of the employees that had been employed were replaced with new personel. I think this will be the ultimate down fall of the comapany

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of the employees

seeking information

ProsIm not sure I do not work for them yet.

ConsI will find out soon.

Advice to Senior Managementhire ppl.

Great

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsSo fun I loved it

ConsJust wish they would have got comfortable with knowing my way around the airport before flying me to JFK but it was still great!

Low Morale throughout the company

Pilot - First Officer (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsAviation is a great area to work in.

ConsLousy domiciles, poor morale, disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with your employees.

6 years too long

Pilot - First Officer (Current Employee)

ProsGain jet experience, and make some good friends

Conslow wages, no respect for the contract, treated like second class citizen

Overall, Pinnacle was a satisfactory place to work.

Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe best part of working at Pinnacle was the friendly coworkers. Many lifelong friends were made during my time there. This made for a very pleasant work environment.

ConsDue to the company's recent emergence from bankrupcy, salaries and benefits are less than desired. In addition, because of the company's move to Minneapolis from Memphis many of the most senior employees are no longer there. This leaves a lot of gaps in operational experience.

Not worthy of the 11 months and 21 days out of my life!

Ground Service Agent (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

Prosflight privileges...401k, nice facilities at the airport and corporate headquarters...easy hire..adequate training

ConsPlantation style management-bureaucratic Many degrees of separation between management and employees Poor inflight service delays favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees.see what they don't like about working conditions...talk to customers see what they don't like about the service...talk to middle managers...see what they don't like about the tasks and strategy..have a meeting for the whole company and let the president speak once a month to each level of employees.have managers share the information by video. get the employees and customer's opinion on the leadership.no sex on the job!

Worked for Pinnacle Airlines? Contribute to the Community!