Pioneer Credit Recovery

Jack Frazier

Challenging

Former Employee - Debt Collector  in  Perry, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Perry, NY

Pros

Exceptional co-workers who are great to work with; very competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Work load can be very heavy at times and can be an extremely stressful environment. Hours not beneficial for family.

Better hours for workers, lower goals.

Nobody wants to work here. They work here when all else fails. It's the last resort.

Former Employee - Collector  in  Arcade, NY
    Former Employee - Collector in Arcade, NY

Pros

It's a job anybody can get. If you can warm a chair, they'll hire you because they need to fill the chair somebody else left yesterday.

Cons

You'll be treated like a stupid dog. Your boss will be dumber than you. And there is no possibility to advance. The next step is occupied by a perminant order taker or by someone willing to do or flirt with the boss. Bonus' are not achievable and change retroactive if they're are met. The vast magority don't get what is promised. It's the carrot scenerio. This company will destroy your family and steal your dreams. They will own you like a slave.

Get a clue. Employees hate you.

I had to take depression medication to continue working there

Former Employee - Collector I in Perry, NY

Pros

You will gain lots of experience dealing with pressure that is out of your control. You will learn how to tolerate uneducated people talking down to you. If you live in the rural western NY area, this is one of the few jobs that will pay above minimum wage without the cost of gas to drive to a more populated area. Overall not many pros unless you care about making money only and do not have or want a moral compass.

Cons

This company creates a back stabbing disgusting environment among co-workers. You work on teams to collect debt, but the structure is designed to compete against your own team mates as well as other teams hence the environment is never friendly, or flat out phony. Most employees are from the under exposed one light, one horse towns nearby with their highest level of education being high school. Unless you come from that and do not seek to leave the area, its very hard to deal with. I actually ran into my manager shopping at the local supermarket in flannel pajamas.
    You are micro managed with a manager yelling at you if a minute goes by without making a phone call. You will be fired if collection minimums are not met which sometimes force workers to take desperate meassures to get debtors to pay or enter rehab program. Commission is earned on number of accounts resolved, collectors are trained to set up payment plans that are clearly not feasible based on debtor's financial status. I hated the person I had to become to keep this job. If you are a money grubbing, self centered individual, then you will fit right in with the structure of this company.

None: welcome to corporate America, I hope you sleep at night with the digusting human beings you culivate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A learning experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arcade, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcade, NY

Pros

Fast paced and times goes quickly

Cons

No set structure in the work requirements or position duties; low pay

Unwanted

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked

Former Employee - Collector I in Perry, NY

Pros

They will hire almost anyone and provide training that you can then take to a competitor for higher salary and better benefits.

Cons

Work you like a slave. Fire people at the drop of a hat. Write people up to prevent them from getting their full commissions each month. Make you work an early day right after a late night. Just do not care about employees. You even have to buy all your own office supplies! Management filled with bully types. Just awful.

Get some management training.

Good pay for the limited experience the company hires, but they work you like a slave

Former Employee - Collector I  in  Arcade, NY
    Former Employee - Collector I in Arcade, NY

Pros

Pay, benefits, some good people you work with

Cons

two-face people, annoying managers, micro-managed

Unemployment is a better option

Former Employee - Collector  in  Arcade, NY
    Former Employee - Collector in Arcade, NY

Pros

Turn over is so high that anybody with a GED gets hired. Many of the people here went to the same high school. Its in a small depressed country town so the cost of living is low.

Cons

You are treated like you are stupid and owned. Every second of every work day you are threatened with the loss of your job. Its an endless cycle of fighting your work mates for a buck with no chance of advancement. The system is set up so that doing better than average requires you to take accounts from friends. Management doesn't care about people. They'll replace you with a high school drop out tomorrow.

You can't give advice to people who don't care about people. They treat you like a machine that will break at any moment to be replaced by another. It must be working for them. Hope they're getting rich because they're hurting people to get it.

A miserable place to work with no chance of advancement.

Current Employee - Collector I  in  Arcade, NY
    Current Employee - Collector I in Arcade, NY

Pros

Its like that old saying, "we're all in the same boat". There are lots of good people who work here, but only because they have too. At least I always know I'm in the same boat with them. My peers make my shift tolerable.

Cons

I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing at any given moment. They change thier minds at least a couple times a day. Managers don't know waht they're doing either. They just wait for someone from some office to bark out an order. We are encouraged to steal other people's accounts, but if we take one that has not been worked from one of thier "pets" we are threated. You just can't win and hard work isn't going to help. "Pets" don't work and have good accounts handed to them. Women are treated like meat by good ol boys that have been place in management positions because they go with the flow. Managers can't manage and don't respect people.

This company will suck the life out of you!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Arcade, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Arcade, NY

Pros

If you have to work to pay the bills, Pioneer can help pay some bills. If you can lower yourself to being a company stooge and are willing to suffer the indignity of treating your staff like crap, managing at Pioneer may be your perfect fit.

Cons

Our CEO, our VPs , our directors, and our SCMs are all friend and family placed. None have leadership quality. None have any clue how to communicate direction or a plan for the future. We are taught to insult and threaten our staffs in an effort to increase productivity. We are told to encourage our collectors to steal their peers accounts. And we are told to reward them with praise when they do. We make them our top collectors when they are willing to steal the work of their "team mates". And we must eliminate the honest members of the "team". We are told to over promise bonus' we know we will never pay out. If you want a career in management because you believe you have the skills required to lead, don't work here! Leadership is not taught here. There are no teachers to teach it.

Your method sucks! This is not the way I was taught to treat people. You're sucking the life out of me. Please fire me so I can collect unemployment while I search the country for a better place to learn and grow.

Interesting. Potential compensation is over stated.

Former Employee - Collector I in Perry, NY

Pros

Interesting people, most under 35. A lot of regulations and they don't show favorites with that if you make a mistake. High turn over - not everyone can stand the pressure. Goals start out slow and build up over 4 months which helps.

Cons

Potential bonus/compensation is not as high as years ago. You can make good money if consistent.

Worked for Pioneer Credit Recovery? Contribute to the Community!