Pizza Hut

2.9
1,094 Reviews

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • Fairly flexible hours, good if you are in high school or first two years of college (in 59 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage for a job that required receiving verbal harassment from customers over the phone (in 65 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun job. Not so great management.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Friendswood, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Friendswood, TX

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything depends on the attitude of the employees at your restaurant. Of the 2 stores I worked at, the employees were fun to be around. Generally, the store manager can work around whatever hours and days off you need.

Cons

People quit left and right for various reasons. Management (above shift, usually) is poor. Open and close shifts are the worst to work because often times the open/closing driver doesn't show up or calls in sick. Employees work ethic are usually poor without store manager doing anything about it. You'll also find that some customers take advantage of the system for free food. Nothing you can do about that because you don't want to call a customer a liar and lose your job.

THE PAY FOR SHIFT MANAGERS AND AND ABOVE ARE CRAP!!! All the work you do is absolutely not compensated for. I have seen store managers go into mental breakdown mode because the work involved is overwhelming.

Re-structure your training program.

Not something I want to do forever, but happy here right now.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cook
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cook

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really like being at Pizza Hut, the hours are very flexible, you get free soda which is nice. I work with an upbeat team and it's not a terrible job. The uniform is really comfortable, at this store it's a t-shirt which is very comfortable, jeans, hat, apron, and name tag.You can wear whatever kind of shoes you like, as long as they're appropriate shoes for a kitchen. The job is pretty fast paced, never any down time, which makes time go by pretty fast. If I'm not cooking I am doing prep work. You really have to rely on your team because you can't get the job done without them honestly. Aside from a few lazy people who are there just for the paycheck, everybody is pretty enthusiastic. The managers push you to your limits sometimes, but it's only because they genuinely care about the product that is being put out. I don't look forward to going to work everyday, however when I get there I actually enjoy what I do. And 9 times out of 10 I come home happy and with a smile on my face.

Cons

It is really hard not getting breaks. I worked an 7 hour shift with no breaks one day and I really don' t feel that should be allowed. You are on your feet literally all day on a concrete floor. And usually my back hurts in my shoulder blades because you have to reach so far back for some toppings that are pretty popular, and I am taller than some, I don't know how shorter people reach some of the things needed for normal everyday tasks.

I think there needs to be little more training, yeah it's a fairly easy job but the expectations are so high at the company, which they should be, but the training material should be changed. I think that management really needs to work harder on making sure everybody gets there breaks. Employees would be much happier if they had a little bit of time to take a breath and eat, I don't think it is appropriate that managers get to take a lunch break and eat when lower level employees don't get a break and we have to go almost a full day without eating something.

Fun. Very cool and I am going to have a good day at work and I will not be able to do it for a while

Former Employee - Pizza Maker in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pizza Maker in London, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut

Pros

The following pages of my favorite things about the future of the most important thing is that you can also use the following week and the rest of this message is not the same thing as the first time

Cons

The first one was the only way to get the best way for you guys are going well for the first time in the future of this message has been in the world of difference between what you think you can also use it as well

Great news about the same thing as the first time in the future of it and the other side of things to be in a couple weeks and I will be able to get the best thing to remember

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with...fun emvironment

Cons

No break room...not allowed to eat in the restaurant...low pay

Raise the pay from $7.25 to an amount someone can live on.

Horribly managed company

Current Employee - Shift Manager in McMinnville, OR
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in McMinnville, OR

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally flexible hours, it isn't rocket science, easy enough that a twelve year old could do it.

Cons

Unattainable goals, awful lack of respect for employees, breaking policies is overlooked and ignored

Start caring about your employees.

Amazing

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Mundelein, IL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Mundelein, IL

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Delivery was an amazing job, I made lots of tips, like 50-120 in a night no problem. You work as a team, and feel like you are on a team, its not one of those solo jobs.

Cons

Car repairs can always come up being a delivery driver, and also gas when its expensive can become a really big pain.

A great experience

I worked at Pizza Hut

Pros

I enjoyed working in a world class company! The whole environment is definitely professional: safety instructions, signs, recipes, etc. Everything is clear, you don't need to ask for information and can really focus on your job.

Cons

The job can be hectic at times: you don't get to choose when the flow of customers increases or decreases! But it makes you get better at organizing.

pro

Former Employee - RGM in Bay Saint Louis, MS
    Former Employee - RGM in Bay Saint Louis, MS

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

loved my job pay was decent

Cons

upper manahment doesn't listen or communitcate

none

Great to work for

I worked at Pizza Hut

Pros

Really busy, so time flies by.

Cons

Customers don't always remember that you are really busy and have other customers you are trying to help.

delivery driver

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours and great management

Cons

bad neighborhoods and pay scale increase was slow

increase employee benefits