Pinnacle Career Institute

CEO

started great, went bad.

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good people in admissions. friendly and warm upon welcoming new people.

Cons

ent from good intention, sincerity to greed and will step on whomever didnt drink any even the littlest of kool -aid .
    low pay with no advancement based on your stellar performance. they brought new management in that basically swept everyone up who didnt play the role. IF you are a real person who doesnt put on a front for too long, and a person who is honest about their position they will smell it and cut you. if you like to be counted by the microsecond for every thing you do, including how many phone calls, how many hours have you been on the phone, and feel like a failure everyday for not meeting specific metrics, then this is for you. It will teach you major discipline and when you succeed its awesome. but there is no incentive to do so-- the only incentive is the care that you personally have for the future students who are living in poverty. you want to help everyone you talk to, but not everyone is interested in going to school- so be prepared to build a really thick skin. Come home and have nothing left to give. THis job will drain you mentally and emotionally if you allow it. and on the days when you dont let it, you do the job just because you are getting a paycheck-- because there is no way to stay ON at all times in this environment. Management will reward you with FOOD -- they will spend the money on food parties , and office trill- its like working in preschool. THe management treats employees like they are robots - at the start of the day you do the same round of WHO IS AWESOME BECAUSE THEY GOT A COLOR. they label students by color and this is the highlight of your day. the next day its the same thing. and it continues. THis is a great place to start for you if you dont have sales experience, because you will learn a lot about people , if you are smart enough to see behind the veil that management puts up. PCI had its good days - until they fired all the best people. Its now run by a few women who are vultures and really dont care about you, two faced to the highest order. they got rid of their best employees who have potential to have made PCI grow, but PCI does no invest in their employees. Management always shifting and changes on the daily. be prepared to roll with whatever they throw at you. or leave. The pay is low, and the job is hard. if you want to build a thick skin in this business, or ANY business - this is the place to grow. GEt in , learn , and get out.

be real and good to your performers. dont be two faced.

Treating people like they are expendable since 1953.

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my students, hands down. That was the only thing that kept me there for the year.

Cons

Where to begin........ this company absolutely does not care about the employees. They "claim" too, but actions speak louder than words. Turnover is to be expected in this business, but at PCI, its ridiculous. Even when they have good employees, they don't even pay them to stay. Anyone in their right mind with some sort of talent should NOT work here. I feel terrible for the students who have to see the staff come and go bc the owner and his "squad" only care about the bottom line, and that is the god honest truth. When they implement new things, they don't tell anyone from employees to students. Upward movement? HA good luck, unless you are the hand picked golden child. Its not based on level of experience or even education. And HR is totally unethical, she talks about former employees in the open to people and list continues about that soulless woman.

Don't take for granted your employees, WE make this place go round. You pay the upper half ridiculous amounts, while you pay the minions PEANUTS! You will have so many more dedicated employees like myself walking out if you all keep treating us the way you do. Go ahead and ask your puppets to write more reviews to mask the current state of PCI. Be real with yourselves, you aren't hitting budges bc ITS YOUR LEADS, not us. We work our butts off and cannot turn water into wine.

Good luck

Current Employee - Program Coordinator
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff and instructors

Cons

Bad management, horrible treatment of employees

Former online admissions coordinator still traumatized and having nightmares.

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute

Pros

They DID pay me and were really good at making promises. Seeing incompetent people promoted was entertaining as I got to watch a show each day that was similar to Homer Simpson and his buddies at the nuclear plant. Ironically, they now offer an online program for nuclear plant technicians.

Cons

Managed by threats and day-to-day thinking. Admissions traained to manipulate leads by seeking to uncover pain and offer over-priced "education" programs to anesthetize and numb vulnerable people who are duped to borrow enormous amounts of money in high-preassure, close-the-deal, what can I do to put you in a degree today financial aid appointments. Hard to sleep at night while working there and even now. Am disappointed in myself for not seeing this for what it is: financial and educational rape of vulnerable people who come for help.

Close the doors and beg God for forgiveness.

Don't subject yourself to all the pain and misery!

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good people working in admissions.

Cons

Continual change. New management team same ole' crap. New management trying to make PCI like NAU. Hiring former NAU employees in lieu of helping internal employees succeed. There is nothing but heartache here. Owner and his minions are $$$ hungry and do not care about anyone, including the students. I can't wait until they are exposed and have to sell the school. Warn everyone you know to steer clear of this debacle. I am sure it is only time until the department of education discovers what a disaster this place is. I have now idea how they stay in business. The student population continues to decline. I know for certain that the good reviews on this site are pumped in by employees who are strongly "encouraged" to write good reviews to bury all the bad (and true) ones. I wish this site allowed you to call out people by name...they are wildly known as rejects from other schools. The executive management team has NO integrity. Years ago, they were in trouble for late refunds to the federal government and I am sure there are still skeletons in the closest. I hope these comments get the attention of the accrediting body. If they are allowed to continue to operate - buyer beware.

