Pioneer Investment Management

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel K. (Dan) Kingsbury

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Pretty good depending on which department and which manager.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsDecent compensation and positive overall culture.

ConsNo enough opportunity for advancement in (IT).

I experienced a long, rewarding career with plenty of opportunities to grow professionally.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat culture with strong work/life balance. Great group of smart, dedicated colleagues who strive to make Pioneer a employer of choice.

ConsForeign parent company didn't for autonomy. A lot of parent company CEO turnover didn't allow for a consistent strategic message both internally and tot he external marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible to and mindful of your associates.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Web Designer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat Team: I was brought on as a consultant with the Online Marketing Department. It was a great team. I really liked my boss, he was positive and encouraging and always appreciative.

Project Quality: While there will always be some bureaucracy, the quality of the projects I was assigned was pretty high. Unlike many previous jobs, I felt like most of what I did was worth doing.

Location: I consider this the best location in Boston. Just a few minutes walk from any T line. The back door of 60 State is Quincy Market. There are high-end bars and take-out lunch restaurants all over the place.

Social Events: I was at Pioneer for 4 months, and I think there was a free beer/wine night about once a month.

Activism: As a consultant, I didn't indulge, but there were regular opportunities for group volunteering. It seemed like there was an active culture of community involvement.

ConsAs is typical in a large, old company, there are a lot of management that would rather philosophize endlessly than make decisions. That combined with project deadlines was probably the only real hardship. I did work some crazy late nights to compensate, but it wasn't the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdequate time, resources, and personnel will ensure better execution of big initiatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Benefits, Sales and Investments Focused, Weak Compensation Packages

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat Benefits, smaller company with access and exposure to many areas of the firm especially if you are in Sales and Marketing. Great Location. Mid level mgmt is good. The employees all really like each other.

ConsWeak Compensation Packages - If you are not an external wholesaler plan for the expectations that you are a sales professional without the benefits of a sales-type income. Lack of direction, and leadership from upper management team.

Company that cares about their workers..

Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prosgreat work/life balance; company truly cares about the well-being of their employees.

Conslow wages and not a lot of career opportunities within the firm.

Great place to work, good people, energetic sales environment

Regional Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPioneer motivates and incentivizes its employees to strive to high standards. Good people, honest place to work and to grow

ConsOpportunity for growth is somewhat limited, not a large amount of cross pollination among different departments within the organization, small company

Advice to Senior ManagementPioneer motivates and incentivizes its employees to strive to high standards. Good people, honest place to work and to grow

Great career development, boring job

Risk Management (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsA very personable group of people work at Pioneer. HR does a good job nurturing young talent and training was very well appreciated. One gets to interact with upper management occasionally, and good work is often rewarded.

ConsThe work itself was quite boring. There are few chances for creative problem solving. A lot of it was reconciling between two different departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Try and challenge your employees to solve problems in a more dynamic and creative way.

Unspectacular place to work

Fund Accountant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe job and environment offer an easy work/life balance, but the compensation and opportunities to move to more lucrative areas in the company are limited.

ConsDifficult to move to other areas of the company. Difficult to be promoted. Promotions are based more on timing and seniority then meritocracy and can be extremely frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize top performers better and differentiate them from the lower performers through better pay.

slow and steady = good

Anon (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prostrue to ideals of fundamental investing
    generous benefits

Constrying to be too many things

Advice to Senior Managementlimit scope of product offerings

I great place to work if you're not looking for a challenging environment

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsManagement is respectful, people are very nice, work is not stressfull at all. Laid back attitude. Great benefit package, great location in town.

ConsThere are very few people who are doing the challenging work, most others are riding the wave and it's ok with most managers. If you are competitive, like to be challenged constantly and are open to change and new perspectives this is not the place for you. People will look at you like something is wrong because you are looking for opport. to move forward. Never mind if you try to challenge the status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIre and try to retain more critical thinkers and aggressive careerists, it will ultimately help the bottom line!

Worked for Pioneer Investment Management? Contribute to the Community!