Pinnacle Entertainment

Updated October 14, 2014
3.3

Pinnacle Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Anthony M. Sanfilippo
Anthony M. Sanfilippo

Great people to work with, entertaining environment and growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the Pros for working at Pinnacle Entertainment revolve around wanting to be the best in the industry, benefits, discounts for team members, Core Values, and sharing stories of those who have excelled on a weekly basis throughout the company.

Cons

Some of the challenges consist of working among different state gaming commissions, doubling in size but having the same number of people working at the leadership level and dealing with the intricacies of the database.

Advice would be to think things through and ask for thoughts and feedback from front line team members when starting something new.

Boomtown

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

Good people, undergoing changes due to merging with Ameristar. Altogether not a bad place to work, just a few kinks to work out

Cons

Pay, benefits, a lot of changes inconsistent policies

A company that truly values their Employees (i.e. "Team Mates")

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Within the 6 months Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment Center (Cincinnati, OH) has been open for business, several Teammates have been promoted. Pinnacle makes every attempt to hire people who support their positive "pro-customer service" culture, and grooms employees to move up the corporate ladder. In my experience, my immediate Supervisor and all the Directors are helpful, supportive, and open to dialog about ideas that will help Belterra Park retain a positive work force and ultimately grow business. Belterra Park is number #1 in customer satisfaction, that only comes with happy employees. Pinnacle is also very generous with PTO time - which is helpful for those who have families and unexpected needs. In all, Belterra Park is a great place to work!

Cons

The compensation is not great. No doubt it is considered "competitive" with others in the Gaming Industry, but the one reason I have seen good people leave is because he/she simply was not making enough money. The health benefits offered by Pinnacle are very good - but benefits can take a good percentage of a pay check. And depending on what side of the River an employee lives, the taxes can be brutal. Kentucky state taxes are twice that of Ohio and that comes right out of your paycheck. This is no fault of Pinnacle, obviously. But with the current compensation structure making ends meet is challenging, regardless of which state an employee calls home.

Reevaluate the compensation structure.

after bidding for a regular set of hours and looking for full time they assigned me a different schedule and kept me par

Former Employee - Floor Person in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Floor Person in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Pinnacle Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

food, company benefits, uniforms where nice, I learned a lot about gamblers I didn't want to know

Cons

the supervisors wont let you ? and like to run you around the floor from station to station for no reason you are not allowed to know their time goals for employees and they don't want you complaining about people not carrying the load they also started me with 1/2 the training the others received. The pay was minimal for what was expected and the tips where non existent from the pool so they lied about compensation hours and `where highly critical over our criticism of the failed computer marketing plans . So in my book they where good at getting us pumped up but grew upset when we tried to protect the gaming facility from fraud and abuse by customers other employees whom they had barely trained waitresses, security, janitorial. I have to admit that position was last minute and I only took it to transfer somewhere else which didn't work out.

Pinnacle Entertainment is a great growing company with many properties across the United States.

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Promotion from within happens regularly, great tuition reimbursement program and benefits package. Most of the people across properties are friendly and helpful, paid time off benefit is pretty good.

Cons

Working for Pinnacle can sometimes be frustrating because the salaries aren't always fair for the work done. There are many instances that it is more of who you know than what you know. You can be promoted from within, but they will definitely take advantage of not paying you what they would pay someone new to the company.

Compensation should be more competitive for salaried employees below Management level.

13 year tour of duty as Food and Beverage Director- Sr. Director of Hospitality, and GM of the Reno Boiomtown.

Former Employee - Director of Food and Beverage/Hospitality/& GM in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Director of Food and Beverage/Hospitality/& GM in Reno, NV

I worked at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pinnacle Entertainment is a great company that takes excellent care of its employees and management staff. My tour of duty with Pinnacle lasted from 1999-2012. These were some of the best years of my life.

Cons

As the company grows bigger and spreads into regions all over the country and elsewhere, it loses its personal and close cultural and personal touch with its property and management staff.

I just hope that Pinnacle does not get so big as to lose the personal interaction that presently exists between the leadership and its management staff in the various regional properties.

Good

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

It is good. It gives us enough benefit

Cons

It has too much work

Mostly positive since it bought out Ameristar and sale commenced in 2013

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment

Pros

It's a fun environment and most people appear to be happy in their jobs.

Cons

Like any other company, it has misguided priorities in how it compensates certain employees.

Great work atmosphere

Current Employee - REVENUE AUDITOR in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - REVENUE AUDITOR in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning environment; great benefits

Cons

Hours; pay for job duties;

bring pay in line with job requirements

Pinnacle Good place to work, GREAT pay

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Pinnacle Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay, fair work environment, overall it is a good experience and a good place to work

Cons

Not much to say here. If they didn't pay so much I might have a complaint. Pinnacle pays quite well which makes up for any deficiencies elsewhere. Most business analysts here make in six figures.

Pinnacle Entertainment Photos