Pivot3

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.5

Harold Ron Nash, JR

New and Improved... would definitely recommend.

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Great working environment, challenging, constantly moving and shaking... you really don't know what you are walking into each day, great colleagues, entire company is open to new ideas, you can make a difference.

Cons

The cons go hand in hand with the pros... those who like the normal everyday "I know exactly what I am expecting" are not the ones who will be happy here. BUT, that's only a con for those who don't like it. Management is still learning, which is the case with most companies. I don't feel that we are a start-up. We are no longer in that phase. We are an up-and-coming and we are now growing quickly. Sometimes growth begets growing pains.

We need better IT but it is improving. Systems are getting better but the normal day-to-day could use some improvement. Ensure that top management is realistic. We are not a worldwide corporate conglomerate. They need to understand we are still growing both in funds and in people. They can do with a little more respect to those around them from time to time... this is not to all, but to a few.

Best job I've ever had, bar none.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place has a VERY bright future as the world is starting to figure out that capacity efficient hyper-converged infrastructure is important. HUGE brain trust, a real powerhouse of IP with over 20+ patents.

Cons

Marketing has traditionally been more stealth with niche markets, but our new marketing team changing our messaging and people will soon realize that we invented hyper-converged infrastructure.

Keep hiring alphas!

Diamond in the rough with incredible opportunities

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Exceptional technology; really hot market; upper management actually has a plan; company is getting great attention; good working atmosphere; still small but long track record with a lot of AAA customers; everyone gets stock options; it's a real start-up! so: people who can wear many hats and pull-up their sleeves do best.

Cons

It's a real start-up! Many things still need to be built and figured out. People have to find ways to make it happen without all the support they get in bigger places.

Hire smart people instead of pampered experts who can't do much without a lot of help.

Great technology and ready to scale

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Pivot3

Pros

The executive leadership team currently in place brings a ton of industry experience to bear--both from a technology perspective as well as growing and scaling companies and emerging solutions. Strong established customer base, proven solutions, and the technology quite simply works extremely well. Strong-value based leadership style where everybody works hard, politics are kept to an absolute minimum, and managers have the authority to execute and are expected to do so.

Cons

Small company that has better funded competitors and big entrenched players as well--always makes for a tough hill to climb, even when the technology is much better than those well funded competitors.

Now is the time to accelerate. The technology and market position is sound, you just need to put more people in the street to position and communicate value.

Think twice

I worked at Pivot3

Pros

Decent pay, flexibility, decent product

Cons

No stability, continuous layoffs, constantly asking for more money from investors, lack of direction, poor benefits, don't make time for planning, and no regard for the employees

A 10 year start-up company that is truly top heavy with management.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Trainer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Pivot3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked remotely and that was nice.

Cons

Company laid me off without any notice. Very poor management

Refocused team executing well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leadership team is making a positive impact on direction of the company. Poised to take advantage of growth as converged storage products are expanding market ownership!

Cons

A 10 year old startup company goes through many peaks and valleys. The most challenging of the valley's seem to be in the past.

Full steam ahead - time to grow!

Poorly Managed Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Pivot3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay and great co-workers. Lots of flexibility.

Cons

Management is a total mess!! Company has squandered all of the VC money, they cannot pay their bills to the suppliers or the employees. Lots of empty promises and a product that has no fit the the mainstream IT world. If you are looking at this company as a career or being a customer I would steer clear of this disaster.

Go find a real job.

Great Product-Great Boss

I have been working at Pivot3

Pros

Working downtown in Austin, just a few blocks from the Capitol not only gives me a great view of the skyline, but I work with a great group of people, including my boss-James.

Cons

We have two locations, so seeing all of the other members of the team is more infrequent than I desire.

More training with how to be great managers is needed. Good people though

Pay is good, morale is low.

I worked at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Pay is above average for comparable positions.

Cons

Financial roller coaster creates a lot of uncertainty.

Be realistic with revenue estimates. Don't go for deals with low margins purely for the sake of top line numbers.