Pivotal Payments

Be The First To
Add Photos

Philip Fayer

Great Sales Support

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)
East Norwich, NY

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat sales support team willing to go the extra mile to keep your clients happy.

ConsCould increase size of sales support team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Fast paced, great learning opportunity

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExtremely dynamic
great people
constant ability to grow
a lot of freedom
ability to be creative

ConsNot always a clear vision

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to stabalize our base before moving forward

I'm happy to work here.

I have been working at Pivotal Payments

ProsVery friendly working environment, like a family.
People are nice here.

ConsI'll be happier if I got a bigger desk :)
The office is a little bit crowd.

One of the worst jobs I've ever had.

Sales Support (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Pivotal Payments full-time for less than a year

Pros- clean office
- downtown location
- tim hortons in building
- friendly coworkers

Cons- condescending supervisor who believes in micromanaging her subordinates to the T
- if you do not express profound passion in assisting extremely rude and uncivilized sales reps (who may yell and swear at you if an order is not on time or complete, even when its not your fault) then expect to be terminated without warning.
- eye strain from staring at 2 monitors for 8 hours straight. Expect to be questioned if you rest your eyes for a few seconds.
- if caught browsing the internet during downtime, supervisor will assign tasks to you which are beyond the scope of your job description.
- company is blatantly ripping off its customers and will purposefully overlook instances where a merchant is double charged.
- forget about making your after-work appointments on time. You'll be expected to work overtime for free otherwise if you leave exactly when your shift ends, you're "watching the clock".

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe its me, but to work effectively, I need some room to breathe. How about we try being a little less condescending and overbearing to individuals entirely new to the crooked merchant processing industry and give new hires adequate training to do well on the job.

OK

Lead Generation Representative (Current Employee)
Saint John, NB (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat hours that are available with no weekend work

Conslack of bonus structure, overtime hrs minimal

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter use of the campaign calling lists

Like a circus

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Pivotal Payments

ProsFrankly speaking the best reason to work here is the people. There are some who are lazy, uncommitted and less-than-intelligent, but most are genuinely fantastic people who are trying to cobble together a sense of unity amongst them. Unfortunately the pros end there.

ConsThe acumen of many managers and supervisors is dubious at best. There is little transparency about vertical movement, so you just hope that your tenure will bring promotions and recognition. Hope doesn't pay your bills though.

The company moves at a pace and rhythm which is too fast for its own good; it's akin to building an airplane in the sky. There's nothing wrong with ambition, charging through acquisitions and expansion offesr your labour infrastructure little time to adjust and become as proficient as possible. Right now they're too occupied with learning the next set of processes.

The above statements are admittedly from a subjective experience, I am half-certain that other people have had better opportunities there.

That being said, there is one fact that can't be debated in terms of relativity; wage. The non-managerial pay is diametrically lower than the average no matter what the title is. If you're applying for a job there, please tack on another 15-25% in your salary negotiations. Speaking of numbers speaking the truth, the turnover in most departments is high. Too high. That should speak volumes about employee satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo words: corporate culture. You have none. Too many employees are embittered and hopeless about their future. Social nights, RRSP contributions, rewards for hard workers, etc....they all go a long way. I'll leave with this quote from Richard Branson, someone who should know about running a business:

“Convention dictates that a company looks after its shareholders first, its customers next, and last of all worries about its employees. Virgin does the opposite. For us, our employees matter most. It just seems common sense to me that, if you start off with a happy well motivated workforce, you’re much more likely to have happy customers. And in due course the resulting profits will make your shareholders happy."

Worked for Pivotal Payments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pivotal Payments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pivotal Payments CEO Philip Fayer. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Pivotal Payments employees.