Piraeus Consulting Reviews

10 reviews filtered by
  • Seattle, WA Area
4.4
Sean Clemmons

1. Outstanding place to work!

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Piraeus does a fantastic job of taking care of its employees, and it shows in the decisions that they make. Its a highly-collaborative environment where everyone is always ready to assist with an issue or ongoing project. The end result is a progressive and contemporary workplace culture that fosters an enjoyable and relaxed office setting, but one that clearly values and encourages the best possible results from everyone.

Cons

PTO for new employees is on the low end.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees. It's extremely powerful and makes everyone feel valued.

Some great parts, some not-so-much

Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time

Pros

Lots of great friendly co-workers, free snacks/drinks, dog-friendly, casual dress in the office (more business professional on client site). I enjoy being in the office.

Cons

Benefits and compensation aren't anything to brag about, most people make below market and there's no 401k match.

The CEO will absolutely never accept blame for anything. Ever. Even when he should just to save face. There is always a chance that you'll get staffed out to Microsoft and never see the office or your Piraeus co-workers.

Development practice is out of date: only Microsoft stack (not many new frameworks or languages), no code reviews, no design cycle, no quality assurance process. Developers are expected to test their own code but hardly ever given enough time to do true unit testing. As a result, buggy products are shipped, but great news - then the sales team can sell a version 2!

Sales team is only good at selling to Microsoft and to existing clients. As much as we spout the words "true consultancy" and "workshop consulting", we are at our core, a Microsoft vendor and staffing company.

Advice to Management

Don't be condescending or opposed to criticism. I know lots of employees have offered critique on how things are done, and those people were either let go or sought other opportunities because that change was never going to happen.

If we aren't a staffing company, then stop accepting jobs where it's quick easy money to just stick a body in a seat in Redmond. ACTUALLY SELL workshop consulting, rather than just trademarking the word and ignoring it.

3. Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, perks, belief and support from ownership, talented consultants

Cons

growing pains since we are growing so fast

Great Experience for Professional Growth

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Piraeus Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The Workshop Consulting model allowed me to learn from a vast range of individuals on a regular basis and see how to approach a problem from a variety of different perspectives. I learned more technical skills than I thought I would ever use. These skills have been help me add a huge amount of value to my current role.

Cons

If you're not interested in working hard, don't bother applying. The work can be difficult and you'll be expected to learn new skills regularly.

Advice to Management

Love the snacks, free drinks and Xbox in the break room. How about ping pong?

Great Atmosphere and Opportunities for Growth

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Stocked break room
    - Incredible mentors
    - Resources to help you learn a variety of different skills both through on hands training and supported online learning.
    - Seasonal parties
    - Great compensation package
    - Exposure to a variety of business groups across industries throughout Seattle
    - Strong support from management to give you the tools you need to succeed

Cons

- Team only gets to come together one day a week
    - Low starting compensation

Advice to Management

I'm excited for the growth of the company as we drive the consulting arm of our business and move away from staffing.
    Buy an espresso machine (plain coffee is getting old)

Have to say, this company rocks.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company a little less than a year and it's been really great- I keep waiting for the 'catch', but I haven't found it yet. I am actively recruiting my friends to come work here with me, it's that good.
    - Management is transparent, has a quirky/fun side, and encourages (and implements!) input.
    - Benefits are good, the health insurance plan is awesome.
    - The company is steadily growing- the Seattle office just doubled in size to accommodate.
    - Employee advancement/promotion is based on ability rather than politics.
    - The Piraeus office is dog-friendly.

Cons

Still looking for the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing that voodoo that you do so well... and possibly consider adding an office chef to the staff ;-)

Good experience, lots of opportunities to learn, small and fun company

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Very supportive leadership when it comes to trying out new ideas and trying new technologies and skills. Good network of people; many friendships among coworkers. Feels a lot more tight-knit than many "vendor" companies. Lots of stunningly attractive, smart, humble people ;P. A VERY creative group of people; almost everyone has been or continues to be active in some sort of arts community (writing, improv, art, music, etc). Happy hours. Lots of new babies and cute pups, who all come to visit the office on occasion. A good mix of senior and junior staff. Incredibly talented firm, overall.

Cons

I think I already saw this listed on another review, but I'll echo it: We're Microsoft-heavy on the project side at this point, and -- though I really do like the Microsoft stuff (yeah!) -- it would be nice to mix up projects. Pay rates for projects varies; there are times when bigger bonuses would be appropriate -- I know this is something that is being discussed, but until it is enacted this is still a con.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking the casba. By and large, I have seen a massive amount of respect and support for Piraeus employees. Creating a culture of meritocracy will be good.

9. Feels like family, great positive work experience

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Small company
    Smart colleagues
    Creative enviornment
    Flexible work life
    Great benefits

Cons

Current market is Microsoft, it would be great to open up new markets. We would have more business oportunities by branching out to new companies.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have a quarterly meeting where each dept. head or team lead presented quarterly accomplishments to the entire company. More visibility is always helpful and it would be nice to know what other team accomplishments for each quarter were.

Incredibly positive and supportive

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Great colleagues, fair management. Not just another body shop, by any means. Nice location, reasonable work hours. Very high quality of work and concern for clients.

I've worked for a number of vendors in the past and this is one of the best experiences I've ever had. I've had account reps who really didn't care whether the client got good value, as long as they paid. And companies who didn't care at all about the talent they submitted for work. This place cares.

Cons

Small company and lots of projects means the official PTO is a little on the thin side. Still, I've found them to be really, really flexible in all instances.

Piraeus Data?

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Microsoft Preferred Vendor Status May Provide More Stability For Contractors

Cons

No work life balance; limited opportunity to move up

Advice to Management

Invest in your consultants by aggressively soliciting opportunities for them; truly treat them like employees, not contractors

Piraeus Consulting Photos