Pitt County Memorial Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
5 reviews filtered by
3.2
Stephen J. Lawler

1. Excellent hospital! Great interdisciplinary team to work with as well as phenomenal fellow nurses to work with!

Former Employee - Level I Trauma/ER RN in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Level I Trauma/ER RN in Greenville, NC

I worked at Pitt County Memorial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best healthcare facility I've worked at. Gained so much experience and learned so much plus mastered many important skills.

Cons

Need to work hard, stay focused and be very skilled at performing skills and providing the best care to patients. Taught me great discipline and organization. Loved it!

Advice to Management

Always take care of your hard working nurses and doctors. They make the ER excellent by the level of care they provide and how hard they work plus each is awesome at their job.

2. I would not trade my 7 years experience here. It gave me a fantastic knowledge base.

I worked at Pitt County Memorial (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make lasting friendships and learn A LOT!

Cons

Always short staffed, float to other areas, sick days not really sick days; make you flex up time

3. Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Police Officer in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Police Officer in Greenville, NC

I worked at Pitt County Memorial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are only two pros that I can think of. The fact that I had a job and the fact that I was getting paid.

Cons

The higher ups that make the 6 figure salary do not care about the little people that help make the hospital function.

Advice to Management

Sure the doctors and nurses save lives but what about the little people make the hospital function on a daily basis. From the food service workers to the hospital police and all other other various departments in the hospital take into account that the decisions you make may not have an impact on you but they do on someones life.

5. Needs Leadership

Former Employee - Financial in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Financial in Greenville, NC

I worked at Pitt County Memorial

Pros

Benefits are good and they are always looking to imprve them. Job Security - Hospital is growing and is the largest employer in Pitt County.

Cons

Long hours are required to get job done. Unqualified people are promoted and qualified people are not. PCMH has VPs who have no job responsibilities and they should be let go. The staff knows which VPs these are and by keeping them it just proves to staff that Senior Management cannot step up to the plate and get rid of unnecessary positions.

Advice to Management

Step up to the plate and identify positions that serve no purpose and get rid of them.

6. It has good days and it's bad days.

Current Employee - Surgical Technician
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician

I have been working at Pitt County Memorial

Pros

Job security, some employees are fun to get along with but some are complete snakes.. There is bonus checks given out sometimes..

Cons

At times the employee parking situation is terrible, the pay raises suck, some fellow employees will try and get over on you..

Advice to Management

Better pay, listening to your employees a little bit more, stop putting incompetent people in charge at certain hours of the day