Pinnacle Foods

Pinnacle Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Pinnacle Foods CEO Bob Gamgort

Bob Gamgort

Pros
  • This is a fast paced, lean, exciting and fun environment to work in(in 7 reviews)

• A lot of good people and lots of ways to contribute(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost no one is happy here except those in charge(in 5 reviews)

• Very little communication from upper management especially after the acquisition of Birdseye(in 5 reviews)

Challenging, fast-paced environment.

ProsPinnacle's culture is really great. There is nothing stopping anyone from voicing their oppinion, no matter what the forum or what level they may be at.

I am currently working on many project over a diverse portfolio. Many peers at other companies are limited to a brand or technology, however, at Pinnacle, there are many opportunities to learn and grow.

ConsIt would be great if there were some kind of incentives, like a bonus, for all levels.

In general I had a very good experience but the last management change we had caused it to go downhill quickly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey do pay supervisors for working 6 or 7 days

ConsThe top plant management changes often. I went through 11 Plant Managers and 5 QA Managers in 6 years

Nice corporate atmosphere

Applications Developer (Former Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsThis company was a good summer internship

ConsSome of the team was off site

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great company

ProsOwnership of work at all levels - everyone does what it takes to get the job done.
    Focus is on the work and building a great company. There is very little "corporate politics" to deal with
    The people are amazing - smart and capable and yet ready and willing to have fun

ConsAs with any company these days the hours can be long and with modern technology it can feel 24/7. With some self awareness this can be contained

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, continue to drive the entraprenurial spirit that the company was built on.

Pinnacle Foods-Jackson, TN

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Jackson, TN

ProsI was there a few years ago. I worked a 2-3-2 schedule (7pm-7am 2 days, 3 days off, 7pm-7am 2 days), which wasn't too bad for me personally. The benefits were a little expensive, and the time-off policies were OK,

ConsThe leadership in my department (and at the plant as a whole) was not good. Pinnacle had 12 plants across the country at the time, and the Jackson plant was CONSISTENTLY 11th or 12th.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better leadership at that Jackson Plant. Pinnacle is too important to that community for it to close because it consistently loses money.

Fast paced, food industry leading company with lots of potential growth

ProsFast Paced
    Excellent co-workers
    Rewarded/Compensated for high quality hard work
    Flexible working hours for personal life
    Intellegent Direct Management team

ConsDepartment Pillars - need to breakdown and work as a total company together
    Departments duplicating efforts. Knowledge sharing is lacking, need to come up with a better way to share upgrades/projects/reports/etc
    IT needs some overhaul. Lack of process for prioritization. Some programmers lack expertise knowledge of areas they are programming in. Communications for system enhancement are minimal to non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy direct management team is working hard to overcome barriers and bring departments together, but it doesn't seem like other deparments are trying to do the same.
    Management is not always available due to all the meetings they need to attend. Might look at who really needs to be in each meeting and eliminate duplicity within a deparment, and instead of one player report back to all.
    Equal management posistions don't always mean equal roles....should divide and conquer more evenly.

Wow

Naa (Former Employee) Na Ah Tee, AZ

ProsThe company's compensation is decent.

ConsNo employee development, terrible plant leadership teams, poor communication

Advice to Senior ManagementStart replacing many of your plant leaders. Invest in training and improve communication.

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGreat people and improving culture

ConsLean organization, not many opportunities.

Not a bad place to work, could be better.

ProsGood pay for the area.

ConsPoor culture, lack of leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people feel like you care about then they will move mountains. When they feel like you don't care they won't move a finger.

Pinnacle is a wonderful place to work

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsI love the flexibility and family oriented life style. Everyone is friendly and it feels like a small company even though it's not.

ConsPay scales are slightly unfair; difficult to advance; recently bought by Hillshire

Worked for Pinnacle Foods? Contribute to the Community!