Pinnacle Capital Mortgage

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
4.0

Robert Boliard

Good pay for the experienced loan officer

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Each Branch is individually operated

Cons

Branch manager may be out of touch with loan officers

Check in on your LO's more often.

teamwork. everybody working towards common goals, making things happen

Current Employee - Loan Consultant
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant

I have been working at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Been here for 4 years, and after MANY years in this industry, have never experienced a group of people that actually make your job easier. It's like a tug of war sometimes in lending and I feel as if PCM never pulls from the other side. I won't leave until they kick me to the curb . . .

Cons

I honestly can't think of a con.

Robert Boliard always personally responds to any inquiry, email or concern. I feel respected

It was great working here.

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage part-time

Pros

Great experience. Matt is great at what he does. Many happy clients that give lots of referrals.

Cons

There was no room for growth and not many hours.

Decent Company for a Mortgage Loan Originator

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage

Pros

Good company for growing your business as a loan officer or branch

Cons

Not many that I can think of

Disorganized

Former Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pinnacle Capital Mortgage fosters a team friendly environment.

Cons

The region that I worked for only has one trainer and she is to busy to effectively train employees. I received less than 30 minutes of her time as a new employee. HR continuously failed to take state taxes out of my paycheck, even after repeated calls and emails, causing me to owe come tax time. The branch manager that I worked for hires inexperienced sales people to help build a new branch causing the branch to be on notice of shutdown due to lack of profitability.

Reorganize.

It's an excellent company

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good operations and pricing except on Jumbo

Cons

Jumbo pricing is not so good but this is typical of mortgage bankers

Work hard, play hard. Friendly open environment. Core Values! I love this company. I would love to retire here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time

Pros

This company actually follows their Core Values. Teamwork, Excellence, Positivity, Empowerment. Friendly employees. Management with open doors. Monthly birthday celebrations or holiday celebrations. True compassion for staff and willingness to help each other out.

Cons

Better role out of software. Sometimes the ones that write the policies should get feedback from those in the branches that are going to practice those policies.

Keep doing what you are doing. Your support is felt in the field. I suggest getting peer reviews from staff on Branch and Operations Managers. See how they are doing from the staffs perspective not just from profitability or rankings.

Working from home

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to work from home with a lot of flexibility in my schedule. Due to working at home, I had no office distractions.

Cons

Even though I worked out of state and in my home, at times felt like I was not part of the over all team. All though I did try very hard to be a team player.

Some of the upper management needs some training skills on how to become more personable with other employees below them.

Great place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage

Pros

Branch level management is extremly helpful and open to suggestions. Solutions are actually proposed and implemented, which is nice for a change.

Cons

some typical mgmnt level frustrations... delays, not on tha same page with some things. Ups and downs with the market

be more professional overall. Some of the advisors are just outright car salesman, which I'm sure is not the image we want to present to the public

Mediocre; there are some very good people there, but they have limited impact.

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Broker in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Broker in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Pinnacle Capital Mortgage

Pros

There is considerable freedom available in terms of when and where you perform your work. The company, at certain levels, is trying to stay on top of - if not actually ahead of - a wide variety of changes underway in the industry. There is a surprising amount of transparency in how the company is hedging its rate-locks and how that works for/against certain common practices by loan originators.

Cons

Many jobs are heavily, if not entirely, commission based. This can be very rough especially right now in this industry. Even as a full-time, W2 employee there are very limited (and expensive) benefits available to employees. An inordinate amount of overhead costs is borne by individual employees if they are working on a commission basis.

Reexamine the compensation options and incentives made available to employees. Look into providing more frequent and meaningful training and information dissemination that will translate into better effectiveness and profitability for your foot-soldiers.