Pizza Hut UK Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

3.6

Jens Hofma

Student friendly job, Hard working.

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have a great fun and the great team.

Cons

You have to be a hard worker especially in bigger restaurants, very busy and never enough staff which can be hard.

love it

Current Employee - BOH Kitchen Staff  in  Ayr, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - BOH Kitchen Staff in Ayr, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i love working in pizza hut the team are so nice to each other all of the time and work together to make shifts easier for one another. I work in BOH and the atmosphere in work is always great. the starting wages are great in pizza hut and you can progress through the different opportunities presented i.e. you could be a BOH kitchen staff then get cross trained then be trained as a manager the possibilities are great and much appreciated by all staff. I would also like to say that this is a great company for being extremely flexible for work to life ratios at least my store is and it makes it all the nicer that i know i can get shifts covered when i need them to be and that i can request certain days off for special occasions but also i have commitments on a Thursday night so my store never gives me a shift on a Thursday night because i asked them not to.

Cons

some times things can get a little tense if the shift is going sour and this can cause for a depressing finish to a day sometimes i will go in to work in the best of moods however i will return home in a not so good mood after a shift due to so much grief from management or even customers. I realize however that this is just the ways things are as you will always have customers that are not stasfied with service etc and that management is only doing their job but it doesn't make the job any less stressful at times.

i just wish they would bring back the old reward system for staff because when i go into work and give my best that day and it is noticed by a manager that i am going over and beyond the call of duty in the work place i am sorry to say that i am not exactly excited that i received a badge i mean the customers don't even see BOH staffs badges so what is the point really? its like giving a 3 year old a sticker for doing a good job i understand the FOH staff like them as they can decorate uniforms with them etc but in BOH its not that exciting.

Awful company altogether

Former Employee - FOH Team Member
    Former Employee - FOH Team Member

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid bi-weekly, flexible, close to home, staff discount was fantastic, free drinks, you get to keep all your tips to yourself, transfer to different stores for extra shifts/university move

Cons

The management were too "in your face" and trying to know every detail about your personal life, lack of trust, hours constantly cut, demotivated team, low staff morale, lack of training and opportunities, getting shifts "cancelled" via telephone, usually shortly before your shift (this used to occur a couple of times a week), being paid the national minimum wage, no job security, lots of gossiping in the workplace, staff retention rates were awful, company boasting about its success in its restaurants in major cities, but not focusing on underperforming store, that I used to work at, and favoritism that was used by every manager and supervisor in the restaurant!!

Stop getting involved in employees personal lives, and focus on the running of the restaurant, and the working environment more!!!!! Stop thinking about your salaries and money, and think about the needs of the staff and customers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's ok for a first job

Former Employee - Pizza Chef  in  Romford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pizza Chef in Romford, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Flexible to give me any time I needed off
    * 50% off is ok, Staff should receive 100% discount like Nando's offer to friends and family (shows you care and want to maintain staff)

Cons

* Working in the evenings limited me to what I could do during the day (staying local, etc..)
    * Poor wage

Increase wage, offer better incentives to stay with the company

Age discrimination

Former Employee - Pizza Chef  in  Doncaster, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Pizza Chef in Doncaster, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting new friends that is all

Cons

Reduced hours EVERY week
    Anyone on a lower wage gets all the hours

Sort our francise stores out!! The doncaster one is being run completely wrong!!

Fun and fairly good money

Current Employee - Front of House  in  Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Front of House in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours are flexible and same with time off. Both staff and customers are friendly.

Cons

It can often be very busy

Pizza Hut has been an idea job for myself as it is cash in hand whilst being an enjoyable working environment.

Current Employee - Waiter  in  Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Waiter in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working front of house is beneficial mostly for the tips as I can live of this. Most people who work in the store are in the same position as myself, i.e. students, and this makes it enjoyable as we all have a lot in common. It is also quite a flexible process to get shifts covered as well as time off, whilst easy to pick hours up if needs be.

Cons

Whilst it is easy to pick hours up most of the time, being on a zero hour contract means there is very little job security and when the staff is full hours are drastically cut and it can be diffciult. There is also very little chance of progression and outside of being a part time job, it would not be feasible to work there full time. There is also little reward. Whilst expected to meet GES targets there is little reward for actually doing so and seems mainly to be for the managers bonuses. The marking criteria for GES is also not very accurate, front of house being dragged down for poor food quality is ridiculious.

Consider changiong the marking/grading criteria for the GES. Look to install some more opportunities for progression within the companies. As a recent graduate working within the companty before I finished university the option of going on a graduate scheme would be extrmely appealing. Make more rewards for the staff, like partnerships with other companies so as to get discounts or other perks.

Biased managers make uncomfortable to work at

Former Employee - Waiter  in  Bromborough, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter in Bromborough, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro's of this job I found was growing my own confidence to be able to move to another job.

Cons

I found working FOH the managers were very biased towards their staff. If you got on the wrong side of one of them they would have you doing the dirty jobs shift on shift as I found. This would then effect your chances of getting tipped by customers to increase the already minimum wage. I also found once you completed your online training, you were practically thrown in the deep end. As having no hospitality job experience prior I found this very difficult at peak times during the shift. On some occasions the shift would end up like a free for all, with nobody sticking to their assigned tables or jobs and just doing as they please. The fact that you only found out your shifts on a terrible staff website on Sunday night was also ridiculous. If you are full time I don't think its so bad but for a part time staff such as me who has college/university as their main priority this was not professional.

Involve yourself more with your staff. Treat equally and if they need help, GIVE IT, working in a busy hospitality service is very stressful and difficult for people with no prior experience!!

great team to work with however worked with two terrible general managers

Former Employee - Back of House Staff  in  Gateshead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Back of House Staff in Gateshead, England (UK)

I worked at Pizza Hut UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

they are likely to employ you without any experience

Cons

training and development is non-existent, worked for the company two years asked for more responsibility and were reluctant to help. also cut hours on regular basis as only 4 hour contracts

general managers should be aware that if they want to progress within the company that they should have people ready to step up in their place, this should be from team member to duty management and so on.

Up and down, depends on your store location and management team.

I have been working at Pizza Hut UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

The fact you can ask to swop stores if you are moving away and also the staff tips.

Cons

You don't usually get the rota till Sunday. They aren't usually fair with hours, one week you might randomly get half the hours your used too, in which management will just shrug off as 'your here to suit the business' needs', which isnt good when you have bills to pay.
    You have to get customers to do feedback when they return home, this is how your job performance is measured yet nobody wants to go home after a meal and fill in a survey! It kind of comes across to the customer that your only treating them well so they do the survey.

Create more perks for the job, incentives, team building activities,. Also maybe create incentives for management to complete rotas in good time!

Worked for Pizza Hut UK? Contribute to the Community!