www.pinnacol.com

CEO

Good

Current Employee - Safety Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Safety Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pinnacol full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Education Assistance, Wellness Program, Health, Vision and Dental benefits.

Cons

Salary is deflated because this company promotes gain sharing, a type of bonus structure, and deposits funds into CO STATE PERA.

Assure vision, values and core beliefs are understood by all staff. Enforce policies consistently.

New CEO making too many changes

I have been working at Pinnacol

Pros

Great coworkers. Great building. Nice benefits.

Cons

Too many initiatives happening all at once. New CEO has focus on health care which is outside of our core mission. Too much turnover. Some of our best leaders have left in the past few months. Half of the executive team is gone. Our old CEO needed to go but not sure new guy is right either.

Focus on our fundamentals and providing the best workers compensation services in the state to our customers. We are financially sound and don't need new products and don't think the state would let us do that anyway. Be upfront with plans for PERA.

Don't come here

I have been working at Pinnacol

Pros

Benefits, not a lot of pressure to meet new business goals

Cons

Management will not have your back and can't be trusted. The turnover is really high because people dont like all the chang that is going on all at once. The pay is terrible. New employees are not trained and people are not helpfull. Bad morall, bad environment. Pinnacol allows both agents and employees to behave badly, sometimes I feel like I work in some redneck bar with the language these people use in a professional environment

Senior managent listen to people and notice there are a lot of people leaving this company. That should tell you something people are upset . Also stop lying to new hires saying you will train them. Thats not true new hires are set up to fail.

Was once a great place to work

I have been working at Pinnacol

Pros

Started out as a great company... Good benefits, amazing pension plan. Stable job, hardly any layoffs.

Cons

It used to be the culture that made this company. Now everyone is stressed out and over worked. Does anyone even know what the culture is anymore? Management just does not get it. There is no trust and there are too many changes happening. As a result we are losing talent. People, including myself, are staying for the pension.

Listen to your employees at all levels, there is too much going on at one time. The majority of people in the company are looking for a job, or will be once they hit their service years.

Exceeding Expectations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pinnacol full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic work-life balance
    Company truly wants every person to succeed
    Culture is supportive, helpful and very friendly
    Benefits are very good

Cons

Lowry building is away from freeways making commute a little bit of a challenge
    Pace can be show for somebody coming from a fast paced environment

Do whatever necessary to keep Pinnacol at the top of Colorado work comp while maintaining the culture. It is second to none in the Denver area.

Overall, a well put together company that employs people who care about their work and the people they work with.

I worked at Pinnacol as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Work-life balance
    -Friendly co-workers
    -Great tone at the top

Cons

-Not a high potential for growth

Challenging, stable and friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pinnacol full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since graduating from college ten years ago, I've had several employers. I've been at Pinnacol for the last three years, and they'll have to fire me to get me to leave. They treat their employees incredibly well, from incentives to participate in a wellness program to solid benefits to great educational opportunities. My supervisor is confidence-worthy and knows how to manage a team, and I'm surrounded by very talented people.

Cons

Workers' comp is not the most sexy industry to be a part of, and the company took some hits to its reputation that it is still trying to repair.

Management is changing right now, and we're optimistic about the future.

They Keep Asking for Feedback, Yet Nothing is Ever Done With it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pinnacol full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits (time off is generous), my immediate team, wellness program, employees do believe in helping injured workers get the care they need.

Cons

The future of the company is not known so employees seem to be uneasy. Management is not doing a good job of selling how separating from the state of Colorado would be good for employees. It seems like we would just be losing PERA, which is a big reason why so many employees have worked there for 20-30 years. Although the time off is generous, most people can't take the time off because there is too much work and not enough employees (do more with less).

I have just finished responding to the 10th employee survey in the past several years. We used to get the results and executives and teams would need to come up with action plans to work on things. It seems like when they started to not like getting the feedback, they stopped reporting it. Employees see right through this. Stop asking employees for feedback when you don't want to change what your doing.

As far as a wonderful place to work, Pinnacol is one of the best kept secrets in Colorado

I have been working at Pinnacol

Pros

People care about what they are doing and they care about each other. We work in teams that really live up to the term. We have all the resources necessary to be very good at what we do. Pinnacol is a Colorado-based company with its headquarters in Denver so wehave all the corporate resources that most companies in Colorado have at their headquarters out of state.

Cons

As a quasi-public company with some ties remaining to the state there is sometimes political confusion and media scrutiny that impacts us but by and large morale remains very strong.

Pinnacol reallsy has earned its recognition as one of America's Best Places to Work!

Current Employee - General in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - General in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pinnacol

Pros

Great people who take their work seriously and are committed to doing a great job and delivering outstanding service to our customers.

Cons

Sometimes to move two steps forward the company still has to take a step back. It would be nice to just take the two steps forward.

Be careful with changes to the company. There is a tremendous amount of things that are "right" about the company, and changes should be made cautiously to not make things worse.

Pinnacol Photos