Do everyone a favor and sell the school. You are exactly what is wrong with for-profit education and deserve to be exposed.

Program Coordinator of the Medical Assistants

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The students, small atmosphere, family orientated

Cons

Upper management did not know what employees jobs where and evaluated them without proper knowledge

Stop letting good employees go, the students are bearing the brunt of the situation and not learning all they need to.

On Life Support

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Satisfaction of helping students pursue an education and valuable skill set

Small campus settings offer camaraderie

Frequent firings present opportunities to employees interested in career advancement

There are some quality individuals that work for this organization and always work in the students' best interests

Cons

Happy to have found this site...where to begin......

Very little training, less support, and zero resources to perform job with unrealistic expectations

VERY unethical. very unethical.

Employee turnover must rival McDonalds. Regularly worked with new admissions reps.

"What have you done for me lately" mentality breeds resentment and a hostile work environment, employees feel disposable

Zero transparency--organization's initiatives and personnel hirings/firings often leave you scratching your head

Inefficiencies and poor lines of communications complicate processes, but instead of correcting, someone is blamed and usually fired. Meanwhile, the process is neglected. Any information and decisions that will adversely affect the student body is communicated by frontline employees, not leadership.

Worked almost 2 years, never received a raise

Discussing opportunities for improvement are frowned upon and employees wanting to offer ideas are blackballed and labeled as "not a team player" or "not on board with the company"

Stressed managers 'split hairs' or fabricate problems to remove themselves from the microscope and assume that if a subordinate is fired, they will 'live another day'

Campus leadership (often acting on behalf of the owner) doesn't understand the business or the state of the industry, only interested in enrolling more students

Program Coordinators are taken advantage of and are worked excessively

People serving people. Take care of the former and you may be amazed at the how the latter prospers.

By far the worst employer I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some employees who actually care about helping students, but there are very few of them.

Cons

Pinnacle only cares about making money. They don't care about students, helping them succeed, etc. Pinnacle's only concern is about making a profit, and it starts with the owner of the organization. The owner is unprofessional, uncaring, and only concerned with the bottom line. The new president has now gone in a fired anyone that was any good and is replacing with personal friends of the owner or herself. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The benefits are terrible because they don't care about employees, only making money.

Sell this school to someone who actually cares about students.

Very bad company to work for if you want to be valued or have job security.

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time

Pros

For the most part, employees really care about the students they work with. Some of the managers care about their employees, it depends on which campus you work...my advice, go north.

Cons

This organization is family owned and I have no idea how they have stayed in business. The owner is known to go on "rants" and manages by fear - which I guess is supposed to motivate? Very unprofessional, zero humility and bottom line.. just doesn't care about anyone so don't be fooled. No investment in our success and definitely no job security. Most of us are pee-on's whose opinions do not matter. Management gives a lot of lip service and thiks we are all idiots. It has always been evident that nothing matters but the "numbers." Most of us are beaten down, looking for other jobs and have no loyalty to the company - only to our co-workers. Our battle cry is..."take me with you!" each time someone gets lucky enough to leave. I really think the owner and his few followers believe we are lucky to work for them (him). How ridiculous! The salaries are less than what you can make at other schools and the benefits are horrible. You get 10 days of PTO and that is it, God forbid you really get sick or have a child...you are screwed. Here's the deal, if you can't find a job and are desparate to survive then I would work here, otherwise run! If you have a family, make sure you have a backup plan or don't put your family through this. You will regret it. Please be careful - life is too short.

Wise up and realize that you are screwing with real lives. We have families! Husbands, wives and KIDS who depend on us. We are not stupid and are tired of hearing your empty promises. We remember what you say and we watch what you do. Continue down this path and your "local" reputation will be the end of you. We are not stupid, we are on to you and we are talking; and I promise others are listening.

The absolute worst place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They did give you a paycheck in return for your job performance.

Cons

I have had several decades in the educational field and have never encountered an institution with more trouble than this one. The way this company is managed from the top down is not conducive to a good work environment. Constant threats about whether or not you will be fired if you don't meet your admission numbers, the mental abuse is unprofessional and destructive.

Management needs to start fresh and discover a way to earn the respect of the employees by showing respect to them and what they have to offer the organization. No one benefits from working in an intimidating environment and I don't think this company can serve employees or students much longer if it continues down this path.