Pinnacle Dietary Reviews

1. i have work and dietary for the last 5year's i love nd enjoy it

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary full-time

Pros

To provide for my family to make thebest out ofmy life to love what. I do to help. Others as much as i love to help ppl feel love. Nd happy to a reason to smile

Cons

Where their is downside i do my best to make the best out of it

Advice to Management

I will do my best at all times & become one of the best workers

2. It's been a gift and a curse.

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The knowledge and skill you will gain working for this company. There great people that love what they do there and you can definitely see it in there work performance.

Cons

Turnovers was too the extreme

Advice to Management

Wish you all the best of luck

3. very nice easy to use

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

lot of job listing in this area

Cons

I never work here at all

5. Small company, growing, with potential.

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

Lots of hard work,but very supportive Senior management team.

Cons

High pressured, long hours working with unskilled poorly paid back of the house staff.

Advice to Management

U get what U pay for in personnel.

6. FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR

Former Employee - Food Service Director
    Former Employee - Food Service Director

I worked at Pinnacle Dietary full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Close to home, that all

Cons

Everyday day is a challenge. Tons and Tons of paper work that they dont even look at, spend more time in the office and not out in the kitchen. This company has no values, they accept you to work 12/hr days and when you need a day off they give you a hard time. there is no one hand washes other with pinnacle only pinnacle hand get washed. They put up a good show to get in the building but once they are in they dont spend any money they buy the CHEAPEST products and except miracles.

Advice to Management

Upper mangenmetnt should come out a visit the building (not only when state is there) they need to sit with the director and talk with them find out what going on because the regionals SUCKS!!! THey take out managerout of one building into another then fire them, does upper managment know this do they care?

Don't apply

Former Employee - Fsd in South Plainfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Fsd in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Pinnacle Dietary full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any at this time

Cons

No support from management, when you place your orders they change it and you dont get what you ordered often times having to serve inferior products. employee turnover rate extremely high but owner never looks a why the company cannot keep employees. Once taking over an account they get rid of pot-washers, stock person, and porters and p/t cooks and expect managers/directors to do it all on top of ridiculous amount of paper work that you're required to submit.

Advice to Management

owner needs to talk one on one with managers/directors to really find out whats going on and how the regionals visit the account and put on a show for the admins giving them hope and expectations that the directors cannot really deliver due to lack of support from regionals.

8. Everyday is a advanture

Current Employee - Food Service Director in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in Perth Amboy, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

Always be faced with new challanges! You'l never need to ask for more work, they just keep piling it on!

Cons

The harder you work the less respect you will get. Promotions are based on who you know, family members and cousins get first picks.

Advice to Management

All upper management needs at least to hold A.S. in business. Look at your Field managers and how they treat others "fsd and asst. Fsd. Culinary training should be helpful and not harmful!

9. Very Supportive, Progressive Company that cares

Current Employee - Food Service Manager Healthcare in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Food Service Manager Healthcare in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

The management of this company really invests the time and money in developing its managers. I started as an assistant and with coaching and training was promoted to a directors position. At all times I felt I had someone to turn to. I wish all companies respected their employees the way Pinnacle does. Great company to watch on the radar!

Cons

They really try to satisfy their customers and at times creates difficulty for facility managers although this may also bee seen as a positive in the eyes of the customer.

Advice to Management

Invest in more marketing materials to get the word out faster. You have alot to offer, just need to make the healthcare operators aware of us!

10. Almost like indentured servitude.

Current Employee - Food Service Director
    Current Employee - Food Service Director

I have been working at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

Wonderful concepts for business model. Behind the scenes support was always available. Basic formulas for successful operations at job. Company staff always available for PR work.

Cons

Can not keep promises to customers. Expectations of management to work very long hours. Quality control measures inconsistent. Always trying to do more with less faster. Not always thorough in production. Not always willing to see the project through from beginning.

Advice to Management

Take more time to get to know your managers strengths and weaknesses. Give more support unconditionally to management and follow up with that support. Try not to give up on management too quickly.

If you want to go on unemployment, work for them

I worked at Pinnacle Dietary

Pros

in theory, pinnacle has nowhere to go but up, with a lot of advancement opportunities

Cons

they are unorganized & are way too quick to fold to client whims instead of having a backbone & support management. They use you & when you are wrung out like a sponge they get rid of you for no reason. In the 18 months they have been in ooperation, at least 10 highly qualified, competant managers have been replaced for flimsy reasons.

Advice to Management

Stop taking people out of established careers only to get rid of them in 3-6 months. In this economy, it's no joke to have to look for a highly compensated position. Hire entry level managers whose careers won't be adversly affected & you can use them to your heart's content.