Pinnacle Reviews

Reset
3.8
Pinnacle President and CEO Rick Graf
Rick Graf

Pros
  • In the event the property you work at is lost to another management company, it is easy to stay with Pinnacle and transfer to another community (in 2 reviews)

• Alot of corporate resources have been added and the company has stressed quality over growth (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance isn't the best (in 2 reviews)

• The investment managers are nice, but are reluctant to assist with issues dealing with property managers (in 2 reviews)

1. Beautiful 242 unit community!

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of nice people, great enviornment, great services and it's in Seattle!

Cons

Not as close to major retail stores, the area has its ups and downs compared to other parts of Seattle

Aug 17, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your great review discussing your experience working for Pinnacle. We're so glad to have you on the team!

2. Ups and downs

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that Pinnacle really gives the onsite manager a chance to do their job. They manage well without the need of a strict guideline by corporate. Competitive pay, rewards def show where they should. I've loved every single one of my coworkers as well as chain of command.

Cons

However, chain has a problem stepping in where and when they should. It has become very political. I definitely don't feel comfortable reaching out to chain of command if need be. After being with them so long, I put in my notice for better opportunity. Never have gotten in trouble, working on multiple properties (which I loved and was rewarded for) being the first called to help when needed. Vacation isn't vacation. You will still be called around the clock. This is where higher ups should fill in. But they don't. They really need to get management training on board to promote people within. Promoting is def there. But when you're boss is so busy, it's hard to get on track.

Advice to Management

Corporate, be more aware of what's going on in the properties. Care about your employees. It's a company. Understood. But their is more to a company then just worrying about financials. If you can't sustain a "family" environment, it could come back and bite you. I think this company would really succeed if corporate actually reached out to the employees to see if they were happy or not. But they never seem to care. Putting in my notice, not one person reached out to me and asked why, if I was happy or not, or what they could do to have me stay. (That is the FIRST time I've never been asked why my notice was put in)

Aug 10, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at Pinnacle! We are certainly disappointed to hear that you will no longer be apart of our team and will share the comments you shared with ... More

3. Not so good.

Current Employee - Leasing
    Current Employee - Leasing

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have good health insurance. Ok, base pay and ok commission structure. Have a lot properties therefore there are always hiring.

Cons

Horrible 401k plan. Property manager take advantage of their power. Closed doors, late arrival early arrival. Only looking out for themselves. The procedures and rules are all over the place. Communication sucks. Everyone has different instructions of how to do one simple task. Give small staff to big offices. Managers don't want properties in order to know what is available and not available. Their pricing program is useless and complicated (PopCard).

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on all your employees, the ones that work hard to get higher are not acknowledge and the ones that are already high, make sure that the ones below don't move up. The best way to say good job, is with monetary compensation, acknowledgement increase in positions. Organize and train staff properly, leaders should be teachers to be able to help their staff achieve success. Use programs that will help the staff be more successful and effective.

Aug 3, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback! We take your comments very seriously and will review internally.

5. Property Accountant

Former Employee - Property Accountant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Property Accountant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pinnacle is top of the property management industry, there are many opportunities within the company.

Cons

Owners of properties choose who will manage their properties, this means you can be working on a property one month and the next month laid-off if their is no property to re-locate you at.

Jul 13, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your great review about working at Pinnacle!

6. Worst Company ever

I worked at Pinnacle (More than 10 years)

Pros

Zero pros zero pros zero pros - pinnacle is not a good company bad reputation

Cons

Listed below...I've listed the cons below. From using staff to treating employees like crap!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees other than making up things to tear us down to try to drive us out! Throughout a very stressful transition the threats and interrogation of employees to backstab one another is atrocious! Pinnacle turned a fabulous place to work into an absolute nightmare! The management came in and their people were treated good while the rest of the staff were treated like crap. I felt bullied the entire time I worked for this company! Pinnacle hired me just to get through a takeover, basically, just using me until they brought their friends in. I'm very aware that this plan was in place from day one, which is the hardest to swallow since all the upper management was involved! I was treated horribly the entire time I was employed by them, harassed via text messages on leasing strategies and threats of losing our jobs. Never given a chance- literally talked at -not to, while files would get thrown on my desk not placed! Lunch was ordered for everyone while I was continuously excluded. The Manager made things up about my personality- just to try to get me out- she would reprimand me on overtime then turn around and say I'm not willing to work extra hours! This was the worst experience I've ever had with a Company! Stay away!

Aug 17, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We're so sorry to hear about the experience you had while working at Pinnacle. We certainly try to exceed expectations of our employees, residents and clients and are sorry to hear we missed the ... More

7. Always Improving!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the years I have worked for Pinnacle the support from corporate has consistently increased. Training has been completely revamped and there is open communication not only with the Regionals, but also with other sites in the portfolios. This company embraces change and team members are given the freedom to be themselves. There are a lot of opportunities for additional training and career growth.

Cons

There is still some "sink or swim" training as Regionals can be spread too thin. The support is there if your Regional is not available, but it's hard to know who to reach out to if you are new to the company.

Advice to Management

Insurance benefits should be better for a company this large. $300+ a pay period to cover a family is TOO MUCH for any site staff to be paying for basic coverage. Maternity leave pay needs to be better as well. Good site staff is hard to find and if by being fee management the additional compensation can't be added to the budget, then it should be made up for with the benefits.

Jun 29, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about working at Pinnacle! We are so glad you are part of the team.

8. Amazing Employee Culture

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not often that you find a great employee culture, especially at a national organization, but Pinnacle certainly has it! Fairly new to the company, I only have a few months of experience to speak to. Needless to say, these few months have been nothing less than exceptional. There is tremendous organization in all departments of the company, the employee culture is better than any I have experienced before (everyone I have spoken with loves working for Pinnacle), the atmosphere is fast-paced and fun, and I feel as though I really bring a lot to my team and the organization. Hard work and good performance is both recognized and rewarded! Overall, a tremendous company to work for.

Cons

Similar to many other jobs, workloads can be fairly large at times often resulting in additional hours working. Retirement benefits could be improved (however it sounds like these are coming).

Jun 29, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about working at Pinnacle! We are so glad you are a part of the team.

9. Maintenance Floater

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech Floater in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech Floater in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pinnacle part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I create my own schedule, floating around to other properties.

Cons

I have to find my own work. Sometimes ill go 1-6 months without work. Impossible to get a raise, even after 6 years.

Jul 13, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Pinnacle!

10. Leasing consultant

Former Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great benifits, and great commissions

Cons

Hourly rate low for all you do

Advice to Management

Pay people for what they do

11. what can I say!!!!

I worked at Pinnacle full-time

Pros

Big company with great benefits

Cons

Beware of the regionals, when they take over an asset they will clean house no matter what they will get all the info they can then dump you be warned if they take over as manager leave that very day

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers with criminal records and hide it from owners

Jul 20, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We are sorry to hear your feedback about our regionals. We certainly take this information seriously and will address accordingly. Thanks!

RSS Feed </> Embed