Pinnacle Technical Resources

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Nina Vaca-Humrichouse

Incredible Entrepreneurial Experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThis is an amazing company to work for if you have the drive required to be successful. There's an opportunity to grow, but you have to prove yourself. I find that everyone wants to be a huge success, but very few have the drive to achieve that success. If you're a hard working, determined and driven person then Pinnacle is probably a great fit. I have found that the CEO and her executive team all support individuals with ample opportunities to those who will embrace those opportunities fully.

ConsLike many entrepreneurial firms, Pinnacle is a victim of its own success. It has experienced exponential growth for years and is going through the growing pains expected with that phenomenal growth. However, the management team is investing heavily in the systems and processes to move us into the next chapter of Pinnacle's unique story.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and let's keep the Pinnacle heritage alive!

Excellent learning and growth opportunity - not for someone looking for an easy job.

ProsPinnacle provides ample opportunity for growth and development by allowing all employees to contribute to improvements, changes, and company success. Pinnacle welcomes new ideas and is an excellent environment for those that like a challenge and are self-motivated to succeed. I have never learned more in such a short period of time. Pinnacle has been a huge challenge, but I know I have learned skills that will be valuable for the rest of my career.

ConsPinnacle's greatest strength is at times it's greatest weakness. The company can be a little unstructured and at times chaotic. The pace is very fast which often means short deadlines and shifting priorities that sometimes can create frustration. The company culture also expects long work hours to deal with these periods of short deadlines. In general, if you find this type of environment motivating you will do very well - if you don't then this may not be the place for you.

Good Starting Point, Severe Growing Pains, and Unsettling Change resulting in a concerning Exodus

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat place to learn the basics of staffing, build a foundation, and learn about the challenges of the staffing industry from one end of the spectrum to the other. There are some really underrated and under-appreciated natural mentors/leaders in this firm who have made a much bigger impact to current and previous employees than they actually may realize.

ConsThose under-appreciated leaders I spoke of have had their mentorship and natural ability to build solid, and motivated recruiting teams, pieced apart for scraps, tossed in a corner, or reassigned to other functions that may or may not do the firm any actual good; by data-hound number crunching executives with no awareness of the actual humanistic aspects of staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnough with the closed door meetings about your struggles as leaders, learn to motivate, ditch the badge in system used by 5th grade schoolteachers and shipping docks. Learn to be transparent, recharge and re-motivate your natural and inspiring leaders. People who go from feeling like a valuable, and profitable contributor with a name to an unmotivated meaningless number in a matter of weeks does not bode well for retaining the production body of the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Dysfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining good and some of the people good.

ConsManagement not good at all. Very arrogant leadership and and no real interest in what others have to say. I believe their managemenr team had their training from watxhing boiler room. Horrible environmenr.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemote your current manager and put in people who actually care.

Grateful for the opportunity, but wouldn't go back!!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPeople you work with are great, they pay for you to participate in healthy activities, company sponsored events

ConsUpper doesn't listen to employee feedback, communication is horrible, commission is constantly incorrect!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees because you're losing the good ones quicker than you think! They used to love to work their and worked hard because of it! It used to be a tight nit group, almost like a family, and now you can feel the unhappiness in the office!

Great experience so far!

Campaign Project Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsPinnacle has been a great agency to work with! Valerie is very attentive, and throughout the hiring process, she was very informative & quick to guide me through the background checks, shared services, etc. My contract has been extended twice so far, and she's my biggest cheer leader with the client. Unfortunately I haven't signed on for their health insurance, so my review is limited to day-to-day only.

ConsAlthough I was told this would be a 40hr/wk job, it was lowered to 30hrs/wk within a month of starting. I can't complain though, I make a great hourly rate & work from home!

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good starter job

Recruiter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPinnacle is a great place to get your feet wet in the staffing industry.

ConsManagement is poor and communication is terrible throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more instead of just deciding how things should be according to your "research" and numbers.

Wonderful company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMy experience at Pinnacle so far has been very satisfying, good people and good opportunities! Communication about upcoming events and opportunities is very good. Employee involvement in community events is also encouraged if time permits. Facilities are always well maintained and the work environment is clean and safe.

ConsPay system instructions could be better sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people seem to be your best asset!

great learning experience, not a career

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosawesome training. fun people. great friends

Consburn out environment. very hardcore.

Advice to Senior Managementmanage people, not charts.

You are on your own

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey hired me for a temporary assignment. They paid me on time. I can't think of any others.

ConsIt was a struggle to supply all documents needed to hire me. It was a struggle to be input into their payroll system. It was a struggle to get a desk at my assignment location, and I ended up intervening. It was impossible to get feedback. Despite my pleas, after a while the site manager never assigned me any work. When I raised the issue after being accused of it being my fault (despite many emails and phone calls that went ignored), I was laid off. Stay away, especially if the assignment is with Anthem.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you know what the job is about. Make sure you know that the equipment and space is available for fulfilling the assignment. Make sure your employee has the support needed if something isn't right, like there is no work space or the employee is not receiving work assignments despite pleading with the site manager for them.

Worked for Pinnacle Technical Resources? Contribute to the Community!