Pivotal

Not yet rated.

Eric W. Musser

Hard work, great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTremendous flexibility in how you do your job. Open environment with the ability to reach out and get assistance from anyone. Very team oriented.

ConsHard work as not everything is laid out for you. Long hours. Continual battle to establish name in marketplace as Pivotal is not a known company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate plans and strategies with everyone. Continue to keep in touch with team members to avoid 'big company' walls.

Downward Spiral

Program Manager (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsI met some good people who went on to work elsewhere - expanding my network. I really wanted to see this company & product succeed.

Conssteady stream of exits & layoffs... company once had such promise but it was just a shell of its former self. Merger & Acquisition crushed the initiative and innovation out of this company.

Good until market crashed.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsProduct that worked. Talented people. Locations scattered throughout the United States. Reasonable pay. Paid more money than my previous job.

ConsBecame too bureaucratic and top heavy after company purchased. There were way too many people let go after the purchase.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very flexible organization for a balanced work/home lifestyle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat work culture, flexible timings. Decision making capabilities are nurtured.
    Protective and supportive leadership style.

ConsLacks innovation and does not understand competition's strong points. Silo based functions in the organization whihc kils productivity.
    disparity in regional office work cultures
    too many acquisitions in the past years

Good local team dynamic but longevity is unclear.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsBroad technology base, good local team dynamics and solid CRM product offering. Work and life balance is acceptable.

ConsLocal office has reduced in size which makes local office long term a question. Tight spending limited chances to attend training and upgrading hardware.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeal upfront with local team and if closing office offer incentives to do transition. Otherwise, provide vision of location responsibility and longer term plan.

Worked for Pivotal? Contribute to the Community!