Pinnacle Capital Mortgage

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Boliard

Decent Company for a Mortgage Loan Originator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company for growing your business as a loan officer or branch

ConsNot many that I can think of

Disorganized

Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsPinnacle Capital Mortgage fosters a team friendly environment.

ConsThe region that I worked for only has one trainer and she is to busy to effectively train employees. I received less than 30 minutes of her time as a new employee. HR continuously failed to take state taxes out of my paycheck, even after repeated calls and emails, causing me to owe come tax time. The branch manager that I worked for hires inexperienced sales people to help build a new branch causing the branch to be on notice of shutdown due to lack of profitability.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize.

It's an excellent company

Loan Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

Prosgood operations and pricing except on Jumbo

ConsJumbo pricing is not so good but this is typical of mortgage bankers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard, play hard. Friendly open environment. Core Values! I love this company. I would love to retire here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThis company actually follows their Core Values. Teamwork, Excellence, Positivity, Empowerment. Friendly employees. Management with open doors. Monthly birthday celebrations or holiday celebrations. True compassion for staff and willingness to help each other out.

ConsBetter role out of software. Sometimes the ones that write the policies should get feedback from those in the branches that are going to practice those policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Your support is felt in the field. I suggest getting peer reviews from staff on Branch and Operations Managers. See how they are doing from the staffs perspective not just from profitability or rankings.

Working from home

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to work from home with a lot of flexibility in my schedule. Due to working at home, I had no office distractions.

ConsEven though I worked out of state and in my home, at times felt like I was not part of the over all team. All though I did try very hard to be a team player.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the upper management needs some training skills on how to become more personable with other employees below them.

Great place to be

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Oswego, OR

ProsBranch level management is extremly helpful and open to suggestions. Solutions are actually proposed and implemented, which is nice for a change.

Conssome typical mgmnt level frustrations... delays, not on tha same page with some things. Ups and downs with the market

Advice to Senior Managementbe more professional overall. Some of the advisors are just outright car salesman, which I'm sure is not the image we want to present to the public

Mediocre; there are some very good people there, but they have limited impact.

Senior Mortgage Broker (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsThere is considerable freedom available in terms of when and where you perform your work. The company, at certain levels, is trying to stay on top of - if not actually ahead of - a wide variety of changes underway in the industry. There is a surprising amount of transparency in how the company is hedging its rate-locks and how that works for/against certain common practices by loan originators.

ConsMany jobs are heavily, if not entirely, commission based. This can be very rough especially right now in this industry. Even as a full-time, W2 employee there are very limited (and expensive) benefits available to employees. An inordinate amount of overhead costs is borne by individual employees if they are working on a commission basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementReexamine the compensation options and incentives made available to employees. Look into providing more frequent and meaningful training and information dissemination that will translate into better effectiveness and profitability for your foot-soldiers.

Positve

Loan Officer (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity, good people, great marketing

ConsNot the smartest management at all...

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the big picture

Worked for Pinnacle Capital Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!