Pioneer Center for Human Services

Awesome team

Current Employee - Supervisory in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisory in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time

Pros

Flexibility in schedule, supportive management, decent pay for not-for-profit, clients make you smile, lots of room to grow

Cons

Coordinating schedules & having too many cooks in the kitchen at times. Lack of policies for guidance

Work on clear procedures/guidelines for admits & discharges

MANAGEMENT NEEDS MORE PASSION FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES!!

Former Employee - Case Manager in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in McHenry, IL

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and great Co workers

Cons

No proper training No compassion for employees who need advice or stress release and drilling into their employees that they should never befriend a co worker

Show more compassion, don't use employees questions against them....step into the shoes of your employee before judging them

Underpaid & Understaffed

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time

Pros

Some pros of working at Pioneer: Paid time off, trainings, and independence on the job.

Cons

Some of the cons of working at Pioneer: Low pay compared to other organizations, understaffed, poor communication, disorganized, and lots of talk about change with little to no delivery.

If upper management was truly interested in the input of staff-show them and do something about it rather than rationalize or defend the companies position. Act as those working in the positions who are doing the hands on work are part of the team as well. Utilize the funds in other area such as in the grass roots of the company rather than in administration. Line up salaries with what is current. Provide more trainings that actually will benefit staff in their position than what is just procedure.

Clients disrespected, at the centers. We`re just cheap labor !!!

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services

Pros

Little, some $, review of causing stress and animosity ( 5 *`s+ )

Cons

We are takin advantage of, WE ARE NOT NONPROFIT.
    Who checks, holds staff performance evals should be fired immediatly. TELL the board of directors to send FEMA....this place is a disaster !!!
    Send the coroner also, employment specialist l.r. is brain dead.
    Got 1 * because answer required response. Employment specialist was completly ineffective in causing positive results,conversations,actions.Made absurdly no attempt at corrections,humility or understanding.

Board of Directors: PULL THE PLUG

Very disappointed

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clients, benefits, paid time off, mission and vision

Cons

Everything else. Most (new) management seem to be out of touch with reality (financially and otherwise). Little respect of employees from most management. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Don't fix it if it's not broken.

Former Administration employee

Current Employee - Former Administration in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Former Administration in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Organization has a good mission, trying to help the unfortunate. MI, Homeless, substance abuse.

Cons

The organizations spend money on things they don't really need, because someone gave them a grant or donation.. Don't plan out more than current year, if that, and is a pipedream.

Get your act together or move on.

Unorganized.

Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL
    Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is room for employees to have separate offices, flex hours and benefits.

Cons

There is extreme disorganization, lack of professionalism and therapist burn out. It is basically a medicaid billing mill and the therapy comes second.

Work on team building, improving management communication, focusing on therapy, not scheduling clients back to back and respecting your employee's time.

Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch.

Pros

I work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

Cons

The pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Get rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.

Pioneer is an amazing organization that helps many people who really need help.

Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist
    Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services

Pros

This is a great place to work because of the satisfaction that comes with helping people. Everyone that works here has a great attitude and kind personality.

Cons

There is not much downside to working at Pioneer except for the fact that it is a non-profit and is funded by the State.