Pizza Hut Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.9

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • You are able to have a flexible schedule, specially if you are a student (in 49 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • I was only paid minimum wage as a team member and i didnt get more than 20 hours a week (in 51 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Awful place to work

Former Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a job, so it's better than nothing. Free food sometimes. Payed weekly. No drug test to get hired.

Cons

Franchisees can operate anyway they want. Low pay, low hours. No oversight from upper management. They will change your schedule every week and not tell you. If you ask for more hours they give you less.

Emerald City Pizza Really Does Suck

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Had an awesome general manager and coworkers at my location
    -Flexible scheduling for students or those with multiple jobs
    -Easy to get a shift covered
    -It's really, really hard to get fired from Pizza Hut
    -It's an easy job
    -If you're a driver or server you will get tips

Cons

- No raises (no matter how hard you work or how long you work there)
    - GOD AWFUL, HORRIBLE upper management on behalf of Emerald City Pizza LLC (I can't emphasize that enough).
    - Will never get more than 28 hours a week. It will likely be fewer than that in order to account for staying late and/or covering shifts. Pizza Hut decided to cut back all of their employees hours in order to avoid having to offer health insurance in accordance with ObamaCare. If the GM allows anyone to work 30 or more hours a week, they run the risk of being fired.
    -Shift managers don't get paid nearly enough, thus leading to them lacking incentive to do a decent job. Shift managers make less than $0.50 an hour more than minimum wage, work 8+ hour shifts without breaks and don't get nearly enough training. I've at times had to do the shift managers job because they didn't know how to do the computer or paper work.
    -Training sucks store wide. New employees are required to do computer training (which isn't helpful at all), have some random employee give them a quick run down on their station then are expected to know what they're doing.
    -It's all about saving labor. If the store is slow, you will get the option of being sent home early, clocking in late or taking an "extended break" until it picks back up. Shift managers are always sending people home early (which makes us very understaffed) in order to save labor hours. They don't care if they sacrifice the quality of customer service or product, it only matters to them if the numbers look good on paper.
    -No free food. At most you will get a 50% discount off of something, but only if you're working. Even McDonald's gives their employees a free meal for each shift. Step it up PH! You can get a 20% discount if you're off the clock. I learned that this doesn't extend to all locations. I tried using my 20% at another in-state store and the manager refused.

Offer some sort of incentive to stay for loyal and hard working employees. All of the people who could actually do a decent job quit because Pizza Hut is even more of a dead end job than McDonalds. The only chance for advancement you have is to become a shift manager which entails you to a whopping $0.50 more an hour and you still won't get any raises. I was cross trained to do everything in the store and worked there for a few years and not once got a raise. My area coach praised me for my work, but apparently it wasn't worth more than the dud who came in tweaking on meth everyday and skipped most of his shifts. When my coworker who worked there for 4 years asked for a raise the area coach said "No, your raise is when minimum wage goes up every year." ECP needs to learn how to treat their employees right instead of looking at them like low life's.

Hated it

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time

Pros

Friendly Customers , the people who came in were actually nice sometimes even though some days people were ignorant. But i got over it

Cons

The resturant i worked at was poorly tooken care of. it smelled really bad like rotten milk and food and that was no appealing to the customers that were coming to eat so we did lose buisness.

Always take charge into making the buisness better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unorganized, High standards

Current Employee - Server  in  Woodburn, OR
    Current Employee - Server in Woodburn, OR

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for less than a year

Pros

They are flexible with your schedule

Cons

Rude coworkers, one person does all the work,little help, lots of side work,unfair treatment, unorganized environment, not given breaks

Workers are not treated with respect instead of us hearing your feedback , let us give you feedback once in a while. We are not credited enough for the work that we do. There is a great lack of supervising and instead of facts being told guesses are being made on what we are doing. Make sure workers are getting breaks as promised and well deserved. Yes it is all about the customers but it would be fair to consider the workers thoughts and feelings.

Delivery Driver

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for less than a year

Pros

It helped me fill a financial gap (somewhat) due to only being employed part time elsewhere at the moment, but that is about it.

Cons

Lots of favoritism at the store I am at. I am working 6 nights a week right now, and GM complains I am not available for 7! Even still I only work around 25 hours because so many shifts are only 4 hours. Drivers are often overbooked and expected to do other duties. Many nights I only have about 5 deliveries and given other duties at $7.25 an hour (an only $4.25 when on a delivery). Not worth the aggravation. Very demoralizing place to work. Oh and knowing what goes on in the back, especially with the dough and pans, I wouldn't eat there!

Pay attention to more than just reports and numbers. Find out what the real culture is at your stores.

Just a job to get some extra cash and nothing else

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Queens Village, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Queens Village, NY

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great place to gain some experience if you've never had a job before.

Cons

-Extremely impersonal workplace atmosphere with a very rude and pretentious manager.

It was okay to get you by

I have been working at Pizza Hut

Pros

You get to take tips home every night

Cons

You need a car that gets good gas mileage

Good for extra money, or perhaps managerial related work

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Team Member  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Team Member in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

Perhaps the good thing about this store in general is that it's GM is understanding and can work with certain schedules; whether you have a second job or classes, you'll always have days to work. Even better is that they're always welcome if you desire more hours or days.In truth, all the managers there (Staff, assistant, even district) are friendly and are always willing to listen to problems whether in the store, or employment. Work itself is fairly easy and hardly requires any experience whatsoever, though one should be very wary to pay attention to detail as mind you, this IS a restaurant.

Cons

Recall that above, it was mentioned that this restaurant in particular enjoys it's employees wanting to request more hours or days? That's mainly it's down fall, though not so much the fact that it enjoys hard working people, but the fact that it's completely underhanded, mainly with only two or three cooks, a waitress or two (majority of the time, callers or even the managers have to fill the position), etc. Likewise, training itself is simply "Look at this video, complete the tests, then hands on training" which is either hit or miss; in my time there, I agreed to multiple positions for the sake of experience, only to be kept back in the kitchen to make pizzas. I won't even go into detail on how long it took me to actually learn proper preparatory of dough, or even sauce preparations.

Gives you enough hours to be able to support yourself

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Team Member  in  Marietta, OH
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Team Member in Marietta, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cig breakes
    alot of hours
    great GM
    friendly co workers

Cons

Hot inside especially in cook area
    closing is not fun

It was a nice first job.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Bonner Springs, KS
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bonner Springs, KS

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

nice coworkers, good management, good hours

Cons

got very busy, sometimes couldn't keep up

schedule more people to keep up with the rush

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!