Pizza Hut

Updated August 19, 2014

2.9

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • You are able to have a flexible schedule, specially if you are a student (in 49 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • I was only paid minimum wage as a team member and i didnt get more than 20 hours a week (in 51 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

The opportunity to make a lot of money in tips but you have to deal with the scum of the Earth/.

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Akron, OH

Pros

Decent balance with my work and school schedules, they offer you flexible scheduling of your hours, the management is decent when you have the right leader.

Cons

Pay is absolutely atrocious, the quality of the product has gone down while the pricing scheme is never consistant one week the pizza is $10 the next it is $16 making having repeat business almost impossible.

Disappointing hours

Pros

The pros of working here is that coworkers are great people that you can easily get along with.

Cons

The challenges of working here is that the hours are low, the management doesn't appreciate their employees.

give fair and stable hours and acknowledge employees.

Bad Experience

Pros

ok work environment and with some reasonable folks. lots of politics due to outsourcing, and fast pace at times.

Cons

Outsourcing menace and zero career growth and too much corporate ladder level checks for promotions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hustle and bustle

Former Employee - Driver  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good money on tips and you can eat all the pizza you want.

Cons

Minimum wage and manages are incompetent and times.

hate pizza hut

Pros

flexible schedule, friendly ppl, family

Cons

low pay, alot of wrk

stop having favorites

My my experience was quite well

Pros

prose work good pay great hours great coworkers

Cons

cons where leadership cleaning of workplace

general manager

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

compant treats employees like family

Cons

labor and delivery times are main priority.

focus on the customers and the rest will come...

Started out well, but then corporate culture went downhill...

Former Employee - Shift Leader  in  Niles, MI
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Niles, MI

Pros

Driving delivery and waiting tables are the best gigs at the store, and it is really easy to get into management if upward mobility is your thing. Flexible hours were a plus at one time too.

Cons

I worked for pizza hut for almost 10 years and the last 4 have been watching a downward slide in employee value for the company, finally ending with capping hours for all employees but a select few managers at only 29 a week to avoid offering healthcare. So nowadays the cons are extremely stressful working environment, high employee turnover, strict standards that are impossible to meet with the skeleton crew you have to have to meet projected labor costs, no way to gain more hours than scheduled past 29, extremely limited ability to call off/find someone to replace some one who called off since you cannot find someone to cover that isn't close to the cap (violating the hours cap can result in a writeup or termination) or at their second job... I could go on.

Easy work, if you're good with customers!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Melissa, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melissa, TX

Pros

Great job for someone who likes speaking with people, without being too serious or in depth in conversations. No real skills required other than being nice and friendly.

Cons

Mean customers have to be the worst part of the job, but hey, those are in every field you ever find yourself in.

Show more support for your team members! They are the legs that you stand on!

Avoid if you can

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Denver, CO

Pros

Fast paced. Get to leave the store and deliver pizzas.

Cons

Poor tips. Lazy workers. Some people put away dirty dishes. Your supposed to rinse off dishes before you put it in the tray and run it through the dishwasher machine. Once saw my manager just put dishes in tray full of sauce. Hard to put up with. Once told one of my coworkers that one of the dishes he had cleaned still had crap all over it. He just placed it back in the sink and moved onto the next dish. I ended up doing that dish. Lots of times I felt like I was doing everything around there. One of my managers I feel expected too much out of me. I'd be making wings and then I'd be yelled at to go answer the phone.

Little to no training. Pretty much learn as you go. Rude customers on phone.

Poor pay. Wear and tear on your car. Can get lost every now and then at apartments.

Expected to work whenever they need you, Holidays, whenever it snows, pretty much whenever

We were short staffed a lot. Their computer system is outdated, so whenever you needed to put in a computer code, signing in, say that someone was in range of delivery, you would need a manager override. Sometimes it would take manager a while to come and override.

Pay your employees a little better than minimum wage and evaluate managers performance at restaurants. How many managers do you want that are so lazy they put away dirty dishes? Don't clock your delivery drivers on the road. Pay them minimum wage the whole time. Instead of paying by the delivery pay by the mileage.

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!