Pitney Bowes Reviews

2.4
Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach
Marc Lautenbach
1 Rating

Pros
  • Work Life Balance is the best thing here (in 59 reviews)

• Work life balance, good benefits (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is constantly changing the rules to their benefit (in 26 reviews)

• New senior management team has tackled the 'low-hanging fruit,' which resulted in excellent stock performance in 2013 (in 21 reviews)

Not bad, Not Great

Current Employee - Service Tech in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent company when compared with the market place. Do your job and they leave you alone.

Cons

For physical side of the business: little or no advancement or training, no raises in 5 years as of 2014. If on-site, job has become a form of adult day care. PBI is focusing on digital and leaving the physical side to languish and fade away.

Advice to Management

The usual, treat front line employees as the most important asset of the company. Do you even read the engagement survey?

2. District Director

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have great benefits...that's about all I can say that is positive.

Cons

I was excited when Marc L. came in. That did not last long. The culture in US Mailing is noxious at best. They simply do not care about their employees and care only slightly more about their customers. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people in this organization. However, none in decision making positions. What they have done to loyal employees over the past 3 years should be illegal. What they continue to do to customers is sinful as well. Executive management is strictly concerned with maximizing their comp and playing financial games to show well to the shareholders. For those of you who recall the scene in Christmas Vacation near the end where Clark gets screwed by Frank Shirley and cousin Eddie comes to the rescue...that role of Frank S. could have easily been a type cast role of a current PB executive.

Advice to Management

Candidly I offer no advice as they will not listen. I offered plenty of advice, as did other loyal and intelligent employees, and they didn't listen then. Doubt they will listen now. However, if you do want to hear, bring bike Mike Critelli and get out of the way,

RSS Feed </> Embed