Pinnacle Reviews

Reset
4.0
Pinnacle President and CEO Rick Graf
Rick Graf

Pros
  • In the event the property you work at is lost to another management company, it is easy to stay with Pinnacle and transfer to another community (in 2 reviews)

• Alot of corporate resources have been added and the company has stressed quality over growth (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance isn't the best (in 2 reviews)

• The investment managers are nice, but are reluctant to assist with issues dealing with property managers (in 2 reviews)

1. Always Improving!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the years I have worked for Pinnacle the support from corporate has consistently increased. Training has been completely revamped and there is open communication not only with the Regionals, but also with other sites in the portfolios. This company embraces change and team members are given the freedom to be themselves. There are a lot of opportunities for additional training and career growth.

Cons

There is still some "sink or swim" training as Regionals can be spread too thin. The support is there if your Regional is not available, but it's hard to know who to reach out to if you are new to the company.

Advice to Management

Insurance benefits should be better for a company this large. $300+ a pay period to cover a family is TOO MUCH for any site staff to be paying for basic coverage. Maternity leave pay needs to be better as well. Good site staff is hard to find and if by being fee management the additional compensation can't be added to the budget, then it should be made up for with the benefits.

Jun 29, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about working at Pinnacle! We are so glad you are part of the team.

2. Property Accountant

Former Employee - Property Accountant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Property Accountant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pinnacle is top of the property management industry, there are many opportunities within the company.

Cons

Owners of properties choose who will manage their properties, this means you can be working on a property one month and the next month laid-off if their is no property to re-locate you at.

Jul 13, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your great review about working at Pinnacle!

3. Amazing Employee Culture

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not often that you find a great employee culture, especially at a national organization, but Pinnacle certainly has it! Fairly new to the company, I only have a few months of experience to speak to. Needless to say, these few months have been nothing less than exceptional. There is tremendous organization in all departments of the company, the employee culture is better than any I have experienced before (everyone I have spoken with loves working for Pinnacle), the atmosphere is fast-paced and fun, and I feel as though I really bring a lot to my team and the organization. Hard work and good performance is both recognized and rewarded! Overall, a tremendous company to work for.

Cons

Similar to many other jobs, workloads can be fairly large at times often resulting in additional hours working. Retirement benefits could be improved (however it sounds like these are coming).

Jun 29, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your feedback about working at Pinnacle! We are so glad you are a part of the team.

5. Maintenance Floater

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech Floater in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech Floater in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pinnacle part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I create my own schedule, floating around to other properties.

Cons

I have to find my own work. Sometimes ill go 1-6 months without work. Impossible to get a raise, even after 6 years.

Jul 13, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Pinnacle!

6. what can I say!!!!

I worked at Pinnacle full-time

Pros

Big company with great benefits

Cons

Beware of the regionals, when they take over an asset they will clean house no matter what they will get all the info they can then dump you be warned if they take over as manager leave that very day

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers with criminal records and hide it from owners

Jul 20, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We are sorry to hear your feedback about our regionals. We certainly take this information seriously and will address accordingly. Thanks!

7. The orginization I had been looking for!

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Pinnacle

Pros

Pinnacle has the benefit of a institutional property management firm's platform while maintaining the feel of a small family company. The resources and training opportunities are incredible. Each team member is treated as a valuable member of the organization. Senior leadership is caring, thoughtful and focused on creating a fantastic culture.

Cons

The 401K match is less than desirable.

Advice to Management

Revise the 401K match. Update the sick/vacation policy to a PTO program.

Jun 8, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Pinnacle! We truly appreciate the feedback and we'll make sure your comments on the 401(k) and PTO are shared with the executive team. Thanks!

8. An engaged organization which cares about its team members and the residents/clients they serve.

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time

Pros

Enterprise and market leading concepts including; revenue management, wellness programs, management by key performance indicators, all of which are complemented by a healthy amount of fun. Leadership at the RVP/Executive level is exceptional and is positioning the company well for future growth. The company has a solid track record of elevating/training talent (includes an Emerging Leaders program) and promoting from with in.

Cons

401k match is very low. Health insurance rates for team members with dependents is high.

Jun 1, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about employment with Pinnacle! We will certainly share your feedback about the 401(k) and health insurance premiums.

9. I LOVE Working Here!

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pinnacle full-time

Pros

Leadership understands that our business is a commodity and good employees could work anywhere. They make sure employees feel appreciated. For instance, one of my employees recently experienced a devastating loss. Executive leadership, Senior Leadership, other regions, and employees all stepped up to help this family through their situation. That kind of support and generosity cannot be replicated. Small successes are celebrated daily. Leadership takes the time to say "thank you" for a job well done. A positive work culture is encouraged and goals are implemented annually on what individual employees are going to do to contribute to a positive work environment. Pinnacle has resources available to assist in all facets of our positions from Construction Management, Purchasing, Marketing, Compliance, and Legal. There is always someone available to assist or support. I love coming to work everyday.

Cons

Health insurance is not the most affordable or best coverage, however this is pretty common today. Vacation not available until after 6 months.

Advice to Management

I am very proud of the progress that Pinnacle has made in the last 12 months. The increased support from Marketing has huge. Convert to PTO instead of sick/vacation time. Begin vacation accrual immediately upon hire, this is one area that we fall behind competing companies.

Jun 1, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you so much for your great feedback about your experience working for Pinnacle! We will certainly discuss your recommendations about health insurance and vacation/sick time.

10. Very bad experience working for this company.

Former Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Pinnacle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is not a good company to work for. I would do your research if you are considering employment.

Cons

I can only speak from my experience in Portland Oregon. Leadership there doesn't care about their employees and is only interested in landing the next deal. Very unprofessional and uncaring environment.

Advice to Management

This is a very bad company to work for in Portland. I am sure you do well in other areas, but there is something wrong with the people working in this area. Very bad experience and I am not the only one that has left and found a much better job due to treatment from the corporate office.

Jun 29, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

We are so sorry to hear about your experience working for Pinnacle in Portland. If you would like to share any details, please email me at jstaciokas@pinnacleliving.com. We appreciate the feedback ... More

11. Good

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pinnacle

Pros

Growth opportunities, growth in the Atlanta market

Cons

No onsite incentive for employees or employee appreciation

Jun 8, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Marketing and Training

Thank you for your feedback about working at Pinnacle! We'll make sure to share your feedback about onsite incentives and appreciation with our local team.

RSS Feed </> Embed