Pinnacle Reviews

1. Leasing agent with pinnacle family of companies

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Mercer Island, WA
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Mercer Island, WA

I worked at Pinnacle

Pros

pinnacle provides a lot of training in the industry and will promOte from within. Also, they are located all over and allow you to transfer after 6 months of employment

Cons

Pinnacle is Not the highest paying large company when it comes to property management. They invest so much into their employees but experience high turn over when the employees realize how valuable their training has made them.

Advice to Management

Consider Paying your employees more competitively so that all of your investing in them will pay off. Leasing agents should have more incentive to stay in leasing. Otherwise theyll be searching for a manager position within 8 months. Also switch up schedules so leasing agents will have one saturday off every month.

Seriously Unethical

Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not a negative person by any means, but I find little positive to say about Pinnacle. While I do recognize that my experience was particular to a region and cannot be generalized to give an accurate representation of the company as a whole, the only pros I found at this job were decent pay and good benefits.

Cons

In my experience (and again, I realize this varies from region to region), this was the worst culture I have ever seen. I saw new employees thrown into their roles with absolutely no training (including myself), and upper management treated their employees like dirt. During my brief time at Pinnacle, I was shown little to no respect, told to set aside my integrity, instructed to lie to owners about what was going on at their properties, and expected to complete impossible tasks. As someone who not only values integrity but also has very successful work history and a strong resume, I was appalled by the way myself and my colleagues were treated and the conditions under which we were expected to work.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees. They are your brand ambassadors. By cultivating a miserable workplace for your employees, you are not only hurting them, but also yourself and your company. Unhappy employees don't want to be your brand ambassadors. Make them proud to work for you and you will see much better results.

Mar 30, 2015Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience with Pinnacle! We certainly take your feedback very seriously and will discuss the issues you have brought to light and make the appropriate ... More

3. Integrity is far worth more than any issues I have incountered.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm in the Houston area. RVP is 5 Star and Regional Mgr is 5 star! They are supportive and great at overcoming adversity with a smile on their face.

Cons

While we have struggled through many challenges with Pinnacles first large portfolio. There wasn't much that didn't go wrong. Better planning and following through. Salary is not the best. Hard to find good qualified people when your Asset Mgmt likes to pay chump change!

Advice to Management

As far as becoming a better company, the wheels are moving forward. As many problems and lack of covering all possible glitches needs improvement. However it was the ability that corporate and portfolios were willing to figure it out that empressed me most. There were times when no one new the answer, but by God we were going to all figure it out. For me , that makes all the Yardi, Yeildstar, ledgers ect, not so bad. The fact we can laugh vs crying at the point of going crazy makes it worth it. I truly feel like Pinnacle is a family. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Feb 9, 2015Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback! We certainly take every opportunity to learn and be better as a company. We are certainly glad you are part of the "family".

5. Good company.

I have been working at Pinnacle

Pros

Benefits, close knit community of coworkers.

Cons

Corporate environment, not enough vacation.

Feb 9, 2015Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We are so glad to have you as part of our team.

6. Great place!!!

I worked at Pinnacle full-time

Pros

Pinnacle is a Great company to work for. A great place to start your career at fresh out of college. I had plenty of opportunities while working.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Upper management was aware of the team and didn't ever make hasty decisions to lower moral.

Dec 22, 2014Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for the great feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We wish you success in your career and hope you will refer future employees our way.

7. A company with great culture and opportunities

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a fast pace environment but very rewarding as well. The leadership is very supportive and the culture has improved tremendously over the last year.

Cons

There are many new initiatives going on at all times to improve the work environment and various different departments, which is a great thing however it can be overwhelming at times for site level employees. Introduction of new policies and new technology needs to take place at a slower pace.

Advice to Management

Please improve the 401K retirement plan, it is not competitive.

Dec 16, 2014Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We are so glad to have you on our team. We appreciate your concerns about rolling out new technology at a fast pace ... More

8. Great Team!! Great Leadership!! All Around Amazing Company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Pinnacle

Pros

Finally a company that respects work- life balance. Upper management is supportive without micro-managing.

Cons

Not the best benefits- but at least we have them!

Advice to Management

Improve 401K

Dec 16, 2014Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We are so glad to have you on our team. We appreciate the feedback about the benefits and the 401(k) program.

9. Most unprofessional work experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My immediate supervisor was extremely nice but lacked a backbone.

Cons

I was hired and thrown into a position with no experience at that particular level and never received any training. I was unable to fulfill any of my duties as I was the lowest ranking manager and the other two always seemed too busy to take on the responsibility of unhappy residents. It took HR weeks to create my logins and approve my managerial access thus making my ability to do my job all the more difficult. After a personal injury, I came back to find I had been demoted and replaced in my absence and my pay was docked $7,500.00 a year. After resigning and voicing my concerns to HR, no one reached out to me until I called them again and left several voice-mails. I was told that because I was no longer an employee nothing would be done and their would be no repercussions.

Advice to Management

This company has great potential; however, I suggest you take a serious look at who you are hiring and even a more in depth look at some of your Regional Managers. Being told to sign a demotion paper or else I would be terminated immediately is not the way a company that cares for their employees acts. The attitude I received from HR after the whole experience was beyond unprofessional. My concern was that for it to never happen to another employee: NOT to remedy my situation as I was more than happy to leave Pinnacle.

Jan 9, 2015Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We are sorry to hear of your experience working at Pinnacle. We certainly take this feedback seriously and will be discussing internally to make sure the next employee has a better experience ... More

10. Property Manager

Current Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training and Leadership from my Regional Manager has been fantastic.

Cons

Some of the owners I have worked for make life difficult by not approving items that are needed to have a functioning property.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to be increased to keep a good staff member. Threats against staff by the residents should not be tolerated in anyway.

Dec 8, 2014Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle. We are so happy that you enjoy the training and leadership you have received from your RPM and are confident that will ... More

11. You Matter Here

I have been working at Pinnacle

Pros

Pinnacle makes great efforts to support, train and promote its Team Members. Employee appreciation, team building, mentor programs and a fun atmosphere all make Pinnacle a great place to call home.

Cons

Part of the Pinnacle cluture is searching for and rewarding high achievers, this doesn't mean there is not a life work balance but expect to be challenged.

Oct 27, 2014Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We truly value our team members and strive to provide an atmosphere where our employees grow personally and professionally ... More