Pizza Hut

Updated August 19, 2014

2.9

Pizza Hut CEO Scott Bergren
Scott Bergren

Pros
  • You are able to have a flexible schedule, specially if you are a student (in 49 reviews)

• The only solace of benefits you get is the free food and tea (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • I was only paid minimum wage as a team member and i didnt get more than 20 hours a week (in 51 reviews)

• Working as a delivery driver will cause wear and tear on your vehicle (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunities

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager  in  Oberlin, OH
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Oberlin, OH

Pros

Flexible hours, great salary and bonus package, fun environment

Cons

Must work 50 hours a week minimum, not a good fit for parents

Nurture young managers more and allow for medical considerations

Making Pizza

Former Employee - Pizza Cook  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Pizza Cook in Portland, OR

Pros

It's all dependent on location - I was lucky to have worked at one that had a great manager. Young, but didn't look down on his employees. My co-workers were for the most part also great team members.

Cons

Well you left smelling like pizza toppings - no going out right after work without a shower first! Pay was okay for making pizza.

My Position was Off-Shored within a month even though the contract commitment was long term

Former Employee - Digital Consultant  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Consultant in Plano, TX

Pros

Friendly atmosphere (to a degree), Straight forward work tasks on a daily basis

Cons

Back stabbing double crossing Management who isn't straight forward with you about the events transpiring within your team's environment (e.g. - My position is off shored to Argentina to help streamline business needs in Plano, TX). Project Management (not my Direct Manager) loves to scream at you and (for the record, "Talk about you and not yell at you." They do not know the difference. They may come back to you later saying they felt bad when the truth is they really didn't. They'll continue to do so beyond just as the PM in this case has.) Also the My Direct Manager promised to help with an excellent reference as assistance to help me land my next new opportunity but when asked, he refused to write a Letter of Recommendation as far as being considered for other opportunities within Pizza Hut is concerned. Candidate Buyers Beware!!

Keep your promises and commitments even to Contractors and be forth right and forth coming about fulfilling commitments to providing excellent references. Especially if ths is going to happen to them one month in onthe job. Your refusal to even write a letter of reference or recommendation is as good as leaving them high and dry even though the circumstances leading to the contractor being let go are directly related to their performance. If you're going to say you want to help, then fulfill it and don't leave contractors empty handed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delivery Driver

Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Drive your own car, listen to music. Kinda like your own boss, don't really have to deal with the business just pick up and go back to your car.

Cons

Hard to find a lot of locations especially on base. Alot of people will not tip you. Gas mileage cuts down on how much you actually make. I got lost quite a few times trying to find locations and people would not accept the pizza because they said it was probably cold etc. Sometimes it would take upwards of 30 to 45 minutes to get to a location on Peterson Air Force Base because of no mapping for the area.

Provide your employees with GPS!

PENSACOLA - Worst pizza delivery job in this city.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Can eat all the rejected or brought back pizza. No other pros. I am looking for a new job.

Cons

Unlike other delivery places, there is no set amt per delivery, such as 1.50 a run, but paid low mileage. My store delivers to a military base so if you have 3 deliveries you get about .75 for all three vs places like Dominos or Papa John which would be 4.50 for all 3 runs.

Second, I am paid tip wage of 4.91/hr. The way how they work it, if i take ANY delivery and it takes 15-30 mins to get back to the store, my 3.00 tip covers the entire hour. So once back in the store, I am washing dishes or prep work at 4.91/hr. I only make min wage of 7.93 if I dont take any deliveries for the ENTIRE hour. My paychecks are usually about 130.00 for 40 hrs in two weeks. Only 3-4 hours is min wage and the remaining 36 is 4.91/hr. I average about 100.00 in tips a week. You mostly get the coin change.

Third, my store does NOT offer ANY employee discount for pizza. Doesnt happen.

Forth, other than the military base, the area is unsafe. I have been there 3 months and almost robbed twice. Unsafe area also equals no tips. Today I worked 5 hrs, took 6 runs and got 2.10 in tips and 7.90 in gas money with about 40 miles on my car. Basically wearcand tear on car and less than min wage at slave labour conditions.

Its obvious corporate greed is most important, especially since you can even keep the store supplied to do the job.
    Its also great how you pay us 4.91/hr to hand cut veggies and put us at risk of cutting our hands. The pre cut veggies are available but that costs a little more, taking away from corporate greed.
    A/C works in half the store and its above 90 degrees in the building. Too cheap to fix.
    Dirty, dirty place to work in, filty building.
    This store gets held up all the time and this past year 2 other pizza drivers were murdered but you are so cheap to put up a video camera to help protect us!

Awful place to work

Former Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Syracuse, NY

Pros

It's a job, so it's better than nothing. Free food sometimes. Payed weekly. No drug test to get hired.

Cons

Franchisees can operate anyway they want. Low pay, low hours. No oversight from upper management. They will change your schedule every week and not tell you. If you ask for more hours they give you less.

Hated it

Pros

Friendly Customers , the people who came in were actually nice sometimes even though some days people were ignorant. But i got over it

Cons

The resturant i worked at was poorly tooken care of. it smelled really bad like rotten milk and food and that was no appealing to the customers that were coming to eat so we did lose buisness.

Always take charge into making the buisness better.

Delivery Driver

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

Pros

It helped me fill a financial gap (somewhat) due to only being employed part time elsewhere at the moment, but that is about it.

Cons

Lots of favoritism at the store I am at. I am working 6 nights a week right now, and GM complains I am not available for 7! Even still I only work around 25 hours because so many shifts are only 4 hours. Drivers are often overbooked and expected to do other duties. Many nights I only have about 5 deliveries and given other duties at $7.25 an hour (an only $4.25 when on a delivery). Not worth the aggravation. Very demoralizing place to work. Oh and knowing what goes on in the back, especially with the dough and pans, I wouldn't eat there!

Pay attention to more than just reports and numbers. Find out what the real culture is at your stores.

Unorganized, High standards

Current Employee - Server  in  Woodburn, OR
    Current Employee - Server in Woodburn, OR

Pros

They are flexible with your schedule

Cons

Rude coworkers, one person does all the work,little help, lots of side work,unfair treatment, unorganized environment, not given breaks

Workers are not treated with respect instead of us hearing your feedback , let us give you feedback once in a while. We are not credited enough for the work that we do. There is a great lack of supervising and instead of facts being told guesses are being made on what we are doing. Make sure workers are getting breaks as promised and well deserved. Yes it is all about the customers but it would be fair to consider the workers thoughts and feelings.

Just a job to get some extra cash and nothing else

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Queens Village, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Queens Village, NY

Pros

-Great place to gain some experience if you've never had a job before.

Cons

-Extremely impersonal workplace atmosphere with a very rude and pretentious manager.

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!