Pinnacle Career Institute

2.2
CEO

Things Can Change

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute

Pros

GREAT team, great salary, fun environment

Cons

High pressure environment but do NOT listen to the bad comments on here. In the last 12 months the ENTIRE leadership team has changed down to the President and these are the kind of managers you wish you had in any job.

Advice to Management

Performance reviews and salary increases keep top talent.

Ok to gain experience but don't plan to stay long term

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent depending on what you do. Admissions is paid more than educators because they bring in money. It's is a good starting point if you just got out of school and need more than min wage pay.

Cons

Benefits are horrible and expect to work long hours. Very high turnover in all departments. Management changes frequently and everyone has a different idea of how to run things.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to close down some of the small campuses because they are really costing you money. Focus more on student success instead of enrolling anyone with a pulse.

The most toxic environment I have ever worked in

Former Employee - Academics in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Academics in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are decent, hardworking people that have the best of intentions toward one another and the students.

Cons

The ownership does not believe that the relationship between the company and its employees should be mutually beneficial....they are only concerned with how they benefit, personally. The majority of the employees that work for this organization are in admissions and are in constant fear of losing their jobs because they are unable to meet the unrealistic enrollment goals that are established. They work very long hours with little reward other than the gratification of seeing how the education improves people's lives....if, and when it does. Many students leave worse off than they were before PCI was introduced to them. Heavily burdened with thousands of dollars in loans and unable to obtain a job in the field they have selected. The employees are constantly being exposed to the excessive lifestyles of the upper management....carrying handbags that could pay 6 months of rent for many and driving lavish cars.....all while being the engine that drives the sales that support that and never receiving pay increases. Sure, they are rewarded with food...The ownership is abusive to their employees, at best, cursing, degrading, belittling and insulting the staff consistently and treating them as though they are dishonest and always attempting to "take advantage" of the company in some way. Salaried employees are FORCED to clock in and out on a time clock because they are not trusted to work a full 40 hours per week, even though most work in excess of forty every week and are not paid for it because they are salary. Conflict and contention between employees is encouraged by management so that no single employee will ever be "too" loyal to another. The organization requires that employees use their own gas to report to different locations and are never reimbursed in mileage, etc. It is ludicrous because the reality is that the ownership is taking advantage of the employees....not the other way around.

Then there is the management team. What a JOKE. The leader of this establishment spends more time taking care of personal business and all that it entails than running the school. Internal employees that have been with the organization for years are not given an opportunity to advance into higher positions because all of those opportunities are reserved for friends and family of the leadership team. Some with absolutely no experience at all and they are not held to the same rules and policies that the rest of us are. Nepotism at its finest. Very discouraging. In the past two years, the management team has turned over twice...

The environment is not conducive to any employee over the age of 25. As a matter of fact, it is known that key members of management specifically require HR to only hire "young" talent because they are more upbeat and create a "fun-fabulous" environment where they blast rap music all through out the day, hoola hoop in the aisles, throw parties and pep-rallies. While I acknowledge that this is great for those that are young, for those of us that take our profession seriously and work hard at portraying a professional image and want to work in that kind of environment...it is impossible. And if we are to speak out about it, we are looked at as having a poor attitude and not being a team player.

If you are seeking a place to work that invests in its employees....this is not the place. If you are seeking a place that will provide a stable, healthy environment to work in every day....this is not the place. If you are the type of individual that wants to make a positive difference in the lives of others through what you do....this is not the place. If you are seeking fair pay and healthcare for an honest day's work.....again, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about your employees as human beings, with families, responsibilities and lives....not just a means to make a buck so that you can continue to buy top of the line hand bags and sports cars. Start spreading the wealth a bit more....and understand that people will want to work harder for an organization that genuinely cares about them. They will want to work harder for an organization that does not use fear, threats and intimidation to motivate.

5. No appreciation for hardworking employees

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job served it purpose when I was looking for a full time job with benefits. It started off great- management that had passion for student success, great hours, pay was decent, etc... But that started declining the longer I worked there. I enjoyed the friendships I made there and still keep in touch with them. There was a good comradery at the campus where I worked.

Cons

When I was hired, I was told about regular job performance reviews and pay increases based on performance. That was false. I never received a pay increase during my 2 + years tenure. I stuck with it based on promises of better things to come. Slowly but surley, management and instructors, basically anyone with heart and soul for their job, were replaced with money hungry employees that looked at students as just another number. Sure, there are a few that genuinely care about student success. But that is a rarity. In my position I held for over 2 years, I experienced a bunch of crabby, overworked employees who would passively snap at me when I would send emails asking for clarification. It got worse when there was a change in upper management and positions were done away with and added onto current positions. There was no clear list of what my particular job description entailed, which made it frustrating to perform my job well. Slowly my passion for what I did went down hill along with the morale of employees. I hated putting on a smile in front of students like everything was fine when inside I was dying and felt horrible and so guilty for manipulative ways to get students in the door and to stay. I feel like the percentage of those students who have actually succeeded (meaning, graduated with a job in hand in the career they went to school for) is a small amount. It's a sad thing.

