Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren

Scott Bergren

Pros
  • You are able to have a flexible schedule, specially if you are a student(in 49 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • I was only paid minimum wage as a team member and i didnt get more than 20 hours a week(in 51 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle(in 20 reviews)

Pizza Hut Helpdesk

Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsAwesome people, awesome help when you need it, fun when people want it to be, serious when it needs to be. Any training provided is completely proprietary. A degree is not needed for the work we do, thus a college education is mostly useless.

ConsTraining is horrid - pretty much learn as you go. Work-to-Life time is becoming absent as time goes on.

Former GM. Overall experience was excellent. Great demonstration of a QSR and learned good delivery disciplines.

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGood money for what you do. Average sales volume of around $25k weekly is fairly slow in the grand scheme of restaurants.

ConsFinding good employees who really embrace taking great care of guests is a constant challenge. Some new products we came out with were very gimmicky.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit playing around with driver wages and reimbursement

very unorganized, alot of favoritism.

Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) Killeen, TX

Prosif you are one of the top contenders in the company you are allowed to do as you please. the job itself is easy, if you are willing to put up with all of the BS that comes along with it and the sometimes unrealistic expectations from the Very senior management. alot of competetive nature.

ConsTraining program sucks. Incentives suck. Very unorganized. Extreme amounts of favoritism. poor hiring processes for management.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote more from within, and pay those that are promoted from within equal to what you're willing to pay some of these managers that you hire from outside that have fabulous interviews, but have no common sense whatsoever and no actual work ethic and cant run a shift let alone a store.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

the job becomes your life

Salaried Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosthere is always training available, flexibility in working day and night shifts, ample opportunity for advancement if you can show ability and requests off are almost always honored, benefits are good

Consmajor struggles for work-life balance, salaried positions have strict guidelines regarding scheduling, standards are sometimes too fluid, expectations are to work more than the 50 hour minimum required

Great first job

Cook (Current Employee) Litchfield, IL

ProsVery easy to learn, challenging to master. You get to meet great people and eat pizza.

ConsLong, monotonous hours, every night is the same drill. Not very staffed so after hours cleaning may take up to an hour while you're expected to be in half.

Not to bad!

Everything (Former Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsTime off varied and depended what it was for. I loved who I worked with and made wonderful friends, but I done to much work for not getting paid much more then everyone else. My bosses were amazing and helped us work as much as they could, although I done their job a lot!

ConsWhen I worked there I served, delivered, cooked, ran the cash register cleaned, and done paper work and I only made 7.50 an hour plus tips (which were next to nothing at my building). It was hard to try and plan anything in the evening unless I got lucky and worked day shift, because if I was scheduled to get off at 9, the earliest I would get off was 10:30 most of the time and if I closed I didn't get home until 2 or 3 in the morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employee's more, don't work them like there are 2 or 3 of them and make sure you have enough people so one person isn't doing it all.

I loved it!!!

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Canyon, TX

ProsSince I was in college when I was working at Pizza Hut, it was great for my schedule. They were very flexible and still provided me with enough hours to earn enough money to pay my bills. I also enjoyed creating and maintaining relationships with coworkers and customers.

ConsThe only thing I didn't enjoy about working for Pizza Hut was the turn-over rate, but that is expected with any type of fast food business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPre-Screen your staff for compatability

Fun and a good stepping stone to something better

Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe culture and atmosphere were great. It was a good place to work

ConsNot enough pay, no insurance benefits, drivers given fair amount of the delivery fee, no room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people better!

Never working in the food business ever

Pizza Cook (Former Employee) Kentwood, LA

Un fresh ingredients
    Staying late

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organized and fresher products

Shift manager

ProsSomewhat flexible schedule? Free personal pans that I can't eat because they are disgusting? Mostly great people.

ConsImpossible to live off of this kind of pay while supporting a child even though I am the highest paid shift manager, $11 an hour. District manager tries to be way too friendly. General manager is amazing, he's been there for about 20 years, works way too much for what he gets paid for, should replace district manager, but the people higher up refuse to promote him. The people that have been grandfathered in by the company will belittle you and be scornful (the drivers) because they are old, have children and upset that they now have to claim tips (state mandated off of credit card charges) and are still working at pizza hut as a delivery driver. This company will not allow you any breaks unless it is a medical emergency. I cover a shift every single week. You will feel proud at first for having this job and then realize you are being used. I've worked at nearly 15 different stores throughout the years, DO NOT go to a high volume store if you do not have to, start at the low volume stores, even if you think it's boring as heck. The million dollar stores will drain you dry.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the rgm's it there, you freaking rock! I love you guys! To the upper upper management, you need to take a special interest in the lower management, you can keep hitting younger and more naive people but eventually you're going to get it handed to you. And the director of operation, promote Jason!

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!