Pitney Bowes Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.8

Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach
Marc Lautenbach

Pros
  • This company provides a great work life balance (in 56 reviews)

• Company pays well, good benefits, growth opportunities (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Entrenched senior management in India (in 21 reviews)

• Unfortunately the support system from upper management did not coincide with this message (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Pitney Bowes Software, Boulder CO

Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Advisory Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

First rate group of Software Engineers and Architects

Cons

Still has the bureaucracy you'd expect from a company of it's size

Good company to work for. Pay and Benefits are competitive

Former Employee - Quality Assurance  in  Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The training is great. They give you the opportunity to further your career by providing tuition reimbursement.

Cons

A little difficult to transfer to another department

Management needs to be a little more agressive in getting new contracts.

My Experience

Former Employee - Service Technician  in  Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Windsor, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training program. Provide adequate training on existing equipment as well as newer models that will be available in the future. All air fares and very good accommodation provided for.

Cons

Managers rely on input of your performance from untrustworthy people that have only their own interests in mind. They don't care about whose careers they damage on the way. Constant strife between shifts. I worked all three shifts and everyone is blaming problems on the shift before them. At the weekly meetings when asked to speak their minds, no one has anything to say. They all fear loosing their jobs because of their manager doesn't want anyone rocking the boat. He is only interested in his monthly bonus.

At the very least, replace that particular manager for a start. Maybe people will trust the new one and open up. Then and only then will the problem solving begin and have all shifts working as a team, not fearing reprisal for speaking out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard working, loss of focus

Former Employee - Solutions Architect  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company as a whole is very good. There are some great people that propel them forward and some workers that really out their best foot forward.

Cons

Conversely, upper management makes many decisions that do not have the customer's best interest in mind. There are many decisions that are made based on the bottom line that affects customer support and satisfaction.

Poll your customer base before making decisions that are going adversely affect their support. Do not let the sales team dictate the future of the company. Sales is the backbone, but support and innovation is the bread and butter.

Ok place to get experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will get a lot of experience with electro mechanical equipment. Worked there for many years

Cons

Was not able to move around and learn more sites and equipment. Once I excelled I was not allowed to leave that site. Was told by the DM we should be happy we have jobs

Let your people grow.

Once a great company, no longer able to maintain relevance

Former Employee - Major Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time

Pros

I would say the best thing is their remaining employees on the front line. Tenured folks that have done a lot over the course of time for the organization and have maintained the company existence to even be any what relevant today.

Cons

They have no direction, mid to upper management are empty suits that are doing what they have to do for their own existence in the short term. Very much who you know company. For anyone trying to go into this organization as a new hire, I highly recommend running as fast as you can the other way. Unless you are one of the "Relationship" long termed employees, they don't put you in a position for success and will crumble you up and spit you out without any dignity. The core function of getting close to the customer isn't in any part of culture. The organization has everyone scared and is a miserable environment that doesn't allow for true creative ideas to grow again.

Learn some of the basics of today's environment and figure out innovation is the key to the organization. The fact that you haven't developed anything innovative out of your own resources should be a sign. If you took a minute to understand and empower thought, I believe that you will find that a lot of very intelligent people could offer some wonderful ideas to different topics. You haven't taken a minute to understand this and/or really understand much pass today.

Working for pb

I worked at Pitney Bowes

Pros

None, just can't think of any

Cons

No loyalty to employees. They disregard years of service when it comes to layoffs and local managers choose there favorites to keep, even tho there skill levels are way below the ones laid off

Go by seniority , reward those that have been thru thick and thin

Cold, "Old School" Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has been in business since 1920, many people have been with the company for 30+ years

Cons

Lack of communication, employees that have been with the company for years are not helpful to new employees - there is an expectation that you should know everything.

Ship Without A Rudder

Former Employee - Sales Position  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Position in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Well known brand and name. Industry leading technology. Well established corporate partnerships throughout the US.

Cons

Industry leading technology is becoming more and more irrelevant. Training is poor and follow up is worse, almost non-existent. Some company management does not follow the high ethical standards they proclaim. The culture is not based on mutual trust or respect. Employees are treated as if they are always suspected of being less than honest or ethical. Up side compensation has steadily declined. Senior management has attempted to "change the culture" by doing the same things over and over again and then are surprised when they get the same results.

If you want to change the direction and future of Pitney Bowes you have have to do more than give "lip service" to change. You must change the culture and thinking of the company, starting at the top.

Temp job was given a lot of responsibility and high expectations with out sufficient training

Former Employee - Retention Specialist  in  Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Neenah, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful co workers and pleasant work areas. Wonderful benefits for regular employees.

Cons

Training was very lacking, it made the job seem impossible. I worked so hard to learn the job and tried to excel. Every night my head just hurt.

In training have a lot and lot of practice. Let the trainees work on teams and do loads more practices.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!