Pixomondo Reviews

Updated September 5, 2014
Updated September 5, 2014
2.9

CEO

Pixomondo-Burbank had a terrific crew

Former Employee - Artist  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Artist in Burbank, CA

I worked at Pixomondo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers
    Lovely campus (Yahoo! campus) with on-site cafeterias, gym, coffee shops, gardens
    No office politics
    Good management
    Paid overtime
    Internet access (this was Pixomondo-Burbank)
    Everyone got paid, as far as I know. It did not go down like Pixomondo-London.

Cons

Tough deadlines
    10-hour day standard
    No health insurance benefits (some had this benefit, but I did not)
    No 401(k) plan
    Pipeline efforts were highly appreciated by the crew and local management, but not by the parent company.
    Pixomondo still exists, but it shut down Pixomondo-Burbank in 2013.

When I last worked there in 2013, Pixomondo had only one official pipeline artist on payroll. The rest of the pipeline artists had to pull double-duty as regular artists.

A good pipeline artist can save hundreds of man-hours and thousands of dollars over the course of a project. I sincerely hope the parent company invests in pipeline for its future.

Pixomondo is great! A little disorganized but always creates great work.

I have been working at Pixomondo

Pros

This place will give you new skills and create great work! You will be able to add great demo reel peaces to your personal reel.

Cons

No internet. So getting reference is difficult and if you bring in a laptop wireless internet is super slow.

Need updated computers.

My employment at Pixomondo was good but very short. Company has run out of work.

Former Employee - 3D Modeler  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - 3D Modeler in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Pixomondo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

South culture and lade back environment. Proximity to warm Gulf sea. Kind people!

Cons

Uncertainty of employment. No relocation help. Bad management practice from main office in LA.

Main office in LA has tendency to mistreat people a lot! It is awful how some of my coworkers lost there jobs with no advanced notice. And no assistance with relocation ether!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job wasn't too bad but pay problems

Former Employee - CG Artist  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - CG Artist in London, England (UK)

I worked at Pixomondo full-time for more than a year

Pros

They had good projects, but we don't always get to do things from start to finish as some works are coming from another country made by other artists.

Cons

They decided to close their London Office and we didn't get paid. We got our money back after 1.5 year

Not a bad place to learn and get experience, but management is incapable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Pixomondo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very focused. great people, opportunity to work on great feature films.

Cons

The culture in this office is almost non-existent, that's a huge gap in cultural differences between the Chinese locals and the foreigners working in Beijing office, and the management is not giving any effort to change it.

Great place for volunteer work or charity for the rich people

Former Employee - Under NDA  in  Stuttgart (Germany)
    Former Employee - Under NDA in Stuttgart (Germany)

I worked at Pixomondo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very nice people to work with, and well organised

Cons

if you are freelancer, you won't get paid, or at least "maybe" 1 year late, there is no even accommodation or any help for foreigner artist, it happened for me as well as many many freelancers.

For all Managers, I take my hat off to you to be able to sleep without paying back all those great artist who was working so hard for you.

Enjoyed my time, but they struggled with pay!

Current Employee - Compositor  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Current Employee - Compositor in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I have been working at Pixomondo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Frankfurt Germany studio is a great working environment, where everyone is friendly and helpful.We worked on some amazing high quality projects such as Game Of Thrones. Our accommodation was sorted out for us for the duration of the contract.

Cons

Sadly with all these good points, I can not ignore the fact that payment was consistently a problem every month. As contractor I was left for months without payment. This eventually was sorted out by the time my contract was complete.

I would really suggest that management really learn to pay contract artists on time.With all the great things the studio offers it would be ashame to see it all fall apart because they take months before paying artists.

Worked for Pixomondo? Contribute to the Community!