Piper Aircraft

Be The First To
Add Photos

Piper Aircraft President & CEO Simon Caldecott

Simon Caldecott

Legacy: proud heritage; old ways of doing business.

Concerned Employee (Current Employee) Vero Beach, FL

Pros2013 Best Places to Work award for a reason. Company has many good characteristics and most people are good to work with.

ConsWays of doing business are hoary with age. Company just cannot get modern. Long history of buddy-buddy relationships for promotion vs. merit.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember who you work for: yourself should not be at the top of the list.

Hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to build an amazing aircraft.

ConsGood ol boy mid management

Advice to Senior ManagementLeaders need more training

Good experience but too short.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsGreat Pay and people are very friendly.

ConsUsing out-dated machines and equipment to build quality products!

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees for the top-notch work that they do more often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid engineering experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally nice people (including management). Employees are eager to help each other out. Good team environment

ConsCan't think of any cons

Good old company

Intern (Current Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsThey have experience and a history.

ConsThey can be stuck in the old way of doing things.

Best intern experience

Engineering College Intern (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsLearned to apply class material and could ask for help from anyone.

ConsBeing from out of state was difficult because I did not have the same social connections as many of the other employees.

Great Work Environment

Airframe Design Engineer (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsGreat environment, friendly manufacturing staff that helps you make better designs and teach you about manufacturing processes when you need to learn of new ways to design things.

ConsCurrently the GA market is iffy, making it stressful sometimes because the success of the company is highly dependent on aircraft sales.

Good company with opportunities for young engineers to learn.

Engineer (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsOpportunity to work on entire airplane and different parts of aircraft development and production.

ConsInstability, low pay and drastic budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan the programs to be able to complete success.

Piper Aircraft

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsGreat team to work with. Opportunities to learn and grow.

ConsNot extremely stable company during this recession. Some layoffs.

Instability Prevails

Engineer (Current Employee) Vero Beach, FL

ProsWork hours are good and time off is easy to get when needed. Employees are very nice to work with and work hard for very low pay. Benefits are adequate.

ConsExtremely poor leadership from top management and little to no communication comes from the top. We have had 6 CEO's in 6 years and they just fired the 3rd top HR person we had in a little over a year with no explanation which is very disheartening. Company is owned by foreign country who seems clueless as to how poorly run the company is. Quality and safety issues are a disaster, every day there are major production and design errors due to poor leadership, odd for a company that has been doing the same thing for 75 years. Engineers are amongst the lowest paid in the industry. Most of us are looking for new jobs or have already left. Employees have no faith that the company can ever be successful as they continue to make the same mistakes year after year. It has become embarrassing to say that I work for this company both in the aerospace engineering and local communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementHate to say this, but we desperately need a new top management team (again) and owners who really care about making airplanes and not just making money. No one has faith that the current owners care about anything but getting a return on their investment. Many believe that the company will be out of business in the next 3-5 years.

Worked for Piper Aircraft? Contribute to the Community!