Pita Pit

pitapit.com

Pita Pit Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Pita Pit – Orlando – “typical pita pit”

Provides great opportunities up front, not much growth available.

General Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe atmosphere of the work environment was phenomenal and provided experience for someone looking to get into management. The potential the company has is great, and will need to work with that ambition to move far.

ConsPay wasn't the best, and there was no chance for growth in the company. Raises were unavailable, the hours were strenuous over time. Having to be at work until 3am or later puts a large amount of stress on you.

great company, not as professional as they could be

Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgreat environment, great training crew, great front office, easy going environment, easy job to get. They do NOT drug test, in fact the environment is VERY saturated with stoners

Consthe farther you are from hq the less support you are given, you are criticized when things go wrong but not praised enough when they go right.

Advice to Senior Managementput in district managers!!!

Not the greatest

Pita Pit In-store Employee (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsFree pita after your shift

ConsHorrible Training. It consisted of watching my manager make one pita sandwich. Then, the next customer that walked in they told me to make their order. Ummm what? I don't know if you know, but those pitas are super fragile and hard to work with. By the time I was done with that thing the guy ended up with a salad that was held together by the paper wrapping. I feel sorry for that guy. But, I was too scared of my manager to tell him. I quit after the first day. So yea, train your employees better. I'm not surprised that the location I worked at closed down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and fast paced.

Pit Crew (Current Employee)

Proshalf off food, friendly customers, fun coworkers

ConsHard to advance, needs clear management plan for handling employees.

Fun, great way to gain face to face customer service

ProsGood experience learning the process of prepping, achieving customer satisfaction and general money handling duties. Can be a lot of fun once you learn everything.

ConsDepends highly on managers attitude and management style. This works to be either a great experience or not so good.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo all organic and use only fresh foods!

Worst job I have ever had.

General Manager for II Locations (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a job, that's about all I can say.

ConsThe store was consistently under staffed. Located on Greek Row next to a busy bar and the drunks are unbearable at times. The owners are cheap and do not listen to management who work day to day in the stores, they were very unwilling to invest in their stores. Very low pay for the hours and work expected. As store Manager, I made $1.50 more an hour then the entry level employees making minimum wage. I personally was never paid overtime in 4 years even after working 20 hour days consistently. High turnover. The owners were more interested in hiring cute girls who look good in a tank top then in people who were willing and qualified to work. No benefits at all even for management. The list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owners really need to treat their employees better and value the ones who have worked themselves to death. They also need to invest more time in their stores so they know the dynamics of a college campus and customer trends.

It was ok.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

Pros- Relaxed work environment
    - Easy to move up in the company

Cons- Working until 4am
    - Low pay

Good

ProsGood, flexible, fun work environment

ConsSometimes there is trouble with scheduling

A failing franchise turned corporate to die even more slowly.

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Brookline, MA

ProsLike Subway, only with slightly better quality of food. Only location in eastern Massachusetts.

ConsMay cause severe apathy and an un-biased hatred and loathing towards the general public and pita bread.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the market in Boston, of both sales demographics and cost of living, Or just take your absurd brand and put it in a Simon mall where it belongs.

For the most part, I like the job.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

Prosgood pay, plus you get tips, nice people, friendly customers

ConsIt will vary since the Pita Pit is a franchise.
    It can also get very stressful when busy.

Worked for Pita Pit? Contribute to the Community!