Pivot Point International

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Melanie Kopeikin

New changes in leadership very positive.

Management (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsA recent senior leadership overhaul has produced very positive changes. Enlightened and aggressive changes in strategy, employee engagement and listening exercises are exciting.

ConsCan be slow to make decisions from hiring to tactical issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the new directional focus. Continue to harness the collective energy of the human resources. Cherish the values and passions of the past but continue to "pivot" to the future.

Beauty Educational Experts

Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPassion leadership, hard working team.

ConsLots to do to be innovative!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Not a good company to work with!

Program Development Associate (Former Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsI was a previous employee for almost 11 yrs and worked really hard! But because the higher management are more concern of their own success. A lot of my previous co-workers, especially the best employees are either not appreciated, unfairly treated, not recognized at all, and got frustrated that is why a lot of them left the company or was let go.

ConsChallenges are working with mostly higher level are not professional at all and are taking advantage on their power or position! Very sad to see especially from the management itself!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to learn more of their own job responsibilities and be appreciative with their people who worked hard for them to be successful, need to set a good example to all employees, be fair to everyone and not just to their called "buddies" or "cycle of friends". They need to step down from their title to see if they really deserved the promotions or position! They need to be a professional superiors, humble, down to earth type of leaders and not just be a big dictator!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family run company, run by idiots.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily run company, small family atmosphere.

ConsRun as a family company, owners inexperienced grandson (college dropout) made to manage an academy and manage employees. I appreciate that they are giving him a chance but it is still a business.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun it like a business not like a household.

Driver / Warehouse Worker

Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee)
    Elk Grove Village, IL

ProsIf you are interested in The Hair World , that's the place to be.

ConsThere is lots to learn and sometimes it can get very hard with dead lines that are expected to make .

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the workers more because they are the back bone of the copy .

Manager

ProsThe professional growth, owners are outstanding, some of the people I work with are talented, professional, and industry knowledgable. At one time this was the best company in the industry.

ConsLeadership over the years was extremely poor. Went from a family, community, and a high level of care for employees, customers, and the industry........to a more stringent, corporate, uncaring company. Communication with current leadership is truly unprofessional and non-existant. Hiring key roles with people who have no industry knowledge and make very bad decisions. Either micro-managed or not managed at all. Current high level VP's backgrounds are questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look past those employees who know what they are talking about. Sometimes change is good, but only if it makes sense. Look at who you have running your departments.....are they worth it? Bring back the warm fuzzy feeling that is gone. Respect your staff and those who have been around long enough to know this company, industry, and what we are here for.

It was an amazing company to work for.

Director (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsThe people I work with are amazing.

ConsWork life balance
    Communication from management

Would have given it 5 stars six months ago

(Current Employee)

ProsMany awesome, dedicated, knowledgeable people work here. Used to be a fantastic place to work with a family feel and inspiring, personable environment.

ConsNew senior leaders do not bother to understand the well-established company values and culture that made the company successful for the past 50 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with some respect as the company founder always did. Not all change is good.

If you want a life outside of work, you won't be successful here.

Evanston, IL

ProsIn general, the people who do all of the work here, are awesome. They're knowledgeable, have tons of experience and willing to help train and update other team members because upper/executive management can't.

ConsPrivately owned company, and the nepotism is out of control
    Expected to be on call 24/7, no work life balance
    No opportunities for career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementTry communicating, I bet you'd actually be able make some changes... Not just talk about how much everyone else needs to change.

Best company that I've ever worked for

International Sales (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsGood management, great experience, everyone is hard working...

ConsEverything is good except for the parking...

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change

Worked for Pivot Point International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pivot Point International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pivot Point International CEO Melanie Kopeikin. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Pivot Point International employees.