Advice to Management

Think of your employees, respect and treat them well. Appreciate and recognise their hard work on a regular basis. The rest will follow. Remove the pompous and entitled behaviors of upper management and just be real. Real as in not lying and exaggerating the truth. Don't sweep problems under the rug- address them as soon as they come to the forefront.

So glad I am not alone my experience, there are so many of us

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute

Pros

Student centered for the most part

Paycheck

Consistency

Cons

Consistency as far as you know what to expect-executive management a joke, reactive company always seeking a bandaid versus asking what the root is and finding a solution , fear driven environment, no transparency, most people unhappy, no advancement, toxic environment

People disappear but not supposed the talk about it

Staff is mostly there for students and believing in them, but no one believes in the staff

No investment/training in developing employees, fired before being trained and coached, might be a lower turnover and more heart and faith in company if people were trained

No leadership or examples to look toward, no hope here, no one knows what the hell is going on, ruled change day by day

Used to have to be a college grad to work there, but then you get what you pay for

How can you sell education if you don't have any

Total dismissal of employees who were invested and really bought in

No raises, bonuses, yeah it comes in food, we wonder why corporate America is so fat, put it in the paycheck

Promises made and no delivery

No recognition of achievements only what is not being done

A value of the company is upserving the student, not enough staff to support students, not fair to student at all

School has apparently been losing money, but somebody is making money and it's not the ones who do the work and really want to see student be successful

It makes me sad and sick to see how many people have had bad experiences, this place has no heart

Advice to Management

Who are you? You want a rat race puppy mill, looks like you got it. Always has some sort of hope, waiting for something promised down the road and just never happened. I just don't get why team members are not valued, no wonder tge school can't hang on to students, you guys are sad, hope you rest well at night

7. Always Challenging

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We change lives every day - internally and externally. it is amazing to be a part of, to see someone underemployed and after they graduate having a great new career. It is great because people within the company get to grow and change as well - I've seen reps become managers and directors and really shine.

Cons

There were some very negative people on board that tainted the culture. This has been removed and it is a much better place to be now.

Advice to Management

Definitely speaks well for the new management that people are wanting to follow them from other employers.

Good employees are effectively negated by cronyism

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Few long term employees. This institution is similar to other for-profit machines that push quality individuals out for the sake of saving a buck.

Cons

Don't work here!. If you are lucky their lies they sell you at hiring will last two to three months. Great motivated instructors have been destroyed and displaced by ineffective leads and ownership.

Advice to Management

Respect and retain your good employees.

9. Admissions Coordinator

I worked at Pinnacle Career Institute

Pros

Received a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Hostile work environment-no raises-belittling attitude by mgmt toward staff-continuous threats about your job-keeping info about changes in policy from employees-the inventors of micromanagement

Advice to Management

Attn-Dept of Education! If u have anyone that looks at these sites, please take notice and begin an investigation of this school. The owner and his managers are as crooked as they come and I am shocked it hasn't come to the government's or accreditation's attention. The owner's philosophy on business? "Just keep me out of the courtroom". If you're thinking of working here-DON'T. If you're thinking of studying here-RUN! The instructors have barely more education than you!

10. Blah

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute

Pros

Free gym, nice coworkers and students who believe in you

Cons

pretty much everything, no advancement opportunities, all about money

Advice to Management

Start delivering your promises that you make

started great, went bad.

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Career Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people in admissions. friendly and warm upon welcoming new people.

Cons

ent from good intention, sincerity to greed and will step on whomever didnt drink any even the littlest of kool -aid .
    low pay with no advancement based on your stellar performance. they brought new management in that basically swept everyone up who didnt play the role. IF you are a real person who doesnt put on a front for too long, and a person who is honest about their position they will smell it and cut you. if you like to be counted by the microsecond for every thing you do, including how many phone calls, how many hours have you been on the phone, and feel like a failure everyday for not meeting specific metrics, then this is for you. It will teach you major discipline and when you succeed its awesome. but there is no incentive to do so-- the only incentive is the care that you personally have for the future students who are living in poverty. you want to help everyone you talk to, but not everyone is interested in going to school- so be prepared to build a really thick skin. Come home and have nothing left to give. THis job will drain you mentally and emotionally if you allow it. and on the days when you dont let it, you do the job just because you are getting a paycheck-- because there is no way to stay ON at all times in this environment. Management will reward you with FOOD -- they will spend the money on food parties , and office trill- its like working in preschool. THe management treats employees like they are robots - at the start of the day you do the same round of WHO IS AWESOME BECAUSE THEY GOT A COLOR. they label students by color and this is the highlight of your day. the next day its the same thing. and it continues. THis is a great place to start for you if you dont have sales experience, because you will learn a lot about people , if you are smart enough to see behind the veil that management puts up. PCI had its good days - until they fired all the best people. Its now run by a few women who are vultures and really dont care about you, two faced to the highest order. they got rid of their best employees who have potential to have made PCI grow, but PCI does no invest in their employees. Management always shifting and changes on the daily. be prepared to roll with whatever they throw at you. or leave. The pay is low, and the job is hard. if you want to build a thick skin in this business, or ANY business - this is the place to grow. GEt in , learn , and get out.

Advice to Management

be real and good to your performers. dont be two faced.