Pioneer Center for Human Services

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patrick Maynard

Pioneer is an amazing organization that helps many people who really need help.

Job Placement Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a great place to work because of the satisfaction that comes with helping people. Everyone that works here has a great attitude and kind personality.

ConsThere is not much downside to working at Pioneer except for the fact that it is a non-profit and is funded by the State.

Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch.

ProsI work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

ConsThe pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.

Clients disrespected, at the centers. We`re just cheap labor !!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLittle, some $, review of causing stress and animosity ( 5 *`s+ )

ConsWe are takin advantage of, WE ARE NOT NONPROFIT.
    Who checks, holds staff performance evals should be fired immediatly. TELL the board of directors to send FEMA....this place is a disaster !!!
    Send the coroner also, employment specialist l.r. is brain dead.
    Got 1 * because answer required response. Employment specialist was completly ineffective in causing positive results,conversations,actions.Made absurdly no attempt at corrections,humility or understanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard of Directors: PULL THE PLUG

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClients, benefits, paid time off, mission and vision

ConsEverything else. Most (new) management seem to be out of touch with reality (financially and otherwise). Little respect of employees from most management. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fix it if it's not broken.

Former Administration employee

Former Administration (Current Employee) McHenry, IL

ProsThe Organization has a good mission, trying to help the unfortunate. MI, Homeless, substance abuse.

ConsThe organizations spend money on things they don't really need, because someone gave them a grant or donation.. Don't plan out more than current year, if that, and is a pipedream.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together or move on.

Unorganized.

Therapist (Former Employee) Woodstock, IL

ProsThere is room for employees to have separate offices, flex hours and benefits.

ConsThere is extreme disorganization, lack of professionalism and therapist burn out. It is basically a medicaid billing mill and the therapy comes second.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on team building, improving management communication, focusing on therapy, not scheduling clients back to back and respecting your employee's time.

Worked for Pioneer Center for Human Services? Contribute to the Community!