Pitney Bowes Reviews

Reset
3.1
Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach
Marc Lautenbach

Pros
  • Work Life Balance is the best thing here (in 59 reviews)

• Work life balance, good benefits (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is constantly changing the rules to their benefit (in 26 reviews)

• New senior management team has tackled the 'low-hanging fruit,' which resulted in excellent stock performance in 2013 (in 21 reviews)

1. Account Executive

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Martinez, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Martinez, CA

I worked at Pitney Bowes (More than 10 years)

Pros

I did extremely well at Pitney Bowes. The liked my manager and district manager and was praised for a reaching my goals.

Cons

The company was downsizing and our territory increased 3 times what is was. I found myself driving 2 hours to 1 client and 2 hour home. I would rather conduct more business in less drive time.

Advice to Management

I believe being acknowledge for a job well done, makes everyone work harder

2. Great place to work, great managers, and great employees!

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Troy, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Troy, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides part-time employees PTO benefits, and the ability to participate in the 401k plan. The company encourages volunteer opportunities at local schools. Management is very supportive of wellness program. The employees are very friendly, and helpful to new employees. It is a true "family" work environment. This was one of the best work experience I have had,

Cons

The company had some financial issues in 2013, and had to downsize several employees. However, the company provided very generous separation packages to those being let go.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and preserve the great culture!

3. Solution Architect

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. You can take lots of work from homes. 6 hours work duration per day, the attendance is not counted.

Cons

Hard to find good work here. Management in India wants to give out most of the work to US as more work means more issues, which is a hindrance to the managers growth. Heavy favoritism culture, good work is seldom appreciated, while average or bad work with good liaisoning with the manager will be highly appreciated. It is also a company where HR is given more importance than engineering, they are most arrogant and ill mannered.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee. The attitude of management to ignore the team and improve relations with seniors is ruining the company. Team is the entity which gets the work done, more transparency is needed in decision making. All the best.

5. Great work environment

Former Employee - Product Manager in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Shelton, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well, most people who work there are great at their jobs and friendly, get all the tools you need to do your job.

Cons

Currently searching for a new direction for the company, a lot of random layoffs in past several years (but not for new hires) just removing older high paid people [yeah not good for them (or me) but if you're looking to go there you'll be good.

6. Great place to work indeed! young and raring to go

Former Employee - Manager in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Noida (India)

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely Awesome, managers are totally empowered Congenial Work Environment, most worthy HR team Very Inspiring leadership Continuously pushes to outperform, go above and beyond rewards not just employee, but acknowledge family support solid people programs

Cons

better than the parent company - limits the career and scope.

Advice to Management

Invest outside of the US

CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have decent benefits for health and 401k plan. They also provide a decent amount of paid time off when first starting out.

Cons

Poor raises and in ability to really move anywhere in the company unless you want to travel a lot or move.

Advice to Management

Recognize those who do most of the work for you and help them out instead of giving hand outs to those that hate the company and do nothing for it.

8. They're trying, but not very hard

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Novi, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes (More than 8 years)

Pros

okay benefits; decent 401k match; company is striving to grow/expand/develop/survive;

Cons

pay is just average, and raises are minimal; very little support from PB at a corporate level in terms of shared tech resources (a small team might have to reinvent everything themselves);

Advice to Management

hire more specialists - people who can come in and re-org / re-structure the way the work is being done

9. Too Big

Former Employee - Order Entry in Troy, NY
    Former Employee - Order Entry in Troy, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work hours, decent benefits, new building. PB isn't half bad. The people are generally decent and the work, for this position is pretty easy.

Cons

No one recognizes the work you do. The company is not doing well and therefore salaries are stagnant. In the four years I was there, I got one raise, of $.28 an hour.

Advice to Management

Show some more employee appreciation.

Going Down

Current Employee - Senior Field Systems Specialist in Mechanicsville, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Systems Specialist in Mechanicsville, VA

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits 8-5 mostly.

Cons

Cut backs, seems like a month doesn't go by without hearing about layoffs. Management doesn't really get it. Even my manager just got laid off. If someone leaves they are not being replaced you just have to pick up their jobs. No raises for years.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting people.

Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

Work from home. Job is easy for most of the time. Benefits are good.

Cons

No respect for work life balance. Management will throw their techs under the bus to protect customers interest. Working with a skeleton crew. Long Drives constantly. Mandatory 24/7 meaning you have to put your life on hold. Also standby pay is a joke you can make more money working at a part time job at minimum wage. Raises are less than inflation. Need to use personal car and mileage adds up fast. Cant really support a family with this job now days if region has mandatory 24/7 and few techs.

Advice to Management

I understand there needs to be changes since the mailing industry is shrinking. However massive downsizing the number of techs wont help anything at all. Also if there's mandatory 24/7 why not make night shift positions instead of putting techs lives on hold. This was a great company when i first started. I do approve some changes but unfortunately the mandatory 24 7 schedule wont work for me in the long run.

RSS Feed </> Embed