Pizza Hut Reviews

2.9
1,027 Reviews

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • Free food during downtime, which there is typically a lot of (in 57 reviews)

• Fairly flexible hours, good if you are in high school or first two years of college (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage for a job that required receiving verbal harassment from customers over the phone (in 62 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Delivery Driver: Good job for college student.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work at a Delivery/Carryout only store. They are very flexible with my school schedule and they offer lots of hours. Consistently working 20-30 hours a week. Pretty good money for the work you do. Drivers make minimum wage, plus tips, and get reimbursed $1.25 per delivery. Meet and work with a diverse group of people.

Cons

No opportunity for a pay raise as a driver. Between my hourly wage, tips, and delivery reimbursement, on average, I make more money per hour than a shift manager. Not everyone wants to work to their full potential and management is okay with that. Upper level management doesn't real see employees as human beings.

Decent for a Temporary position

Former Employee - Team Member in Statesboro, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Statesboro, GA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes was given pizza at a discounted rate.

Cons

Was only given 3 hour shifts, scheduled when unavailable, find out when you work the night before.

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Simple tasks. Reward myself and the team with pizza lol. Hours as a shift manager always stay between 20-30 hours even if business is slow. Tips for drivers and people at the front. You will get to see the same customers and become friends with them. You will know about products before they hit the tv. The types of people you work with make it more or less interesting in the work place.

Cons

If you are a regular employee, hours can change between 6-24 hours a week depending how much profit your store makes during each period and how amount of workers you have. Work days at sometimes 2 and a half ours to 5. One little error can often create a chain of problems depending what it is. When it's busy it seems we are understaffed but according to your gm's view of the store we aren't we just have to handle it. Closing people which usually depends by store 2-3 people usually have to clean up the store. Customers confusion of the policies such as credit card for delivery and confirming new customer phone numbers. Any type of problem during the rush hour can be very time consuming to fix, effecting other customers service.

Can't really fix anything it's just a usual clash between workers advice and higher management when management goes on the sales, statistics, rules, and budget and the worker needs more people or utensils but just end up needing to work harder. For any lazy managers help out!!!!

Pizza Hut: Crazy Adventure

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's fast paced, generally there's a good mix of employees. Took me awhile but I was able to advance from server to driver to shift manager with the potential for assistant manager. If you show you work hard and are good at your job there is lots of potential to move up. Consistent schedule. Stable hours. Flexible. Management is solid and knows how to run a business.

Cons

Lots of work for little pay. A few managers in the company are simply not the best and unpleasant to work for. Difficult to get a raise. Can be understaffed and hectic.

Be consistent. Lead your team, don't boss them. Work with them don't just tell them what to do. Explain and teach new methods and rules. Promote more positivity. Keep up on inventory and order correct trucks.

It was fun to work there

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The manager cares about her employees

Cons

The supervisor only liked certian employees if you weren't on that list then you were treated like crap

Need to get more involved in under management

Great to work for if your coworkers have some pride in their work.

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility is amazing. You can pick up more hours when you are not busy with school but if you start falling behind in classes the managers are always willing to cut you back a bit so you can catch up.

Cons

The average employee doesn't care about their job and lacks drive and pride in the work they are doing.

Put your foot down and let the garbage go. If they are hurting your business they shouldn't be in your stores.

Okay

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time

Pros

Good management and crew, good way to make some cash

Cons

Wear and tear on your vehicle (if driver), too much focus on up-selling (we have to offer four different things to customers).

Don't focus so much on sales

It's a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great manager, take pride in what they are doing, put customer first and are always pushing for a clean environment

Cons

Not a lot of employee. You sometimes have to do multiple things at the same time because of the lack of workers which I think is pretty cheap

It was a good job for a full-time student.

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best things working here were the flexibility of the management. Also management always treated us as equals. They were very polite, and consistently used manners, which I found to be refreshing and kept the environment healthy.

Cons

The training could use an overhaul. Give new employees a mentor or have them come in and observer a dinner/lunch rush in order to ease them in.

Management should always be on the lookout for new employees. As we had employees that took advantage of management's generosity.

It's what you'd expect

Former Employee - Cook in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Cook in State College, PA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They give you a decent discount and some money towards a bite to eat every shift. You also can drink as much soda as you want. The hours are flexible and most of my supervisors were good natured.

Cons

Closing shifts tend to go well past the time you are scheduled for. Ownership is out of touch in the way you'd expect someone who owns a pizza Hut would be. If you've worked at a restaurant before then just assume all the bad parts you already know about exist here as well. It is what it is.

I don't know all of the pressures they were under so I won't tell them how to do their job. Though I didn't mind staying later I just wanted to know in advance.