Pinnacle Technical Resources Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Very Happy I Stayed

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ill be honest. I came here a little while ago from another company. A couple people in particular had some pretty bad stuff to say (except for one they are no longer here). They even showed me what they had written on this site and asked me to do same. But I was pretty new and didnt want to mess with it. So at first I was really worried I had made a bad decision about working here. I knew similar complainer types at my last job and so I decided to just stick it out. Bottom line I am very happy that I did. Basically most of those people are gone like I said. And since then Ive gotten to know other people and also made sure I looked into some of the stuff they warned me about (like commisions and burdens). All I know is that whatever they were complaining about I havent seen it. Im making good money compared to my last job and its pretty obvious how to make more (get more hires, get higher spreads, this isnt brain surgury). Mostly I'm just happy to be at a company where I think the leadership is checked in. We had a big party recently and our CEO had a pretty cool "come to Jesus" type of talk with us. I was surprised bc I hadnt seen that before, so I thought that was cool.

Cons

There are cons at every company. People need to get real. I've worked at other places, and what I'm finding out is that a lot of people here havent bc pinnacle hires a lot of people out of college. All I will say is that don't let the haters convince you of anything you cant see yourself. And also a job not a party. As long as you are making good money, know where your headed, and enjoy most of the people you work with you will not get a lot better than that.

Advice to Management

I would say you gotta talk to us more. Little too much sitting in offices and having meetings with clients and each other. you need to talk to us "common folks" a little more.

2. Exceptional work environment...work with and learn from passionate and dedicated employees!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and dedicated management, great training and exposure to new technologies and state-of-the-art tolls made available, life balance and healthy living encouragement!

Cons

No stand out cons whatsoever...empty coffee pot and other complaints that I have had with any company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your mentoring and inspirational enthusiasm....it is contagious and makes for a superb workplace environment everyday

3. Incredible Entrepreneurial Experience

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for if you have the drive required to be successful. There's an opportunity to grow, but you have to prove yourself. I find that everyone wants to be a huge success, but very few have the drive to achieve that success. If you're a hard working, determined and driven person then Pinnacle is probably a great fit. I have found that the CEO and her executive team all support individuals with ample opportunities to those who will embrace those opportunities fully.

Cons

Like many entrepreneurial firms, Pinnacle is a victim of its own success. It has experienced exponential growth for years and is going through the growing pains expected with that phenomenal growth. However, the management team is investing heavily in the systems and processes to move us into the next chapter of Pinnacle's unique story.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and let's keep the Pinnacle heritage alive!

5. Excellent learning and growth opportunity - not for someone looking for an easy job.

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Pinnacle provides ample opportunity for growth and development by allowing all employees to contribute to improvements, changes, and company success. Pinnacle welcomes new ideas and is an excellent environment for those that like a challenge and are self-motivated to succeed. I have never learned more in such a short period of time. Pinnacle has been a huge challenge, but I know I have learned skills that will be valuable for the rest of my career.

Cons

Pinnacle's greatest strength is at times it's greatest weakness. The company can be a little unstructured and at times chaotic. The pace is very fast which often means short deadlines and shifting priorities that sometimes can create frustration. The company culture also expects long work hours to deal with these periods of short deadlines. In general, if you find this type of environment motivating you will do very well - if you don't then this may not be the place for you.

Nearly 100% turnover in one year

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources

Pros

I cannot think of one pro having worked at this company.

Cons

I am not sure what benefits are being evaluated by another post but when I left the company had changed our Health Insurance to a HSA plan. I was paying nearly $800.00 per month for me and one dependent to basically not have insurance. This company is a woman and minority owned company but there is not one minority on the Executive Team (aside from family) If your going to talk the talk then walk the walk......Also, there is no leadership at this company; the atmosphere is poor and cut throat. There has nearly been 100% turnover at this company in one year from the Executive level down to recruiting. They are also losing huge contracts due to poor performance.

Advice to Management

My advice to management......start treating your employees like they mean something to you. Your quarterly kick off speeches would be more heartfelt is there was some action behind it. Talk to your employees and listen to what they have to say. Open your eyes....if everyone is leaving then you have a serious problem.

7. Good Starting Point, Severe Growing Pains, and Unsettling Change resulting in a concerning Exodus

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Great place to learn the basics of staffing, build a foundation, and learn about the challenges of the staffing industry from one end of the spectrum to the other. There are some really underrated and under-appreciated natural mentors/leaders in this firm who have made a much bigger impact to current and previous employees than they actually may realize.

Cons

Those under-appreciated leaders I spoke of have had their mentorship and natural ability to build solid, and motivated recruiting teams, pieced apart for scraps, tossed in a corner, or reassigned to other functions that may or may not do the firm any actual good; by data-hound number crunching executives with no awareness of the actual humanistic aspects of staffing.

Advice to Management

Enough with the closed door meetings about your struggles as leaders, learn to motivate, ditch the badge in system used by 5th grade schoolteachers and shipping docks. Learn to be transparent, recharge and re-motivate your natural and inspiring leaders. People who go from feeling like a valuable, and profitable contributor with a name to an unmotivated meaningless number in a matter of weeks does not bode well for retaining the production body of the organization.

Grateful for the opportunity, but wouldn't go back!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

Pros

People you work with are great, they pay for you to participate in healthy activities, company sponsored events

Cons

Upper doesn't listen to employee feedback, communication is horrible, commission is constantly incorrect!

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees because you're losing the good ones quicker than you think! They used to love to work their and worked hard because of it! It used to be a tight nit group, almost like a family, and now you can feel the unhappiness in the office!

9. Very Dysfunctional

I worked at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Training good and some of the people good.

Cons

Management not good at all. Very arrogant leadership and and no real interest in what others have to say. I believe their managemenr team had their training from watxhing boiler room. Horrible environmenr.

Advice to Management

Demote your current manager and put in people who actually care.

10. Good starter job

I have been working at Pinnacle Technical Resources full-time

Pros

Pinnacle is a great place to get your feet wet in the staffing industry.

Cons

Management is poor and communication is terrible throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more instead of just deciding how things should be according to your "research" and numbers.

11. Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

My experience at Pinnacle so far has been very satisfying, good people and good opportunities! Communication about upcoming events and opportunities is very good. Employee involvement in community events is also encouraged if time permits. Facilities are always well maintained and the work environment is clean and safe.

Cons

Pay system instructions could be better sometimes.

Advice to Management

Your people seem to be your best asset!

RSS Feed </> Embed