Pioneers Reviews

Steve Richardson
1 Rating

1. Relational, Partnership Focused, & Empowering Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Pioneers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Pioneers for over 10 years and it has been a deep breath of fresh air. I have worked in ministry for over 25 years and industry for 10. There is an abundance of talk regarding a relational work environment and how ministries and industry desire to empower members and workers to experiment and create new ideas and pathways. I have found much of that talk to be relatively hollow when tested in my previous ministry and business dealings. Not so my experience with Pioneers. Ministry relationships and interactions have their own set of unique challenges and difficulties. Even with those challenges I have found the leadership, staff, & field workers striving to honor Pioneers core values, vision, and mission with integrity and passion.

Cons

No organization, church, or business is the perfect working environment. When you have a less "top down leadership" ministry style and are given levels of freedom within a scope of ministry like Pioneers it can be frustrating at times for someone looking for direction. Question is what sort of environment do you best thrive in - the definition of what it means to be a Pioneer should be a clue.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a listening, grace filled, partnering vision and remain true to the mission of sending workers to the "Unreached". Please keep alive the relational environment that has been a hallmark of your movement!

Excellent mission agency that does not do top down management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Creative, flexible, upg centric, God centric, flat organization which encourages participatory leadership and values, committed reliable leaders with a passion for what they do best.

Cons

Lots of rope to newbies leaving some to flounder. Not much constructive input/ training for their organizational objectives. Yet this is changing.

Advice to Management

Thank-you for being a gracious organization that does impact upg's. I wish that the leadership core was wider than one family predominately.

it depends on what you are looking for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

generally nice people who believe in what they do

Cons

little opportunity for career growth

5. Orlando headquarters makes decisions based on lies and false information

Former Employee - Team Leader in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Pioneers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was a paying member of Pioneers for 25 years. I used to trust the leadership that they would do the right thing and do it the right way. God peeled that layer back and asked me, "Who can you trust no?" "Christ, I can trust Christ, He knows the truth and He has not forsaken me."

Cons

Keep all of the interest earned on money kept in your accounts. Give the headquarters interest free loans from money kept in missionary accounts. Lacks the integrity to investigate the truth when false accusations are made toward a missionary. More interested in "perception" than the truth. Give lip service to front line missions, but puts emphasis on a field bureaucracy that takes time from true ministry.

Advice to Management

Seek truth from the facts. Loyalty is a two way street. Intolerant hypocrites.

6. good

Former Employee - Personnel Administrator
    Former Employee - Personnel Administrator

Pros

they love work in teams and will folks where they want to work.

Cons

raising your own support is tough

RSS Feed </> Embed