Pinnacle Technical Resources

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014
2.9

Nina Vaca-Humrichouse

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at Pinnacle so far has been very satisfying, good people and good opportunities! Communication about upcoming events and opportunities is very good. Employee involvement in community events is also encouraged if time permits. Facilities are always well maintained and the work environment is clean and safe.

Cons

Pay system instructions could be better sometimes.

Your people seem to be your best asset!

great learning experience, not a career

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

awesome training. fun people. great friends

Cons

burn out environment. very hardcore.

manage people, not charts.

OK consulting company

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I cant think of any pros.

Cons

repeatedly lied to about getting PTO.

You are on your own

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hired me for a temporary assignment. They paid me on time. I can't think of any others.

Cons

It was a struggle to supply all documents needed to hire me. It was a struggle to be input into their payroll system. It was a struggle to get a desk at my assignment location, and I ended up intervening. It was impossible to get feedback. Despite my pleas, after a while the site manager never assigned me any work. When I raised the issue after being accused of it being my fault (despite many emails and phone calls that went ignored), I was laid off. Stay away, especially if the assignment is with Anthem.

Make sure you know what the job is about. Make sure you know that the equipment and space is available for fulfilling the assignment. Make sure your employee has the support needed if something isn't right, like there is no work space or the employee is not receiving work assignments despite pleading with the site manager for them.

Employees fending for themselves against their own group team and zero concern about improving service quality.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are many young workers, and this makes it fun to be there. You are allowed to work on your project if you have an idea and you are allowed to show it to your manager and test it. Benefits are ok. Many outdoor activities. The president of the company is highly motivating. Diversity is impressively welcomed, including sexual orientation.

Cons

Too many young workers also means very little experience on both the employee and the management side. Whereas the president motivates the workers during the quarterly events, all management at any lower level is very poor in motivating workers, but it is nonetheless very good at scapegoating its own responsibilities. This company makes you feel like everyone working within the company is in the business of being promoted by putting their feet on their peers' head rather than focusing on providing a quality service for the clients and building a true and cooperating work team. It is therefore given priority to flimsy little things like complaining about sending an extra email to another team member rather than making sure the person who needs to receive that information actually receives it by sending an extra email to ensure that quality is met. The big picture of giving a quality service is therefore overlooked, and this is probably the bottom line reason why there is such a high turn over. Many of the workers that have been hired have the same last names (!!!!). People quit because of low salary, poor training, very few incentives to stay within the company, and the increasing outsourcing of the jobs overseas. As soon as I quit, they outsourced my entire job overseas, to a country in the Middle East. It is useless for the higher management to apply for all those "Best place to work for" rallies if the entire body of workers live in fear and distrust of the whole organization. Do you want to see how two wolves eat each other for $2 increase in their hourly paycheck? This the the place to be!

Training and motivating is the key. This company makes its employees live in fear and it forces its workers to fend for themselves against their own team group. The statement of the CEO "Put your client first" has been neither understood nor implemented within the company, as of today.

High Turnover, Low Morale, Treated Employees Poorly, Stressful, Lots of Distrust of Employees

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incentives, Company would hold lots of activities where they offered food. Young staff. Most in early to mid 20's where I worked. Even mgmt.Old would have been in your 30's.

Cons

High Turnover, Low Morale, Treated Employees Poorly, Inexperienced Management, Company routinely did what I would call "writeup drives"and force its mgmt to find reasons to write up each employee to pad their files in case it could be used against them later. Then when work became slow, mgmt would routinely fire people for cause finding minor mistakes and then the company would fight their unemployment. The company terminated over 20 people in one week when work got slow but found a reason to terminate them all even though they were decent and solid employees with excellent numbers. There was no job security. People worked in fear. There was a lot of stress. The company also forced us all to sign a form agreeing to take a $4 dollar pay cut.

Invest In the Employees and you won't have a 50% to 60% turnover. Treat people fairly. Cultivate an atmosphere of mutual respect.

its alright

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources

Pros

good relationships with some people

Cons

also bad relationships with others

more efficiency needed in some cases

Pinnacle is the worst consulting firm in the world. Bar none.

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources

Pros

About the only good thing about Pinnacle is they leave me alone.

Cons

Pinnacle is worthless. They never call, they never check on me. They barely even know who I am. They are completely detached from my day to day activities. I barely receive any communication from them, and they consistently manage to screw up things.

Would it hurt for you to call once in a while?

Great Company

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources

Pros

Quick to respond and prompt. Made submitting for a position quick.

Cons

Other than, that they don't have a large presence in Dallas, I can't think of anything else.

Not Bad.... Not Great

Former Employee - Human Resources/Pension Analyst
    Former Employee - Human Resources/Pension Analyst

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources

Pros

Competitive salary & good benefits.

Cons

No feedback on performance. Recruiter did not return phone calls or respond to emails in a timely fashion. Very poor system for calling off and requesting time off - had to leave voice mail or send email to recruiter who did not promptly follow-up with supervisor at ACS. Recruiter was not proactive to ensure contract was extended before it expired.. Once contract was done, recruiter did nothing to assist in finding another position.

Pinnacle Technical Resources Photos