Piraeus Consulting

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience for Professional Growth

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Piraeus Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The Workshop Consulting model allowed me to learn from a vast range of individuals on a regular basis and see how to approach a problem from a variety of different perspectives. I learned more technical skills than I thought I would ever use. These skills have been help me add a huge amount of value to my current role.

Cons

If you're not interested in working hard, don't bother applying. The work can be difficult and you'll be expected to learn new skills regularly.

Love the snacks, free drinks and Xbox in the break room. How about ping pong?

Great Atmosphere and Opportunities for Growth

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Stocked break room
    - Incredible mentors
    - Resources to help you learn a variety of different skills both through on hands training and supported online learning.
    - Seasonal parties
    - Great compensation package
    - Exposure to a variety of business groups across industries throughout Seattle
    - Strong support from management to give you the tools you need to succeed

Cons

- Team only gets to come together one day a week
    - Low starting compensation

I'm excited for the growth of the company as we drive the consulting arm of our business and move away from staffing.
    Buy an espresso machine (plain coffee is getting old)

Have to say, this company rocks.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Been with the company a little less than a year and it's been really great- I keep waiting for the 'catch', but I haven't found it yet. I am actively recruiting my friends to come work here with me, it's that good.
    - Management is transparent, has a quirky/fun side, and encourages (and implements!) input.
    - Benefits are good, the health insurance plan is awesome.
    - The company is steadily growing- the Seattle office just doubled in size to accommodate.
    - Employee advancement/promotion is based on ability rather than politics.
    - The Piraeus office is dog-friendly.

Cons

Still looking for the cons.

Keep doing that voodoo that you do so well... and possibly consider adding an office chef to the staff ;-)

Good experience, lots of opportunities to learn, small and fun company

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Very supportive leadership when it comes to trying out new ideas and trying new technologies and skills. Good network of people; many friendships among coworkers. Feels a lot more tight-knit than many "vendor" companies. Lots of stunningly attractive, smart, humble people ;P. A VERY creative group of people; almost everyone has been or continues to be active in some sort of arts community (writing, improv, art, music, etc). Happy hours. Lots of new babies and cute pups, who all come to visit the office on occasion. A good mix of senior and junior staff. Incredibly talented firm, overall.

Cons

I think I already saw this listed on another review, but I'll echo it: We're Microsoft-heavy on the project side at this point, and -- though I really do like the Microsoft stuff (yeah!) -- it would be nice to mix up projects. Pay rates for projects varies; there are times when bigger bonuses would be appropriate -- I know this is something that is being discussed, but until it is enacted this is still a con.

Keep rocking the casba. By and large, I have seen a massive amount of respect and support for Piraeus employees. Creating a culture of meritocracy will be good.

Feels like family, great positive work experience

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Small company
    Smart colleagues
    Creative enviornment
    Flexible work life
    Great benefits

Cons

Current market is Microsoft, it would be great to open up new markets. We would have more business oportunities by branching out to new companies.

It would be nice to have a quarterly meeting where each dept. head or team lead presented quarterly accomplishments to the entire company. More visibility is always helpful and it would be nice to know what other team accomplishments for each quarter were.

Incredibly positive and supportive

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Great colleagues, fair management. Not just another body shop, by any means. Nice location, reasonable work hours. Very high quality of work and concern for clients.

I've worked for a number of vendors in the past and this is one of the best experiences I've ever had. I've had account reps who really didn't care whether the client got good value, as long as they paid. And companies who didn't care at all about the talent they submitted for work. This place cares.

Cons

Small company and lots of projects means the official PTO is a little on the thin side. Still, I've found them to be really, really flexible in all instances.

Piraeus Data?

I have been working at Piraeus Consulting

Pros

Microsoft Preferred Vendor Status May Provide More Stability For Contractors

Cons

No work life balance; limited opportunity to move up

Invest in your consultants by aggressively soliciting opportunities for them; truly treat them like employees, not contractors

Piraeus Consulting Photos