Pizza Hut Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
2.9

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • Fairly flexible hours, good if you are in high school or first two years of college (in 52 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage for a job that required receiving verbal harassment from customers over the phone (in 60 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding place to work. A lot of opportunity.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Lawton, OK
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lawton, OK

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

Most stores are locally owned, and managed. You have opportunity to move up from delivery driver, line cook, to assistant manager at every store Ive worked at. Tips are very useful. Scheduling is very flexible and can easily work around your life schedule. Work with management, and they will work with you, from my experience.

Cons

None that I know of.

Keep it up.

Delivery Driver: Good job for college student.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work at a Delivery/Carryout only store. They are very flexible with my school schedule and they offer lots of hours. Consistently working 20-30 hours a week. Pretty good money for the work you do. Drivers make minimum wage, plus tips, and get reimbursed $1.25 per delivery. Meet and work with a diverse group of people.

Cons

No opportunity for a pay raise as a driver. Between my hourly wage, tips, and delivery reimbursement, on average, I make more money per hour than a shift manager. Not everyone wants to work to their full potential and management is okay with that. Upper level management doesn't real see employees as human beings.

Decent for a Temporary position

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Statesboro, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Statesboro, GA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sometimes was given pizza at a discounted rate.

Cons

Was only given 3 hour shifts, scheduled when unavailable, find out when you work the night before.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and high paced

Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone who worked there was around my age, so I got along with my coworkers really well. I was a driver; the pace was high but it was a great time. I've had friends who worked as delivery drivers for other pizza companies, and they don't make near the amount of tips that I was making as a pizza hut driver.

Cons

The training was not what it could have been. I was just sat down in front of a computer screen for a few hours and watched their training video and then I was expected to be able to perform.

Devote more manpower towards training your employees.

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

Simple tasks. Reward myself and the team with pizza lol. Hours as a shift manager always stay between 20-30 hours even if business is slow. Tips for drivers and people at the front. You will get to see the same customers and become friends with them. You will know about products before they hit the tv. The types of people you work with make it more or less interesting in the work place.

Cons

If you are a regular employee, hours can change between 6-24 hours a week depending how much profit your store makes during each period and how amount of workers you have. Work days at sometimes 2 and a half ours to 5. One little error can often create a chain of problems depending what it is. When it's busy it seems we are understaffed but according to your gm's view of the store we aren't we just have to handle it. Closing people which usually depends by store 2-3 people usually have to clean up the store. Customers confusion of the policies such as credit card for delivery and confirming new customer phone numbers. Any type of problem during the rush hour can be very time consuming to fix, effecting other customers service.

Can't really fix anything it's just a usual clash between workers advice and higher management when management goes on the sales, statistics, rules, and budget and the worker needs more people or utensils but just end up needing to work harder. For any lazy managers help out!!!!

Pizza Hut: Crazy Adventure

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager  in  Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's fast paced, generally there's a good mix of employees. Took me awhile but I was able to advance from server to driver to shift manager with the potential for assistant manager. If you show you work hard and are good at your job there is lots of potential to move up. Consistent schedule. Stable hours. Flexible. Management is solid and knows how to run a business.

Cons

Lots of work for little pay. A few managers in the company are simply not the best and unpleasant to work for. Difficult to get a raise. Can be understaffed and hectic.

Be consistent. Lead your team, don't boss them. Work with them don't just tell them what to do. Explain and teach new methods and rules. Promote more positivity. Keep up on inventory and order correct trucks.

Great job, good pay

Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Delivering pizzas was and will always be my favorite job. Customers are always happy to see you, I got to drive around in my car and listen to music, it was awesome. PPL were always trying to get an extra shift, so if you wanted time off you just asked another driver.

Cons

Some customers don't understand that as a delivery driver you are responsible for ALL of your own gas and car repair expenses, whilst you are being paid minimum wage. Tipping your delivery driver is so important!!! Yes the store charges you a fee to deliver, but that money goes to purchase the hot bags that keep your pizza hot while in transport, and to purchase the light up car toppers.

I had a superb manager, and I loved everything!

Great to work for if your coworkers have some pride in their work.

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The flexibility is amazing. You can pick up more hours when you are not busy with school but if you start falling behind in classes the managers are always willing to cut you back a bit so you can catch up.

Cons

The average employee doesn't care about their job and lacks drive and pride in the work they are doing.

Put your foot down and let the garbage go. If they are hurting your business they shouldn't be in your stores.

Easy entry level job but very repetitive

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly manager with strong leadership skills

Cons

Repetitive so they should rotate positions as much as possible

Improve overall English and have those answering phones and taking orders being the ones that are able to pronounce words correctly, clearly, and loud enough. I suggest a company program to teach this if it's not already in place by now or at least allocate the right person for the right job at the right time.

It was fun to work there

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time for less than a year

Pros

The manager cares about her employees

Cons

The supervisor only liked certian employees if you weren't on that list then you were treated like crap

Need to get more involved in under management

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!