Pizza Hut

2.9
1,090 Reviews

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • Fairly flexible hours, good if you are in high school or first two years of college (in 59 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage for a job that required receiving verbal harassment from customers over the phone (in 65 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Mundelein, IL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Mundelein, IL

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Delivery was an amazing job, I made lots of tips, like 50-120 in a night no problem. You work as a team, and feel like you are on a team, its not one of those solo jobs.

Cons

Car repairs can always come up being a delivery driver, and also gas when its expensive can become a really big pain.

Great to work for

I worked at Pizza Hut

Pros

Really busy, so time flies by.

Cons

Customers don't always remember that you are really busy and have other customers you are trying to help.

Server

Current Employee - Server in Alva, OK
    Current Employee - Server in Alva, OK

I have been working at Pizza Hut

Pros

Flexible schedule, great leadership, great food and great customers

Cons

Tips are never a sure thing, high stress

Toss dead weight to the curb and keep building the strong crew that works together ALL the time.

Driving is pretty goo

I worked at Pizza Hut

Pros

Flexible hours, tips, good people to work with

Cons

folding boxes, busy time means no break

delivery driver

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and great management

Cons

bad neighborhoods and pay scale increase was slow

increase employee benefits

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with...fun emvironment

Cons

No break room...not allowed to eat in the restaurant...low pay

Raise the pay from $7.25 to an amount someone can live on.

My experience there has been an ok one.

Current Employee - Server in Horn Lake, MS
    Current Employee - Server in Horn Lake, MS

I have been working at Pizza Hut

Pros

Working there is ok. I think the only pro is that everyone gets along, and the environment is laid back.

Cons

pay, business is slow, and kind of boring

be more assertive

Good starter/fill in job; felon friendly (Non-management)

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Florence, AL

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managerial staff are very well trained. Any managers that are rude, obnoxious, or in any other way sub-par are only that way because of personal issues.

The company is extremely understanding when it comes to time off, as long as the time you DO work is meaningful (i.e. if you come in and mess around, hit on customers, curse, and don't follow the extremely simple uniform, you probably won't be as likely to get time off as someone who works hard and deserves it).

The uniform is absolutely awesome. The only absolutely mandatory items are the cotton t-shirt (the new ones are very comfortable, and half of the crew wears them like "regular" shirts), some sort of slip resistant shoes r boots, and the hat. I have my 00 gauges, eyebrow ring, and tongue ring in every day. The new company policy allows them all. reasonable tattoos are accepted too. My co-worker has a tribal tattoo from his left ear to his left eyebrow, and down to his ear lobe. The company is very, very accepting of all things "new-aged".

The benefits are fantastic. Depending on whether the store you're considering is Corporate owned or a franchise makes a small difference, but for the most part, the medical benefits are only the beginning. Every position offers a 401k plan (I'm a 23 year old, college student, delivery driver with a building 401k). Drivers get "Accident Free Hours" incentives for free gas, maintenance, etc. There's also the smaller regional Challenges. The current one we have going on is 'Whoever gets the most "WOW" points gets an all expense paid trip to Vegas or Orlando with a $200 spending-money card'.

This company is all about keeping the employees happy, so they in turn make the customers happy. Happy people make happy pizza!

Cons

Occasionally you'll see the 'drifter'. The guy/gal who used to be 'somebody' (in their own minds). The individual who thinks that they don't have to work as hard as everyone else. The rude kid who is only working there because Mommy is making him pay his own cell phone bill. We call them drifters in my store. We'll get one every 2 months or so, and they'll make it a month before they quit. These people are the ones on here talking about how the reason they 'quit' is because of this guy, and that girl, and him, and her.

Another con is that, well, it's fast food. The customers can be really harsh. 75% of your co-workers will have been high/drunk in the 24hrs before their shift. The injuries can be burning hot oil hitting your skin like napalm, or a misplaced hand meeting a veggie slicer. Drivers have to learn how to get the most out of their cars systems (For example: Delivering pizza in the Florida or Alabama summers with no a/c is horrible), and drivers have to pay for their own repairs. The pay starts out at minimum for Team Members. Drivers make $4.25/hr on the road (+$0.32/mile + Tips), and minimum wage In-Store. Cooks make a little bit better at about $8/hr, but the hours are iffy depending on the amount of business your store gets. Management positions get paid alright though.

Tuition assistance for people interested in upper-management and corporate positions would be wonderful. I was denied a Shift Lead position because of my record. I'm going to school to get my A.A. in Business Fundamentals to help counter my poorly made previous life choices, and at $10,000/A.Y., a little help from a company I plan to help run in the future would be fantastic. :)

Also, a minimum tip for us drivers would be awesome. Example: Some people 'forget' to tip. So if there was a $1-2 minimum tip that was automatically put onto the ticket at the time of order, it wouldn't hurt so bad to get stiffed. Just an idea! :)

Depends on the Store, Team

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a fun job, moves fast and you can learn a lot of basic skills. Every PH I worked at was unique, but was easy to pick up on. Some of the best friends I've made in life come from my experiences here.

Cons

Very corporate, needs a lot of conformity. Your best bet is to get into a franchise that allows more freedom. A lot of redundancy in training, and some infrastructural systems are nonsensical.

Make sure you care about your people and not just your numbers. Margins must be met, but don't abandon the people who make your restaurants worth it.

Good college job

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Pizza Hut

Pros

I've been working at Pizza Hut for about a year and a half. If you work in a college town, like I do, you're probably going to get along with the other employees pretty well and make some decent tips. Depending on your position and manager, the experience can either be great or terrible. I've had a little bit of both.

Cons

As a driver, working during the winter when it gets dark earlier can prove challenging because it can sometimes be extremely difficult to find the proper house numbers, especially if it's raining. Sometimes you can get a mean or inefficient manager that makes it a negative experience, or sometimes you can get a great manager that's very nice and makes it a positive experience. A lot of it depends on your store and position.