Pinnacle Career Institute

Be The First To
Add Photos

Program Coordinator of the Medical Assistants

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsThe students, small atmosphere, family orientated

ConsUpper management did not know what employees jobs where and evaluated them without proper knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting good employees go, the students are bearing the brunt of the situation and not learning all they need to.

Good luck

Program Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat staff and instructors

ConsBad management, horrible treatment of employees

On Life Support

Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsSatisfaction of helping students pursue an education and valuable skill set

Small campus settings offer camaraderie

Frequent firings present opportunities to employees interested in career advancement

There are some quality individuals that work for this organization and always work in the students' best interests

ConsHappy to have found this site...where to begin......

Very little training, less support, and zero resources to perform job with unrealistic expectations

VERY unethical. very unethical.

Employee turnover must rival McDonalds. Regularly worked with new admissions reps.

"What have you done for me lately" mentality breeds resentment and a hostile work environment, employees feel disposable

Zero transparency--organization's initiatives and personnel hirings/firings often leave you scratching your head

Inefficiencies and poor lines of communications complicate processes, but instead of correcting, someone is blamed and usually fired. Meanwhile, the process is neglected. Any information and decisions that will adversely affect the student body is communicated by frontline employees, not leadership.

Worked almost 2 years, never received a raise

Discussing opportunities for improvement are frowned upon and employees wanting to offer ideas are blackballed and labeled as "not a team player" or "not on board with the company"

Stressed managers 'split hairs' or fabricate problems to remove themselves from the microscope and assume that if a subordinate is fired, they will 'live another day'

Campus leadership (often acting on behalf of the owner) doesn't understand the business or the state of the industry, only interested in enrolling more students

Program Coordinators are taken advantage of and are worked excessively

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople serving people. Take care of the former and you may be amazed at the how the latter prospers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

By far the worst employer I have ever worked for.

ProsThere are some employees who actually care about helping students, but there are very few of them.

ConsPinnacle only cares about making money. They don't care about students, helping them succeed, etc. Pinnacle's only concern is about making a profit, and it starts with the owner of the organization. The owner is unprofessional, uncaring, and only concerned with the bottom line. The new president has now gone in a fired anyone that was any good and is replacing with personal friends of the owner or herself. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The benefits are terrible because they don't care about employees, only making money.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell this school to someone who actually cares about students.

The absolute worst place I have ever worked.

Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThey did give you a paycheck in return for your job performance.

ConsI have had several decades in the educational field and have never encountered an institution with more trouble than this one. The way this company is managed from the top down is not conducive to a good work environment. Constant threats about whether or not you will be fired if you don't meet your admission numbers, the mental abuse is unprofessional and destructive.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to start fresh and discover a way to earn the respect of the employees by showing respect to them and what they have to offer the organization. No one benefits from working in an intimidating environment and I don't think this company can serve employees or students much longer if it continues down this path.

Very bad company to work for if you want to be valued or have job security.

ProsFor the most part, employees really care about the students they work with. Some of the managers care about their employees, it depends on which campus you work...my advice, go north.

ConsThis organization is family owned and I have no idea how they have stayed in business. The owner is known to go on "rants" and manages by fear - which I guess is supposed to motivate? Very unprofessional, zero humility and bottom line.. just doesn't care about anyone so don't be fooled. No investment in our success and definitely no job security. Most of us are pee-on's whose opinions do not matter. Management gives a lot of lip service and thiks we are all idiots. It has always been evident that nothing matters but the "numbers." Most of us are beaten down, looking for other jobs and have no loyalty to the company - only to our co-workers. Our battle cry is..."take me with you!" each time someone gets lucky enough to leave. I really think the owner and his few followers believe we are lucky to work for them (him). How ridiculous! The salaries are less than what you can make at other schools and the benefits are horrible. You get 10 days of PTO and that is it, God forbid you really get sick or have a child...you are screwed. Here's the deal, if you can't find a job and are desparate to survive then I would work here, otherwise run! If you have a family, make sure you have a backup plan or don't put your family through this. You will regret it. Please be careful - life is too short.

Advice to Senior ManagementWise up and realize that you are screwing with real lives. We have families! Husbands, wives and KIDS who depend on us. We are not stupid and are tired of hearing your empty promises. We remember what you say and we watch what you do. Continue down this path and your "local" reputation will be the end of you. We are not stupid, we are on to you and we are talking; and I promise others are listening.

Great place to be, moving in the right direction

Lead Data Management (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI have been with PCI for about 4 years, and in the beginning i would have agreed with some of the other reviews but over the past year PCI has changed a lot, They are growing and moving in the right direction every day. They value their employees and are doing new things every day to show this. They now do leadership training and growth development and i really feel like i matter, my mangers listen to me.

ConsIt can be a high stress job and by not be for everyone, but we work hard and play hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, be open and honest with employees. Point out things they are doing good and things you want them to continue to do but also don't be afraid to be honest and point out areas they need to fix. as an employee we don't know unless you tell us..

Excellent Career College focused on up-serving students

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsPinnacle is a great place to work. I am always so impressed with the excellent service we give to our students. Whether we assist with an assignment, the student's career search, or help them navigate through an online classroom, we are constantly finding innovative ways to deliver an outstanding career education. Pinnacle strives to be the best in career education and it is great to work for a company that focuses so much on their students, as well as their employees' needs.

ConsI would like to see PCI have more of a presence in social media.

Will probably close in 2-3 years. Please avoid working for this company!

Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsFor the most part, the employees are good people who mean well and are looking to make a difference.

ConsBenefits are horrible. Managers and Senior Executives have no idea what is going on day-to-day. They are only worried about making their owner proud and keeping their jobs. PCI is dishonest and runs incredibly unethically.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employes. Encourage them. Buying them ice cream bars, or filling their minds with empty promises does nothing. Your employees are not stupid. Please know that everyone that works there realizes how unethical and illegal things are done. Please begin a journey towards transparency and honesty. If the DOE were to ever find the papers you shred, the lies you tell and the policies you change, just to get an extra $1500 a month from a student, you would be closed in a second. For the sake of students trying to better their lives, please take a stand to do the right thing - even if it isn't easy.

Horrible place to work at PCI.

Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsSlightly better than unemployment, but not by much. If you want to break into the school industry they'll give you a chance.

ConsUnethical and chaotically managed. At one time, this school was growing and thriving. A overly greedy owner has mismanaged the system to the brink of bankruptcy.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your lead administrator and sell your school. Too many people have lost their careers due to your incompetence.

Worked for Pinnacle Career Institute? Contribute to the Community!