Pivot3 Reviews

14 reviews filtered by
3.8
Harold Ron Nash, JR

1. Excellent place to work and environment to be a part of

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Staff are all 'A' team members. Great responsiveness internally and externally. Fantastic mission-oriented sensible culture.

Cons

Challenges related to customer/market education.

No advice other than keep on doing what you're doing

2. revolving door

I worked at Pivot3

Pros

interesting technology and market use.

Cons

management is out of touch with reality in many respects. place is a revolving door with high turnover and poor training and poor communication.

start being honest in company update discussions, listen to employees, be honest with them about company status, and reward sales people properly to incent sales growth and not yourselves.

3. Fast-paced Environment Allows Talented Individuals to Shine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pivot3 offers a fast-paced environment with a management team that allows their employees to shine. The Austin office is full of friendly faces willing to help out when needed. Upper management is working hard to make great strides in 2015 and has done a good job instilling a positive, can-do attitude in the rest of the team.

Cons

Because this company is still in start-up mode, they are still working on streamlining back-end processes. This can make some projects more challenging than they would be otherwise. Also, new employees must be willing to take on a wide variety of tasks under minimal supervision since the company is currently understaffed.

5. Great team work, great family friendly environment/culture

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People always help each other out in Pivot3. Everyone have the same goal to make this company succeed. As of any other companies, there are up and downs, but this year is shaping like a huge year for Pivot3. This is going to be a great year for Hyper-Converged, and Pivot3 is the inventor of Hyper-Converged!!! Truly believe we have all the right ingredients to obtain great success - especially the people. Like the "family always come first" culture!

Cons

As of many companies with multi/global sites, communications between sites may be lacking at times. This is an area we could improve on.

6. Getting Better

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

The company is getting better. I find it an interesting place to work. It's great working in the IT industry as well. Good management and great work-life balance.

Cons

Every once-in-a-while I need to work late.

Keep it going.

7. Diamond in the rough with incredible opportunities

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Exceptional technology; really hot market; upper management actually has a plan; company is getting great attention; good working atmosphere; still small but long track record with a lot of AAA customers; everyone gets stock options; it's a real start-up! so: people who can wear many hats and pull-up their sleeves do best.

Cons

It's a real start-up! Many things still need to be built and figured out. People have to find ways to make it happen without all the support they get in bigger places.

Hire smart people instead of pampered experts who can't do much without a lot of help.

8. Best job I've ever had, bar none.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This place has a VERY bright future as the world is starting to figure out that capacity efficient hyper-converged infrastructure is important. HUGE brain trust, a real powerhouse of IP with over 20+ patents.

Cons

Marketing has traditionally been more stealth with niche markets, but our new marketing team changing our messaging and people will soon realize that we invented hyper-converged infrastructure.

Keep hiring alphas!

9. Great technology and ready to scale

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Pivot3

Pros

The executive leadership team currently in place brings a ton of industry experience to bear--both from a technology perspective as well as growing and scaling companies and emerging solutions. Strong established customer base, proven solutions, and the technology quite simply works extremely well. Strong-value based leadership style where everybody works hard, politics are kept to an absolute minimum, and managers have the authority to execute and are expected to do so.

Cons

Small company that has better funded competitors and big entrenched players as well--always makes for a tough hill to climb, even when the technology is much better than those well funded competitors.

Now is the time to accelerate. The technology and market position is sound, you just need to put more people in the street to position and communicate value.

10. Think twice

I worked at Pivot3

Pros

Decent pay, flexibility, decent product

Cons

No stability, continuous layoffs, constantly asking for more money from investors, lack of direction, poor benefits, don't make time for planning, and no regard for the employees

11. A 10 year start-up company that is truly top heavy with management.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Trainer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Pivot3 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked remotely and that was nice.

Cons

Company laid me off without any notice. Very poor management