Pioneer Natural Resources

Pioneer Natural Resources Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Pioneer Natural Resources Chairman and CEO Scott D. Sheffield

Scott D. Sheffield

ProsOverall a very good company where you can grow and develop a career. very supportive culture and great work/life balance

Consdon't have any negative aspects so far

Great company to work for, will let you grow in the fields you like.

ProsFlexible work schedule, great compensation

ConsLimited growth opportunity as the company is relatively small

Revenue Accountant

Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) Midland, TX

ProsBenefits, people, the family environment, and everything that's done to help community out wherever you work. Middle management was always willing to help out

ConsSome ppl felt they were paid low in their base salary but the bonus and stock incentive definitely made up for the difference

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company to work for, w/ a positive attitude

Drill Site Manager (Current Employee) Midland, TX

ProsVery Professional, safety attitudes, & Team Players,

ConsNot really no Cons, except. sometime lack of hand over notes.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to let personal of lay offs before you just drop the ball on them, and why are you laying off people that are doing the correct work, and the other ones, that are not doing the work,
    Like me, I attended every safety meeting, on Rig # 224, and the day personal never attended a single 1.
    Check the Sidewinder safety sheets.

Great experience at Pioneer

Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExciting projects
    Terrific people
    Excellent benefits
    Challenging work keeps you on your toes.

ConsCan be stressful, but rewarding once project is completed.
    Sometime strategic goals of the company do not coincide with some of the tactical decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

“looks good on paper”

Geoscientist (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPay, Some very smart individuals working to merge technical ability with economic outcomes, Permian Basin asset and a Denver office. Work-life-balance and work environment can be tremendous, depending on department and middle-management. There are some very high quality managers in the company who are exceptional at navigating corporate chaff and maintaining focus on long term goals.

ConsManagement drives many inefficiencies and has a very top-down approach to career development. This heavily influences opportunities for career growth. Department specific tendency for some to become protective of their "areas of expertise". Increasingly uniform academic diversity. Communication within this company is exceptionally poor with some exceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAutocratic perspectives and micromanagement abound. Take a bit more laissez faire approach and let your employees show you what they can do rather than dictate what they will do, and worst, what they are to discover.

Unbelievable experience

Finance/Accounting (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWage, free lunch, moving stipend, free personal trainers, awesome employees, great place to work (#2 company in dallas)

Consno negatives to this company. Everything about it is awesome and the outlook of the company is very good as well

Growing company that appreciates its employees and values cooperation while still encouraging intelligent risk-taking.

ProsProvides plenty of training opportunities and supports employees who want to further their education at night. Flexible work schedule, good benefits package including employee stock purchase plan, 401(k) matching, and bonuses.

ConsWhen the price of oil fluctuates, projects can be shelved quickly, making for a very dynamic environment for planning. Uses a lot of contractors for areas outside of their main expertise which can provide unique challenges for support teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job, keep it up.

Best company i have ever worked for!

Procurement (Current Employee) Midland, TX

Pros200% 401K match, up to 5% of salary. Take care of employees. Low premiums for medical insurance, company pays the majority. Rolled over years of service from previous company. Yearly Bonuses and Stock awards. Gym on Premises.

ConsI can not think of any at the moment, will update when one arises. less than a year of service with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Fantastic Benefits..typical office politics

Prosbenefits are unbeatable... 200% matching 401k..tons of opportunities for raises, bonuses, and vacation

Consfavoritism for advancement and transfers

Worked for Pioneer Natural Resources? Contribute to the Community!